Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

No, G75 and G75 Lite come with the Texalite (clear plastic) outsole. I was only able to get the CF outsole because Graf previously used it on their Ultra G series skates, and they still offer it as a custom option. The rest of the boot materials are the same with the exception of the black microfiber (synthetic leather), where I chose a matte finish instead of a smooth finish.

what are the major differences between the Texalite and the CF?

Picked up a pair of virtually unworn 07/08 reebok 9k skates on ebay for £30.eThe previous owner has seen fit to black out the skates which doesn't bother me except the holders have been sprayed black.... Is there anything I can use to strip the runners withoit damaging the plastic?

20130801_211940_zpsb374f73f.jpg

20130803_182542_zps3b03d516.jpg

• Like 1

After 3 years, I've finally managed to put together my Team China set, starting with the personalized IIHF jersey!

bemn.jpg

Featuring :

Bauer 5100 combo (modified, you can see the Poron in the back)

IIHF Winter Olympics jersey

Nike Olympic pants (Frankensteined with RYR 6000 uppers)

Calgary third socks

Calgary third X:60 Pro gloves (Bouma)

Huge shout out goes to LawGoalie for helping me find the pants and gloves.

The pants, helmet and gloves made their debut at SummerJam this year.

Can't get over how perfect the socks are for that set. Great stuff man.

Can't get over how perfect the socks are for that set. Great stuff man.

Thanks dude!

I believe the international teams wear Nike socks (Swift or whatever they're called; I'd appreciate a correction if needed) with just one yellow and one white stripe. The U18s in this picture only have red shells and red gloves :

http://thehockeyhouse.net/2012-world-championships/china-wins-2013-iihf-u18-division-iii-group-a-world-championship/

My impression is that my jersey design was solely used in the 2010 games :

http://canadaalive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/womens_ice_hockey_22410.jpg

http://english.cis-sic.ca/sports/wice/2009-10/releases/20100203-2813

And that the current iteration has the association logo on the front instead : http://www.iihf.com/de/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/recap/7317.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=10&cHash=e5b8bf7fdb

All in all though, considering the pants and gloves, I think I did a better job color matching than the actual teams! :rolleyes:

what are the major differences between the Texalite and the CF?

The major difference is the cost to manufacture. In a high end Graf skate the outsole's main purpose is not structural. It is to transfer energy in the most efficient way possible and to provide a good mounting surface for the holder. If you've taken out the footbed of a G-Series skate you will see the what Graf calls the "V2 Carboframe". Essentially its a 100% carbon fiber rib that runs the length of the skate, giving it structural rigidity. With this incorporated into the insole, it's unnecessary to use composite in the outsole. The Texalite provides a hard, light-weight mounting surface that will transfer a high percentage of energy.

Skate manufacturers have pounded into the minds of consumers that "composite" is the absolute best material. But, composite is a very loose term. Carbon fiber is composite, Kevlar is composite, fiberglass is composite, anything that incorporates the joining of 2 materials is a composite. In most cases it is a fiber and a resin (which is plastic). Most of my customers are surprised when I tell them that their $800 skates(most of them) do not, in fact, have a single ounce of carbon fiber in them. They assume they do because they saw the word "composite" in a description somewhere.

Nice little haul from the weekend sales:

CCM RBZ 80s

Bauer Nexus 1000 stick

CCM U+CL shins

Bauer 4 Roll PROs in U of N.Dakota colorway

+ free RBZ hat

gear1_zpscdec293c.jpg

Friend of mine got a haul from U. Minn. and Minn. St.....I snagged these beauties from him!

Consider me jealous... If you don't mind my asking, how much did they run you?

Friend of mine got a haul from U. Minn. and Minn. St.....I snagged these beauties from him!

Are those all P10? If so I would've killed for those a couple years back when I still used that curve, especially in 77 flex!

Thought everyone could use a laugh... Built these for a huge Swedish guy.

travesty_zpsfc599bf3.jpg

But...why? :wacko: lol

Used to play with a guy for a couple years who skated on quads on Tour boots...he was the most awful skater I'd ever seen and I had no idea how he didn't end up flat on his face every shift...he FINALLY upgraded to normal skates last session

Haven't posted my new pick ups in a while, I really am a gear whore

Iserlohn Roosters Bronze Helmet, Pink CCM bucket for a charity tournament, Team Ireland IIHF Short Covers, Belfast Giants Short Covers, Montreal Fire Department Cover Shorts (obtained from team during WPFG in Belfast), Paul Bissonnette Warrior gloves, Bauer Apx Pro gloves (red and yellows), Belfast Giants team tracksuit and pro CCM U+CL with Double White Felt Tongues and brand new steel from a Belfast Giants player

c404.jpg

summer_13_gear.jpg

Haven't posted on here in a while, here's the stuff I've picked up over the course of the summer. Bauer 7500 with Bauer pro clip straight visor, Ben Lovejoy pro stock Penguins gloves, Mikael Frolik RSII (S19 repaint), and yesterday's impulse buy, Pro stock APX skates. No name or markings on them, TSR had a stash of them selling as pro stock, only differences I've noticed from retail are the liner, 7.0 tongue and LS3 steel.

29epwty.jpg

wcmib9.jpg

2dklevk.jpg

Is that tactile texture on the Nexus? If it is drooooool.

I have that on two NXG and one APX pro stock from the Yale team. Nexus is my favorite of the Bauer line and I would love to get my hands on a Nexus with the tactile texture in either the P88, P92 or P14 up to an 87 flex....at a pro stock price.

No jerseys yet, will be getting fitted for the team I play for and ought to have them in the next couple of months. We are red and black, and thus the gear will all match (since I am an MSH'er, I must match, right? HAHA)

h4e8.jpg
6gaz.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Switched up some current gear quite a bit the last few months.

Currently going with:

Helmet: Easton Stealth S19 Z-Shock

Shoulder: Reebok 5K

Elbow: Reebok 7K

Gloves: Bauer 4 Roll Pro, Bauer Vapor X7.0

Pants: Bauer Supreme One80

Shins: Easton Mako M5

Skates: Bauer Vapor X7.0

9481160333_beff5cee4b_z.jpg

Sticks:

2 Pro stock (from Yale University) Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG

Pro stock (also from Yale) Bauer Vapor APX

9483951838_eacd35f1b8_z.jpg

When I was determining my equipment, the one aspect of the CCM CL Shoulder Pad that I did not like was that it does not come down very far. Everything else (protection, lightness, lack of moisture absorption), I liked, so I am now using these pads. I asked the good people at IceWarehouse, if they could find me a spare bellyguard, and throw it in (thank you IW Team-Chase!!). To attach the bellyguard, I just put 2 pieces of velcro on top of the U Foam at the bottom of the chest plate, and here we are. Let's see if it holds. I skate Sunday/Tuesday (but not tonite), so we will know in a month or so if it is holding up:

3ki8.jpg
Edited by Cosmic