Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Early Christmas gift to myself. Grabbed them off Pure Hockey's sale last week for $37. Vapor 40 SE 13'' gloves. I have a regular pair of 40s that I got 2 years ago and love them, so I figured I'd grab these and prolong the life of the two pairs. I believe the only differences are the shell, and the palm, not sure what the palm is (if anyone does know help me out), but it is very thin, and stick feel is much better in these gloves compared to the regular 40s, just need to break them in a little bit.

Also, this marks the first piece of gear that I'm not buying for something that needed to be replaced, I think I'm starting to catch the bug.

img03731u.jpg
img03751.jpg
Edited by mgd150

Only the Inno and Trilage shafts came from that shop.

We went to the Play it Again and it was bare too. (I did grab a couple of pairs of the Whalers socks, though). I take it Perani's was the spot. We went there but I couldn't get my jaw off the floor long enough to find my wallet.

Wow, you guys got all your stuff from Pure Hockey sale already? I hate being on the west coast sometimes :(

Peaches pro repair, guy does a great job at glove repalming and modification for reasonable prices check him out.

http://www.peachesprorepair.com/

Peaches is on the road with Portland I believe so his lead time and response time may be not be what you'd like.

Yea dude. Best part about ordering from them. I'll get my orders in two days for regular ground shipping. I usually hit them up first if I'm looking for something and will buy from them over say Ice Warehouse even though the shipping might not be free, but it'll get to me faster...

Yea dude. Best part about ordering from them. I'll get my orders in two days for regular ground shipping. I usually hit them up first if I'm looking for something and will buy from them over say Ice Warehouse even though the shipping might not be free, but it'll get to me faster...

The nice thing about being in CA - IW is free overnight shipping :)

I really shouldn't have got these, but they were so cheap on ebay. :rolleyes:

$%28KGrHqFHJC8FCbJLCPu5BQuHNYr20!~~60_12$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjbvBQuHOJvZGw~~60_12.J

(These are the ebay photos)

I always regretted getting rid of my HG1s. Even though these are 15s they still feel pretty good.

Edited by number21

I'd say a lot depends on where they were made; Canada or Philippines. Believe it or not, the HGP's made in the Philippines had a far better feel than the Canadian made glove.

Those gloves aren't 15". They are the true 14 1/2" that the HG1s were, as they use the same patterns and dies.

The inner tags have a scan code sticker that says HG1-FLA which I was happy to see.

Printed on one tag was Made by Saw Sports Inc. The only "made in" I can find is the hand crafted in canada on the side.

Saw didn't make all that many pairs for TPS; a couple of hundred tops. They eventually used those same patterns and dies to make Easton gloves for both Robitaille and Tkachuk, both guys having switched to Easton at the time. Perfect example of how using the same patterns and dies doesn't always equate to a similar feel.

Shortly after that, Easton purchased Saw Sports, and Guy still runs the factory there.

IMPO, the HGPs made in the Philippines had a better feel to them as they made them to more of the HGT/R8 feel, yet, still with the nice HG1 feel. The Saw fingers were really stiff and the palm almost felt too small for the glove it was going into (I still have a pair).

If you don't want them, mack might... :wink:

Thanks for all the great info!

Nexus to one80, I am thinking about doing the samething myself. Plus they are lighter too.

Admittedly I didn't wait for my LHS to get the nexus pads in and I pulled the trigger and ordered them online. No matter how i strapped them or taped them they where too deep. Tried these on this time and really liked them. I just hope the nexus sell.

Edited by strosedefence34