Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Couldn't resist, they were on clearance... The white one is the better quality version with embroidered patches and thicker fabric, the blue one is screen printed.

Sounds good. Did you get enough for everyone at WF?

Sounds good. Did you get enough for everyone at WF?

Sure. They'll be waiting for you when the first SJ or WF will be in Finland!

Drove up to HockeyMonkey today.

ikVpFl.png

As if I wasn't already sold on these, I realize after I put them on that they have adjustable straps. You can move them to where you want them:

vZhjel.png

My only complaint - the material used on the inside is REALLY rough on the skin. Feels like a damn plastic brillo pad. I'm sure it'll soften over time, though.

68EV2l.png

Oh, and also grabbed a stick bag for Winterfest.

Edited by OptimusReim

Yeah I really hated the liner and hopefully it softens up for you. You can always swap out or cover up that liner with a different material if you like. The straps used to be a common feature, wish more pads had them.

Picked up some 122 flex Bauer TO shafts last week and have my first game in ages tonight. Started to get two of them ready and dug around for blades and found some ancient Bauer Kovalchuks I didn't even remember having. Pretty sure I'd bought them for a friend and he just never came to get them. I forgot how ugly its blade shape was and how much of a banana he used to have.

ao56kw.pngrmin15.png

curious to know if you double wrap your blade with tape or just a single layer? i used my stick for the first time last night and it was single wrapped and it was pretty beat up by the end of the night. im thinking about double wrapping it or it might be the tape.

Or just wear long pants underneath.

I used to play with a couple guys that wore the full-pant WSI jocks and loved them. I still have a pair of the Puckskin pants in my bag for refereeing.

I used to play with a couple guys that wore the full-pant WSI jocks and loved them. I still have a pair of the Puckskin pants in my bag for refereeing.

I'm currently in the new bauer base layer stuff. The "Elite" model, specifically. EASILY the best jockshort ive ever worn. No straps around the buttcheeks but it doesnt need them because it shapes perfectly. Cup pocket on the inside, too. Maybe I'll try the long legged version (since i normally wear socks almost to my knees anyway).

Also been considering the long sleeve shirt. Seems counter-intuitive, but if its moisture wicking, i almost think the long sleeve would actually be cooler.

I've switched to long sleeve tops as my shoulder pads and elbow pads have become pretty gross to have against my skin. A price I'm willing to pay till I can get new Techniflexes and replace these.

The lighting in my home office sucks, but I've been eyeing the new Bauer Elite bag ever since it was released (also a HUGE fan of the Bauer Elite base layer stuff, mentioned above).

xSqT8l.png

New sticks I got this week. Retail Dynasty 75 flex Gionta, and a pro stock AK27 with Widow blade construction and the shaved heel. It has a tag inside that says "VASYUNOV" and WDM3026. 245 Warrior/INNO flex rating, so around 100 flex regular. The stamp on the back also says "245299136" and "C5." I know that the first numbers relate to the flex, shaft weight, and blade weight. Do the WDM3026 and C5 numbers mean anything specific? The shaft has the super square geometry to it as well. The pictures don't show the curves very well, but in person it's pretty similar to the Gionta, just with more heel in it.

2012-11-30_09-45-34_300.jpg

Gionta on left. AK27 on right.

2012-11-30_09-44-25_778.jpg

Widow blade construction.

2012-11-30_09-46-24_0.jpg

Custom NXGs (Link to my photo sharing flickr page)

Finally got them done. Only had one issue with the final product that was discussed in an earlier thread. After 3 skates I'm very pleased and should've done this sooner.

Got them done at a local shop (chain retailer in Michigan) and had no real complaints as far as the guy who did the fitting. Ideally I would've went with one of the experts here but I couldn't fly out just for a skate fitting. Tough sell to the wife let alone buying $950 skates.

X60 Tongue

LS3 Steel

That Widow has the same shaved heel as my Kovy prostocks...looks like a spittin image:)

Vasyunov (RIP) and Kovalchuk swapped sticks a bit it seems. I've seen him using Kovy's stick and vice versa.

Got an early Christmas present from one of my buddies after I told him I was playing again. I'm really interested in trying out the Z-Bubble's 95 flex, but I couldn't help but get the 7100 ready to go.

post-9-0-27679500-1354315234_thumb.png

post-9-0-95357500-1354315246_thumb.png

Picked this up off Total Hockey's black friday sale, was delivered last night. Been eyeing the Mako since it first surfaced and couldn't pass up on the sale price, can't wait to use it later today.

75 flex/Hall curve/non grip

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

I like the black X:60 tongues on those NXGs.

Does anyone know why Bauer goes with white felt now? It looks dirty after a month of playing 3 or4 times a week.