Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

can someone explain to me, why you would need 4x girdles that look give or take the same vintage/model...

I understand people upgrade gear at times ie i have an older pair of pants that i dont use as i got new ones that fit better...

But 4 pairs?

(not in regards to consumables such as blades/sticks etc)

can someone explain to me, why you would need 4x girdles that look give or take the same vintage/model...

I understand people upgrade gear at times ie i have an older pair of pants that i dont use as i got new ones that fit better...

But 4 pairs?

(not in regards to consumables such as blades/sticks etc)

Most team sales sell everything really cheap, so people go to them and buy lots of stuff and then resell. Girdles probably cost him under $50 a piece and you can resell for $100-$200 depending on condition.

i was more trying to highlight the fact that on one hand, everyone whinges that when they go to pro team sales, there is nothing left because the first few people came and bought all that they could carry regardless of if for private use etc.

Then on the other hand we celebrate people who have 4 girdles which cant possibly be for personal use.

i was more trying to highlight the fact that on one hand, everyone whinges that when they go to pro team sales, there is nothing left because the first few people came and bought all that they could carry regardless of if for private use etc.

Then on the other hand we celebrate people who have 4 girdles which cant possibly be for personal use.

We whine when the people who do that are not apart of our communities :). If they are apart of it, good job to them.

:)

You make it seem like its a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. Obviously he was able to pick up a few girdles. It's not a big deal. He's offering them back to people who weren't able to get them at the sale themselves. Kudos to Buzz for that.

It's not like Buzz is a horrible guy who jacks up the price to insane levels like you find on eBay. I'm also guessing there wasn't a large disappointed crowd at the Ads sale.

Through my job, I was able to get my hands on this weapon five months before expected release!

IMG_1357_zps8a96c01d.jpg

Close up of the logo

IMG_1346_zps97dbd4e6.jpg

Name on the shaft

IMG_1350_zpse6f99159.jpg

Specs: Right handed Backstrom P92, 87 flex. Cut it down about two and a half inches.

IMG_1363_zps350030f4.jpg

Can't wait to step out on the ice and try it out

Edited by ParkerKeeland

Through my job, I was able to get my hands on this weapon five months before expected release!

Close up of the logo

Name on the shaft

Specs: Right handed Backstrom P92, 87 flex. Cut it down about two and a half inches.

Can't wait to step out on the ice and try it out

I can't wait until pro stocks of these start popping up. I've been wanting to try an APX but decided to hold off for this guy.

Hey gang...it's been a while. Had to show off this find. Found these during my rounds of the local PIAS. They were sold as used although they are clearly new, even unsharpened. Just happen to me my size. Since the hockey knowledge base isn't real deep here in Cincinnati they were marked $49.99. I traded in a couple helmets I don't use and left with them for less than $27. I have a bunch of white LS2's laying around so I'll be swapping the black ones out.

IMG_8379.jpg

You got one100 limited editions for 50 bucks new??? What the heck, i dont even wear bauers but i would buy them at that price just to hang on my wall or sell haha

Hey gang...it's been a while. Had to show off this find. Found these during my rounds of the local PIAS. They were sold as used although they are clearly new, even unsharpened. Just happen to me my size. Since the hockey knowledge base isn't real deep here in Cincinnati they were marked $49.99. I traded in a couple helmets I don't use and left with them for less than $27. I have a bunch of white LS2's laying around so I'll be swapping the black ones out.

Amazing find. I'd just leave the black holders on myself, but they are your skates.

You got one100 limited editions for 50 bucks new??? What the heck, i dont even wear bauers but i would buy them at that price just to hang on my wall or sell haha

When I saw them I noticed the tag had "10.5" hand written on it. I thought to myself "ah some rich guy bought his first pair of hockey skates in his shoe size without being fitted". My next thought was "oh well I'll find them a home on modsquad." Then I looked at the tag on the skate and they're 9's....just like my one90's that happen to be on their last leg. Great success.

If you're Jaromir Jagr then yeah. If not, you'll get so chirped 24/7.

Nice steal man. PIAS is hilarious for steals.

For the most part I like to blend in so it's white holders for me. To each his own though eh.

When I saw them I noticed the tag had "10.5" hand written on it. I thought to myself "ah some rich guy bought his first pair of hockey skates in his shoe size without being fitted". My next thought was "oh well I'll find them a home on modsquad." Then I looked at the tag on the skate and they're 9's....just like my one90's that happen to be on their last leg. Great success.

For the most part I like to blend in so it's white holders for me. To each his own though eh.

I'd love to see a photo of them when you get the white Tuuks installed, if you don't mind. I'm a bit of a skate-ophile and those things are beauts.

I'd love to see a photo of them when you get the white Tuuks installed, if you don't mind. I'm a bit of a skate-ophile and those things are beauts.

Will do. Should have them baked and holders swapped out by the end of this month. That leaves a couple months to break them in before beer league starts back up. I'm only playing roller this summer.

It wasn't that long ago when white holders made you stand out.

• Like 1

I can't wait until pro stocks of these start popping up. I've been wanting to try an APX but decided to hold off for this guy.

I've gotten a couple ice times under my belt with it, and I'm liking it so far. It's basically just an upgraded APX. They haven't added anything really new, but it's more responsive, pops a little better, and a hell of a lot better. I haven't noticed a tonne different in my shot, but my passes rocket of my blade now. I'm not sure who you'd get a pro stock from, they aren't that common in the show quite yet.

I've gotten a couple ice times under my belt with it, and I'm liking it so far. It's basically just an upgraded APX. They haven't added anything really new, but it's more responsive, pops a little better, and a hell of a lot better. I haven't noticed a tonne different in my shot, but my passes rocket of my blade now. I'm not sure who you'd get a pro stock from, they aren't that common in the show quite yet.

I already know I'll be waiting a bit. Plus, I'm sure people with charge an arm and a leg as well when they first start popping up.

If you're Jaromir Jagr then yeah. If not, you'll get so chirped 24/7.

Do people actually care about being chirped? I can't imagine letting something like that be a factor in my decisions.

Do people actually care about being chirped? I can't imagine letting something like that be a factor in my decisions.

Someone made fun of me because of the Mako's, chirping me because of the cost. The best part was his defensive partner was wearing them too. I got a kick out of that.