Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Generally a jock and garter user, very excited when this came special delivery from Sweden.

IMG_0806_zps980d0550.jpg

I tried one of these for one game. Hated the feel. Like it was digging into my thighs the entire game. Moved to a new Bauer short w/ shock doctor cup and couldn't be happier.

There are rules against that?

most officials associations require refs to wear skates that are all black or predominantly black, especially if you want to move up within the organization and do higher level games. refs are also strongly encouraged to have plain white (no dots at all) laces.

I tried one of these for one game. Hated the feel. Like it was digging into my thighs the entire game. Moved to a new Bauer short w/ shock doctor cup and couldn't be happier.

and sold the 10k to me and I love it. No issue with the plastic or the elastic so far. Wish the actual cup was much larger :wink:

most officials associations require refs to wear skates that are all black or predominantly black, especially if you want to move up within the organization and do higher level games. refs are also strongly encouraged to have plain white (no dots at all) laces.

Yep, If you think that players in some leagues go overboard with having to wear the right brand or model of gear, you would be amazed at how stupid some of the referees are. It doesn't matter what fits, it only matters what they think you should wear. Around here, it used to be Graf skates and painting over the logos. Now it's Bauer Supreme skates and electrical tape over the logos. I can see how a logo on your helmet can cause you to miss calls or cloud your judgement. "A bunch of NHL guys switched to Stevens pants?" Well, if you want to do anything higher than junior high, you better spend $200 on the latest greatest padded pants on the market.

There are rules against that?

yes, my supervisor/scheduler did not want me wearing the white reeboks, so I had to give them up... was a sad day, but had to do it to keep my job haha

as others said, all white laces are a must for me as well.

in terms of Chadd's comments, luckily I am free to wear whatever brands I wish and the logo thing isn't a huge issue. I have a pro stock black V08 that I use with just the CCM logo on the front... ironically I have a CCM sweater and pants as well... Bauer skates though... I do know in some leagues certain helmets/visors are required and/or uniform type/brands.

Edited by CAPS10

and sold the 10k to me and I love it. No issue with the plastic or the elastic so far. Wish the actual cup was much larger :wink:

It's nice that it's wider than the skinny little inserts you get with a lot of the shorts. I like the 10K better than anything else I've tried over the almost 50 years since I started playing. I have the one without the garters. I'm not big on multi-function stuff, and I use the velcro on compression shorts to hold up my socks.

It's nice that it's wider than the skinny little inserts you get with a lot of the shorts. I like the 10K better than anything else I've tried over the almost 50 years since I started playing. I have the one without the garters. I'm not big on multi-function stuff, and I use the velcro on compression shorts to hold up my socks.

I use an old Itech boxer sort type under the Jofa/Reebok cup. I cut out the cup out of the Itech after one of the straps came undone. Works like a charm. Comfortable. I did not like the Jofa/Reebok cup as much on bare skin with a garter.

Couldn't be more excited about these mitts! My black/red 4-rolls are my all time favorite gloves so to pick up a pair in my favorite teams (while they are killing me!) colors is just the best. 2013-02-13121535_zpsb9ab3f6b.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks! The pic really doesn't even do them justice, the colors are just so vibrant in person. I tried to capture them in natural light but I just need a better camera. Anyway, I love them so much. Can't wait for my next trip to the Island, need a pair of Shells to go with!

regret having to sell my white 11ks... if only referee's could wear white skates.

FWIW,

I reffed in white skates for 2 years. If you don't have any problem with wanting to move up the ranks and do things like college etc, it doesn't really matter. Let your officiating to the talking.

Bought this on Ebay yesterday for $48. I know it's been repaired but I have used a few broken twigs and I dont mind them after! Can't wait to get it.

t2ec16fyke9s7twlgbreueh.jpg

Edited by highslot84

Bought this on Ebay yesterday for $48. I know it's been repaired but I have used a few broken twigs and I dont mind them after! Can't wait to get it.

not to shoot you down or anything, I'm just giving fair warning...... those "repaired" twigs... personally... I've seen last max 2 games. I hope yours lasts longer though!

not to shoot you down or anything, I'm just giving fair warning...... those "repaired" twigs... personally... I've seen last max 2 games. I hope yours lasts longer though!

I have had two different prostocks repaired and last but they've broke in completely different spots. Maybe I've just been lucky.