Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Got a Sher-wood EK15. Haven't been this excited about a Sher-wood stick since the 5030 I bought entirely with Canadian Tire money.

Got a Sher-wood EK15. Haven't been this excited about a Sher-wood stick since the 5030 I bought entirely with Canadian Tire money.

Nice. I picked one up in the store, almost bought it, but decided to snag the last RH T90 Undercover Slimfit 70flex they had left, figuring I can always get an EK15 later :)

Picked up a pair of Magnus Paajarvi warriors at the Oilers mini-locker room sale. One painted like the Widow LE from last year and one done as a Covert DT1. The only markings are 275 F3 on the back, which I assume makes them about an 85 flex. Checkerboard texture, light grip and sand paper finish on the blade. Going to take one of them out for a spin tonight. Is this a version of the Kovalchuk pro curve?

1397907_10151767126536769_1194380094_o.j

Picked up a pair of Magnus Paajarvi warriors at the Oilers mini-locker room sale. One painted like the Widow LE from last year and one done as a Covert DT1. The only markings are 275 F3 on the back, which I assume makes them about an 85 flex. Checkerboard texture, light grip and sand paper finish on the blade. Going to take one of them out for a spin tonight. Is this a version of the Kovalchuk pro curve?

1397907_10151767126536769_1194380094_o.j

Awesome buy. The widow LE is the best looking stick in my opinion.

Is this a version of the Kovalchuk pro curve?

Ehh.. it looks a little less severe than his curve. Although he has so many versions floating around it's tough to compare anymore.

New shins: Easton Mako

New gloves: Sher-Wood Nexon N6

very nice. Good call going with the Eastons.

I was a bit shocked with them. Went into the store fully expecting to buy CCM CL and ended up not liking them. These were ridiculously comfortable. Like WOW comfortable. And the fact that the knee cap actually bends away from the shin was fantastic for mobility.

I was previously in Nexus1000 which were a nice shape, but man I hated the scratchy liner.

I was a bit shocked with them. Went into the store fully expecting to buy CCM CL and ended up not liking them. These were ridiculously comfortable. Like WOW comfortable. And the fact that the knee cap actually bends away from the shin was fantastic for mobility.

I was previously in Nexus1000 which were a nice shape, but man I hated the scratchy liner.

I was pleasantly surprised as well with this year’s Easton protective line-up. Especially thin shin and elbow pads, they have a really nice fit.

I was pleasantly surprised as well with this year’s Easton protective line-up. Especially thin shin and elbow pads, they have a really nice fit.

I tried the elbows and they weren't for me. I'm still trying to find something to replace the Projekts (discontinued) I wear now. Luckily I bought as many clearance pairs as I could find, so I should be good for a while.

The Easton pro elbow pads for this past year were really solid. Tough to find a medium now, as it's out of stock in most places. I replaced my Projekts with them.

The Easton pro elbow pads for this past year were really solid. Tough to find a medium now, as it's out of stock in most places. I replaced my Projekts with them.

Thanks, Krev. I'll have a look around for those. The new Warrior AX elbows looked similar in construction but were not even remotely the same feeling when actually on.

Edit: Are these the ones youre talking about? http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=EPROEP

Edited by OptimusReim

Yeup, those are them. They were out of stock when I got mine - seems they got more. I recommend them, elbow lock is nice and secure.

Thanks for pointing those Easton elbows out. I've been looking for something new, and I love the RBK 20K, except for the upper piece of the elbow pocket. It's cupped all the way to the top, locking the arm in a bent position. I've thought about modding them, but that would be a pain and unsure work on a pricey pad. These Eastons look similar, but with a floating piece where the top of the elbow cup is.

Thanks, Krev. I'll have a look around for those. The new Warrior AX elbows looked similar in construction but were not even remotely the same feeling when actually on.

Edit: Are these the ones youre talking about? http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=EPROEP

The AX1's are great, they take about 7-8 skates to break in. I went from 7k pros to the ax1s and haven't looked back.

May have to check out the easton. Bummed, my dynasty ax2 sling wrap Velcro is already starting not to stick

That's unfortunate...wonder why... I keep the straps in the same place and just forcefully slide my elbow in everytime I want to put them on, its an old habit but I guess it makes them last longer?..I've also noticed a handful of nhlers using them, mostly from pictures taken at practice where they can pull their sleeves up.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/63597-new-warrior-elbow-pads/page-2

Why don't you guys and gals just repair the straps on your elbows, especially if you like them?

Optimus, you actually stockpile elbows?