Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Speaking of old school, my Grandpa mailed these to me. Bauer's, about 30 years old he says and skated on them twice. The steel is still sharp, no rust anywhere on the skates. I have no idea what these things are but they're freaking awesome.

1455129_10151818462073527_978168351_n.jp

30 is about the right age on those. Tuuks were starting to appear, but only on a few models. I can't think of the player's name at the moment, but in the early to mid '80s I remember a bloke on the Rangers who was a tube blade hold out. Cool stuff there!!!!

30 is about the right age on those. Tuuks were starting to appear, but only on a few models. I can't think of the player's name at the moment, but in the early to mid '80s I remember a bloke on the Rangers who was a tube blade hold out. Cool stuff there!!!!

Older.

Tuuks came out in the mid 70s - 1976 I believe. Bauer wasn't using that logo 30 years ago either.

Older.

Tuuks came out in the mid 70s - 1976 I believe. Bauer wasn't using that logo 30 years ago either.

Time gets away from you. Yes, that is probably early to mid '70s logo, dontcha think? The white plastic outsole makes me think 30 years, but the fancy punching makes me think older.

Time gets away from you. Yes, that is probably early to mid '70s logo, dontcha think? The white plastic outsole makes me think 30 years, but the fancy punching makes me think older.

My Super Tacks have the white plastic outsole, and I bought them 2/28/75.

Older.

My Bauer Black Panthers from about 1971 have that Bauer logo, but a leather outsole.

Edited by wrangler

Adding to the stockpile.

xGhNJPPl.png

This is the first pair of the grey/blue model I've had. I don't like it nearly as much as the white model (these are much more bulky, and I don't care for the elbow cap) but still infinitely better than anything else I've managed to find.

You should try the Koncepts. It's like wearing nothing at all but they still provide, IMO, mid to upper-mid level protection. It's the model I'm currently trying to stockpile.

• Like 1

Those 2012 Projekts are a great pickup. Yes, they feel bulkier when you first try them on, but once you play a few games in them they're just as mobile as the 2010 versions and are more protective.

Those 2012 Projekts are a great pickup. Yes, they feel bulkier when you first try them on, but once you play a few games in them they're just as mobile as the 2010 versions and are more protective.

I'll give them a chance, but I'll still keep a lookout for the old version as well :)

Well Christmas came early found a pair of Makos in my size wife agreed to pay for half...whooooo!

I couldn't resist my LHS had V9's on for 20%off had to try the E28 pattern loving it so far

8145D0B5-7280-4791-BA82-9F8D37E76762.jpg

Edited by snipez96

Are the Easton's Brown and Orange...? Or is that just an illusion of the picture?

They're brown and orange. They're sold at the rink the Whalers of the OHL plays at. They have those and new Easton models available. I can't remember the name of the newer style model though.

New Customs (my first pair) just arrived yesterday. Very excited to try them out tomorrow.

Specs listed in custom mitts thread.

13D37F1B-E7EE-4236-8874-1B25B6A6B679_zps

Those cannot be more beautiful. I don't know if its the flash on your camera or not but that red looks a lot like the red of Calgary's jersey vs Red Wings red. Hossa cuff looks good too. Well done.

Seeing the Compuware gloves a few posts ago brought back some memories. Dug these out of the basement from my travel days, ended up using them for a couple seasons. They are pretty beat up,the palms are shot, and smell terrible but they got the job done. Had a pair in Little Caesars colors but have no idea where they went. Used my matching bag until last season until it completely fell apart. (Sorry the photos are a little small)

gx6Pnyts.jpg

LjmV1SUs.jpg

Edited by Hordie Gowe