Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Nice little haul from the weekend sales:

CCM RBZ 80s

Bauer Nexus 1000 stick

CCM U+CL shins

Bauer 4 Roll PROs in U of N.Dakota colorway

+ free RBZ hat

gear1_zpscdec293c.jpg

Nice mitts and Nexus. Probably the only Bauer stick I'd want to have. Do your CL shins happen to making rattling noise in the knee cap when you shake them? Seems to be a reoccurring event with these shins, personally I'm a little chocked, hopefully mine will be replaced under warranty.

Nice mitts and Nexus. Probably the only Bauer stick I'd want to have. Do your CL shins happen to making rattling noise in the knee cap when you shake them? Seems to be a reoccurring event with these shins, personally I'm a little chocked, hopefully mine will be replaced under warranty.

I haven't noticed that yet, but I did see the thread about that just recently. Kind of a bummer, hopefully they get you taken care of! They seem to be great pads.

Looks good! I wear the same shoulder pads and took a slap shot right above the belly button. Had a nice bruise! There's only about an inch or two between my pants and the chest protector but the puck found it. Always does!

i wonder if those sticks are really better than say...5 years ago... if the V9 series definitely better than the S19/SE16?

is the total one nxg really better than the one95 or the original T1?

i see reebok and ccm as being the ones who made the biggest improvements in sticks over the last 5 years, but thats mostly due to the fact that they were behind so they had more room for improvement than Bauer or Easton.

i wonder if those sticks are really better than say...5 years ago... if the V9 series definitely better than the S19/SE16?

is the total one nxg really better than the one95 or the original T1?

i see reebok and ccm as being the ones who made the biggest improvements in sticks over the last 5 years, but thats mostly due to the fact that they were behind so they had more room for improvement than Bauer or Easton.

I was debating this yesterday actually. I tried out a v9 and really wasn't that impressed because I found it played the same as my old se16s

I was debating this yesterday actually. I tried out a v9 and really wasn't that impressed because I found it played the same as my old se16s

I've heard a few people compare the V9 to the SE16. I found that the puck feel was the best part about the SE16, do you think that that's similar between the two?

Yeah, the aesthetics are my only real complaint. I'm still waiting for the V9E with white graphics I bought to show up. Excited for that one.

speaking of being excited, my first pair of warrior gloves showed up today. Tough decision since im not really a hab fan but I love their layout.

2w3ouow.png

Yeah, the aesthetics are my only real complaint. I'm still waiting for the V9E with white graphics I bought to show up. Excited for that one.

Be sure to post that one for sure.

I've heard a few people compare the V9 to the SE16. I found that the puck feel was the best part about the SE16, do you think that that's similar between the two?

The puck feel, the balance, the way the stick flexed when I shot and passed was all very similar.

• Like 1

I still disagree with you ibeck, granted my stick was pro stock I found that it flexed similar, though kicked harder and love the puck feel on my V9

Bauer Vapor X7.0 special edition gloves paired with my team's jersey. Always tough finding teal in retail glove colorways. Never had white gloves before but I like the model (have a pair in the retail all black too).

9518277619_9df87230b2_z.jpg

Bauer Vapor X7.0 special edition gloves paired with my team's jersey. Always tough finding teal in retail glove colorways. Never had white gloves before but I like the model (have a pair in the retail all black too).

9518277619_9df87230b2_z.jpg

I don't think I'd ever have the balls to wear white gloves on the ice, but those are HOT. I'm a sucker for teal.

I don't think I'd ever have the balls to wear white gloves on the ice, but those are HOT. I'm a sucker for teal.

Ha, yeah I haven't played with em yet. Just got them today but getting anything with teal on a stock model is so rare. Helps that they're in a model of glove I already own and like.

Ha, yeah I haven't played with em yet. Just got them today but getting anything with teal on a stock model is so rare. Helps that they're in a model of glove I already own and like.

