Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

photo.JPG

I have been stocking up on twigs this holiday season. This is my haul from the last couple of weeks:

Easton Stealth RS II - Mark Streit pro pattern

Warrior Widow - Vanek pattern

Reebok AI9 - Rostislav Olesz pro pattern

Reebok 20K pro tapered shaft

Wasn't sure on where this belonged and these gloves have been posted before, but tonight I got to meet the man himself and get his signature on them.

usyvynaj.jpg

• Like 6

Wasn't sure on where this belonged and these gloves have been posted before, but tonight I got to meet the man himself and get his signature on them.

usyvynaj.jpg

+1

Especially unique since they are a 'new' GX 9500.

Haha-- just found my brother-in-law some Quik-Blades: they'd look even better!

(Speaking of, does anyone know if there's a generic tool to turn the tension nut on the back of these monstrosities? --edit: NM, found a hex socket that works, or, in a pinch, a pair of very small snipping pliers.)

These now exist... whatever these are that I've created. In the words of Dr. (Young) Frankenstein, "He is beautiful... and he is mine...". I really can't wait to get this love/hate relationship on the ice.

frankenskate_zps1652465e.jpg

Oh my. What holders are those?

Carbon Kevlar Razor Bladz off the old Easton Z-Air. Had them laying around so I thought I'd give them a whirl since I assume nobody else has. If they feel like garbage I'll put some LS Edge on them or see how they feel as an inline boot. I'm fortunate enough to have a mad-scientist "skate lab" where I essentially have free reign to do whatever my warped mind desires.

• Like 2

Carbon Kevlar Razor Bladz off the old Easton Z-Air. Had them laying around so I thought I'd give them a whirl since I assume nobody else has. If they feel like garbage I'll put some LS Edge on them or see how they feel as an inline boot. I'm fortunate enough to have a mad-scientist "skate lab" where I essentially have free reign to do whatever my warped mind desires.

It is a warped mind, indeed.

Skated on the VHs with the Carbon/Kevlar Razor Bladz Wednesday night. As expected they were extremely stiff. Boots felt great even though they were a half size bigger than I would like, but still managed to get a good heel lock. Similar stance to the Mako and felt like the boot is cut slightly higher. The holders are stiff and unforgiving, but they were fast. It also helped I cut them at 90/50. So yesterday I took off the Razor Bladz and mounted the Mission Magnesium chassis from my Makos and skated inline on them last night. Felt very quick on my feet. You notice a few different things about a boot when you use them for ice and inline since you change your stride a bit. For me it came in the stiffness of the tendon guard, which I noticed more playing inline. Overall, great boots, lightweight, impressive build quality, and a high degree of thermo-formability.

vhi_zps957b98a1.jpg

• Like 1

Skated on the VHs with the Carbon/Kevlar Razor Bladz Wednesday night. As expected they were extremely stiff. Boots felt great even though they were a half size bigger than I would like, but still managed to get a good heel lock. Similar stance to the Mako and felt like the boot is cut slightly higher. The holders are stiff and unforgiving, but they were fast. It also helped I cut them at 90/50. So yesterday I took off the Razor Bladz and mounted the Mission Magnesium chassis from my Makos and skated inline on them last night. Felt very quick on my feet. You notice a few different things about a boot when you use them for ice and inline since you change your stride a bit. For me it came in the stiffness of the tendon guard, which I noticed more playing inline. Overall, great boots, lightweight, impressive build quality, and a high degree of thermo-formability.

Damn, I wanted to be the first to do this! How was the mount of the Magnesium frame? They look great!

How high are they compared to your Grafs? How do they feel mobility-wise in comparison?

After wearing different iterations of the Bauer Supreme with flexible tendon guards along with the Easton Mako, the fixed/immobile tendon guard is one of my dislikes with the VH.

After wearing different iterations of the Bauer Supreme with flexible tendon guards along with the Easton Mako, the fixed/immobile tendon guard is one of my dislikes with the VH.

Tendon guards should be a part of shin pads, not skates. There would be no more Karlsson injuries then.

Damn, I wanted to be the first to do this! How was the mount of the Magnesium frame? They look great!

It was a pretty easy mount. Profiles of the chassis and boot matched up pretty good. Just needed some thin wedges in the back.

Got myself a few Christmas presents! Retail Easton V9 (85 Flex/E4/Matte) and a pro-stock Kris Letang V9E dressed as a V9 ("C"-85 Flex/Kreps/Matte). Bought the Letang used and used it once myself for shats-and-giggles. Having used Modano/Forsberg clones my whole life, Letang's curve/lie is definitely not my cup of tea but he is one of my favorite players (despite my hatred of the pens) and the stick will be a welcome addition to the game room.

Anyways, enjoy the pics.

photo5_zps474fc07a.jpg

photo4_zpscc91885d.jpg

photo3_zps8d2a164c.jpg

photo2_zps865cd6ef.jpg

photo1_zps1788a6bb.jpg

Edited by Miller8921

How high are they compared to your Grafs? How do they feel mobility-wise in comparison?

Comfort is on par with my G75's, even though they are slightly big. Mobility wasn't quite as good, but the VH is a stiffer boot and they aren't as broken in as my Grafs.

You have the gloves in the gallery AND Show It Off.

Redundant? Especially when they're two pinned topics.

Use the Gallery for the picture, then you can cross-reference in the Custom Glove Q&A thread.

• Like 1

vhi_zps957b98a1.jpg

When you say that the holders are stiff and unforgiving, you are referring to the razor blades that you selected to be the holders, right; and not an aspect of the VHs themselves? Or, did you mean that the soles are stiff and unforgiving?