Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

He's not the only one. The Projekts are that good. I have my own small stockpile. I picked up some AX1's, but then sold them and just bought another clearance pair of the 2012 Projekts. The AX1's are very nice pads with a great liner and straps and seem to be more protective, but just didn't feel as comfortable and mobile for me as the Projekts. They likely would've felt better had I taken the time to break them in, but the Projekts basically need no break in time and offer all the protection I need for men's league.

Why don't you guys and gals just repair the straps on your elbows, especially if you like them?

Optimus, you actually stockpile elbows?

I do :)

althoma1 is exactly right. I'm on my second pair of Projekts (due to the stitching coming apart in my first pair after I tried to pull them off without undoing the straps) and have two brand new pairs waiting to be used. All the white 2010 model.

I just bought a pair of those Easton Pro elbows to give them a try, since the Projekts are discontinued and I've found nothing even remotely close to being as comfortable. But I'm definitely good for a while.

He's not the only one. The Projekts are that good. I have my own small stockpile. I picked up some AX1's, but then sold them and just bought another clearance pair of the 2012 Projekts. The AX1's are very nice pads with a great liner and straps and seem to be more protective, but just didn't feel as comfortable and mobile for me as the Projekts. They likely would've felt better had I taken the time to break them in, but the Projekts basically need no break in time and offer all the protection I need for men's league.

That was my thought when I tried them. I found them to be bulky, or to be more precise they simply felt like I was actually wearing elbow pads. The projekts you can't even tell you're wearing them. Based on the photos on IW I was expecting them to feel very similar (they sure LOOKED similar), but not. even. close.

Edited by OptimusReim

I'd recommend tracking down some of the 2012 grey and blue Projekts in your size if you can. I used to have the White 2010 pads and yes, they do feel more mobile than the 2012 versions when you first try them on, but are also less protective and the stitches in the middle strap came out for me as well. The 2012 versions feel a little less mobile than the 2010 versions when you first put them on (and the forearm area feels a bit bulky), but are just as mobile in practice, are more protective and I haven't experienced stitching issues with the straps. I did go from a medium in the 2010 versions to a large in the 2012 versions - the 2010 versions fit a bit big and the 2012 versions are more true to size (the fit similar to the same size in most other brands).

Edited by althoma1

I'd recommend tracking down some of the 2012 grey and blue Projekts in your size if you can. I used to have the White 2010 pads and yes, they do feel more mobile than the 2012 versions when you first try them on, but are also less protective and the stitches in the middle strap came out for me as well. The 2012 versions feel a little less mobile than the 2010 versions when you first put them on (and the forearm area feels a bit bulky), but are just as mobile in practice, are more protective and I haven't experienced stitching issues with the straps. I did go from a medium in the 2010 versions to a large in the 2012 versions - the 2010 versions fit a bit big and the 2012 versions are more true to size (the fit similar to the same size in most other brands).

I agree, I was a Large in all my other elbow pads and a Medium in the 2010 projekts. I've never tried the 2012 model.

Actually, crap.. I just realized I bought mediums in those easton pros. I guess we'll see when they arrive tomorrow...

Those Grafs are nice, but the Sher-Woods... damn...

Bought the G75's at a local sale, 50% off the regular price tag of 150$. For 75$ it's one hell of a good pair of gloves !!

Won the 9950's on eBay some time ago...I believe it was last year and brand new for 30 something dollars...I was the only bidder :cool:

Zwitter, those missions are amazing.

yeah I love those Mission M-1's...I'm actually collecting that model :smile:

IMG_0298_zpsb04a0a35.jpg

• Like 1

Technically this is a piece of equipment, since it will reside in my hockey bag. I had some tongue scraps laying around so I made a coozie. Features you ask? It has a black matte microfiber "upper", 3/8" white felt padding keeps your beverage of choice cool, all sewn up with a Speedy Stitcher. Eyelets on either side for putting a lace through so you can wear it, and yes... it has a 100% carbon fiber outsole. I'm not saying my coozie is better than yours, but...

cooz1_zpsb57e49cb.jpgcooz2_zps8c54b18d.jpgcooz3_zps4157cf98.jpg

• Like 4

Aw I was the original owner of those TBL M1. I sold them on IW a while back, they still look new.

