Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Great stick. What stick currently on the market would have the closest flex profile to the T-flex? Just curious...

Any of Easton's tapered shafts over the years are essentially alike.

The T-flex was merely lengthened and turned into the Synthesis, Synergy II, EQ50, and whatever other tapered shafts they produced after that. The construction of the Mako or Mako II may have changed, but pretty much anything with the compression molded graphite shaft and kevlar wrap is the same as the T-flex.

Any of Easton's tapered shafts over the years are essentially alike.

The T-flex was merely lengthened and turned into the Synthesis, Synergy II, EQ50, and whatever other tapered shafts they produced after that. The construction of the Mako or Mako II may have changed, but pretty much anything with the compression molded graphite shaft and kevlar wrap is the same as the T-flex.

it's probably entirely mental, but I always thought I got a little more whip out of the long hosel wood blades than the lower connection blades that followed the T flex

• Like 1

For me it was the clear coat Easton had on their shafts. When they stopped putting it on their shafts around the Synthesis and gold ULs they never felt the same.

Yeah, I loved the clear coat. I just bought my first Easton shaft in years and I'm not to happy with the matte finish. So many sticks are grip now. They just feel like my roommates used them for dinner and washed them as they usually do, leaving that protective film on them.

it's probably entirely mental, but I always thought I got a little more whip out of the long hosel wood blades than the lower connection blades that followed the T flex

Maybe it's not all mental--if the combined taper zone was longer because of the long hosel, that would make sense that there was more whip. Did they compensate by lengthening the taper zone on the shaft once they went to the shorter hosel blades?

Edited by flip12

For me it was the clear coat Easton had on their shafts. When they stopped putting it on their shafts around the Synthesis and gold ULs they never felt the same.

The original Mako Tapered shaft has the closest grip to the old clear coat from the Gold Easton Synergy days. Easton went nuts with the Mako II shaft on the grip version, but luckily I don't mind it.

And Mack, if those 'Metal Matrix' Hull Z-Bubbles go up for adoption, please hit me up. I have a good home & an Easton Hull Composite blade just waiting for one.

And I love how you threw in 'Metal Matrix', what year is it, 2001 & we're still on the Easton Message board or corebeam?

The original Mako Tapered shaft has the closest grip to the old clear coat from the Gold Easton Synergy days. Easton went nuts with the Mako II shaft on the grip version, but luckily I don't mind it.

And Mack, if those 'Metal Matrix' Hull Z-Bubbles go up for adoption, please hit me up. I have a good home & an Easton Hull Composite blade just waiting for one.

And I love how you threw in 'Metal Matrix', what year is it, 2001 & we're still on the Easton Message board or corebeam?

I was on both of those boards as well, but had forgotten the name of the latter completely! Fun times.

SE16's painted as RS2's. Got a nice curve on it. Square blade, somewhat closed heel. Pretty close to a retail Heatley. Taller blade than I'd like, but beggars can't be choosers.

599519_10151458650128527_900935912_n.jpg

Edited by Krev

Old's cool:

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

New Old Stock Mission Amp Flyweight S, vintage 2000.

I missed the cut of Mission's old boots with the three vertical eyelets--I rolled around in some Proto V's for years until the toe box on one boot split open. These are sweet. I love the look, the materials feel great, the tongue is incredibly plush and they're stiff down low yet very pliable up top. Can't wait to try them out. I'm just a little bummed the pitch3's on my old, unused s400's (size 11 / 46) are 288 and these notoriously bad holders are 280, but the boot fit's better in the Flyweight. Maybe I'll put CXN's on when I can.

I know Mission used to say skate size = boot size, but that only works for me if I look at the European size, where I'm usually a 45. This 45 Mission as a 10 comes nowhere near my shoe size, where I can go down to an 11 if I ignore advice about room for the toes, but then that's likely due to all of that manufacturer inconsistency.

I wish Bauer would release a skate with the Purefly/Flyweight supplefit? concept. They were a bit heavy relative to today's standards but my god were they comfortable.

I wish Bauer would release a skate with the Purefly/Flyweight supplefit? concept. They were a bit heavy relative to today's standards but my god were they comfortable.

How close is Nexus to that?

Edited by AIREAYE

Unless your foot is shaped like the Titanic I find the Nexus is too wide all around, especially in the heel. The Mission skates also allowed for way more range of motion in the top 3 eyelets.

• Like 2

I'm going to get them baked at West Side Skate and Stick, but already they feel pretty nice. They remind me a lot of the Vapor 8's, just much more forgiving. That Vapor 8 tongue was crap. I remember cutting a bit off it or something. These things make me want to skate barefoot, which I usually don't do. I'd like to see how these compare in weight to the non-Bauer high end skates today. With a different holder setup, these seem like they could be quite competitive; the "driveshaft" feels massive, pulling the center of gravity to itself noticeably in my hand.

I could go for a Supreme skate cut lower, with that suppleness built in...maybe I'll end up with one of Graf's imitative skates (G3 or 75 ultra, 9035 or something). I always look at their skates and wonder how much weight they build into those rather bulky outsoles. It seems they can't or just haven't been able to make the jump to lower profiles there, and no one else is even close to that traditional of a build in that area.

So I just got a face lift on my trusty CCM CL skates as my E- Pro holders had seen better days.

Here are some pictures of the new modification:

ccmprofil.jpg

ccm4.jpg

ccmunder1.jpg

ccmunderneath2.jpg

ccm6.jpg

ccm3.jpg

As you might see, I have already used the skates a few times, and Im absolutely in love with these holders. You really feel the difference from the E pro's especially considering the height and the new fushion blades (that Im happy with, although I have not used the skates for a long period of time as of yet)

The skates are a size 8 and so are the holders, I was debating wether to go with a size 9 or 8.. But Im very pleased with the result. The skate is a lot lighter and feel kinda like a brand new pair of skates (maybe the new laces did the trick haha ).

• Like 1

IMG_1172_zps9b79b6ba.jpg

Solid haul from the Admirals garage sale.

Damn, that looks like a bigger haul than the winterfest road trip