I'm jealous. I only play beer league, so white gloves aren't really a big deal. I just have bricks for hands :P

Still owe a better pic of the one100's I picked up a little while back post holder swap but I took this last night. My one90's are now the back up's with the 7000's and Comps relegated to curio status. All but the one90’s were picked up at local PIAS in nearly new condition over the last 5 years.

IMG_1801.jpeg

• Like 2

I still disagree with you ibeck, granted my stick was pro stock I found that it flexed similar, though kicked harder and love the puck feel on my V9

To each his own!

Here are 3 of my Bauer 5100 helmets that I've customized over the past couple of years. This was born out of necessity as no retail helmet even comes remotely close to fitting my head. All are size Large.

#1 :

vzxd.th.jpg

This first one was my first crack at doing this, and as you can see, the foams are rather haphazardly glued onto areas where I felt should be taken up and the cuts are messy and jagged. I removed the donut of black harder VN from the parietal part of the helmet as well as the pieces of Hex-Sorb blue foam. I then layered up the occipital area (back of head, as seen) to create my own lock there.

#2 :

mmc0.th.jpg

My second go at it allowed me to use some of my Poron sheet samples (I love this stuff) in place of the cannabalized VN as I did with #1. The grey softer VN parietal donuts were removed this time with equal effectiveness/fit. I added/velcroed on a piece of sweatband on the front crown of the helmet to augment fit as well as to absorb sweat. Works amazingly!

This is the helmet that I've been using everytime. The Poron has softened up a bit with use (and I assume lost some of its protective value) and the occasional dab of glue gun glue keeps it all together. Again though, cuts were still rough.

#3 :

nupx.th.jpg

This is my best one so far and most recent. After finding the Poron easy to use and comfortable to wear, I decided to use more of it in key areas. The occipital layers are much neater and sandwhich the previously exposed blue Hex-Sorb between the VN and Poron. That front wide sheet extends all the way to the top of the. The dual layer VN parietal donuts were removed in favor of Poron which I traced and cut.

Cuts were much neater this time thanks to a simple tricked I learned through trial-and-error, which is to leave the sheets/pieces of foam you want to cut in the freezer for a couple of minutes to harden them up. Much straighter and easier cuts with the exactoknife this time.

Here are 3 of my Bauer 5100 helmets that I've customized over the past couple of years. This was born out of necessity as no retail helmet even comes remotely close to fitting my head. All are size Large.

#1 :

vzxd.th.jpg

This first one was my first crack at doing this, and as you can see, the foams are rather haphazardly glued onto areas where I felt should be taken up and the cuts are messy and jagged. I removed the donut of black harder VN from the parietal part of the helmet as well as the pieces of Hex-Sorb blue foam. I then layered up the occipital area (back of head, as seen) to create my own lock there.

#2 :

mmc0.th.jpg

My second go at it allowed me to use some of my Poron sheet samples (I love this stuff) in place of the cannabalized VN as I did with #1. The grey softer VN parietal donuts were removed this time with equal effectiveness/fit. I added/velcroed on a piece of sweatband on the front crown of the helmet to augment fit as well as to absorb sweat. Works amazingly!

This is the helmet that I've been using everytime. The Poron has softened up a bit with use (and I assume lost some of its protective value) and the occasional dab of glue gun glue keeps it all together. Again though, cuts were still rough.

#3 :

nupx.th.jpg

This is my best one so far and most recent. After finding the Poron easy to use and comfortable to wear, I decided to use more of it in key areas. The occipital layers are much neater and sandwhich the previously exposed blue Hex-Sorb between the VN and Poron. That front wide sheet extends all the way to the top of the. The dual layer VN parietal donuts were removed in favor of Poron which I traced and cut.

Cuts were much neater this time thanks to a simple tricked I learned through trial-and-error, which is to leave the sheets/pieces of foam you want to cut in the freezer for a couple of minutes to harden them up. Much straighter and easier cuts with the exactoknife this time.

Where'd you get the Poron foam? I'd love to get my hands on some; the girlfriend's helmet doesn't fit her head properly, some additional foam would be great. Also, any tips on removing foam? The sides are a little tight for her, while the front and back are too long.