I still love the interior fit of pro M1s but they feel a little bulky on the outside.

Technically this is a piece of equipment, since it will reside in my hockey bag. I had some tongue scraps laying around so I made a coozie. Features you ask? It has a black matte microfiber "upper", 3/8" white felt padding keeps your beverage of choice cool, all sewn up with a Speedy Stitcher. Eyelets on either side for putting a lace through so you can wear it, and yes... it has a 100% carbon fiber outsole. I'm not saying my coozie is better than yours, but...

You win this thread.

And that gives me an idea for a new thread...

It's almost perfect. Except for the drink in it. Low Sodium beer?

Edited by Amiroo39

Like these ones?

http://www.prohockeylife.com/hockey-elbow-pads-senior-hockey-elbow-pads-c-3_18_72/warrior-projekt-sr-hockey-elbow-pads-p-7536

I was looking into ordering a new pair of elbows.

Some of my more recent stuff. :wink:

IMG_0367_zpse945128c.jpg

Sweet mitts!! Been considering picking up a pair of the G75's for a while but no-where near a hockey shop that stocks them.. What do they fit like and what do you like/dislike about them?

Yes, those are the ones.

Found a pair at Sportchek for $79. Was real close to getting them but they only had a medium. While they fit well on the tightest level, I think they'd loosen up. I think my problem is I seem to be between a small and a medium. Prefer the length of the medium, but tightness of the smalls....

Found a pair at Sportchek for $79. Was real close to getting them but they only had a medium. While they fit well on the tightest level, I think they'd loosen up. I think my problem is I seem to be between a small and a medium. Prefer the length of the medium, but tightness of the smalls....

The very top strap does stretch out and loosen up, but the bicep guard is designed to be loose anyway. The middle and bottom strap haven't stretched out on mine and I've used them for over a year. The clearance price at my local Sport Chek was $69.99...it may scan at that when you take it to the cash as the price tags often aren't updated. Also, you can use a team assist coupon to save another 20%: https://team.sportchek.ca/pages/form.jsp

That's how I picked up one of my backup pairs. You'll either have to sign up for those and wait a few weeks for them to come or find a friend or teammate who has them already.

Edited by althoma1

Ha I have some of those 20% off's. Quit trying to get me to spend money.

I was debating for a bit but they were just literally a smidge too big. If I tightened up the bottom strap all the way, they would move just a bit. I barely even strap the top strap tight on my elbows. They felt nicer than anything in the store though

If you want to try to find them in size small, take the mediums up to someone with a computer (I usually ask someone at the pro shop desk if they aren't busy) and get them to scan them. They should then be able to see what's showing in stock at other stores in the area and can also confirm the price for you.

Sweet mitts!! Been considering picking up a pair of the G75's for a while but no-where near a hockey shop that stocks them.. What do they fit like and what do you like/dislike about them?

Anatomical fit just like the Bauer Supreme series. Very light glove. Thumb angle is different than most gloves and gives you a bigger gap / opening between the thumb and the index finger. Durable materials for the palm. Overall a well constructed pair of gloves.

• Like 1

The old schooler in me misses the days of tan leather hockey gloves. IMO, tan always looked classy. I am a bit too young for them to have been de rigour, but I remember a sporting goods store clearing out tan leather Cooper gloves in the late '80s, so there is a nostalgic value for me. Yes- team colour gloves have been around since probably the '50s or even earlier. Something says classy and throwback when I see tan leather gloves...

None the less- the Tron version of the TPS R10 glove came in brown. But the picture (if it were accurate) didn't portray a cool, tan leather; it just looked like a weird brown. The Reebok 9000 4 roll looked the part. No- they are not leather or even close, but they look like money (at least on my cracked iPad).

Would someone who can upload a pic upload one when I get these? Thanks in advance to whomever can help me; photobucket and iPads don't mix...

Speaking of old school, my Grandpa mailed these to me. Bauer's, about 30 years old he says and skated on them twice. The steel is still sharp, no rust anywhere on the skates. I have no idea what these things are but they're freaking awesome.

1455129_10151818462073527_978168351_n.jp