Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'm in Košice, Slovakia with my girlfriend, visiting her family there for the holidays. Yesterday her grandfather showed me his old skates, not sure of the make or anything but he said they're at least 50 years old. It was my first time seeing ones like these in person, they were in great shape, the steel was still sharp too IMG_6010_zps6d656a66.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in Košice, Slovakia with my girlfriend, visiting her family there for the holidays. Yesterday her grandfather showed me his old skates, not sure of the make or anything but he said they're at least 50 years old. It was my first time seeing ones like these in person, they were in great shape, the steel was still sharp too

Those look like the old Riedell's we had as rentals at the rink I worked at in the 90s.

Re: PS and Optimus, yes Scott installed the Graf holders for me. I've been on Grafs for a long time, and I own 4 pairs of the Velocity Step steel (272) that I had custom profiled and I do sharpen by mail with noicing. I also like the ease at which I can change out the steel on the cobra holders, so I had to wait a little longer, but Scott was able to get the holder installed for me. Test drive tomorrow, excited to see how they feel. Crazy light. I told the mailman they were a pair of skates in the box, he didn't believe me...

• Like 1

Got these in over the holiday. Will be my new gloves for the rest of the seasons. Easily the most comfortable glove Easton has put out in recent years, in my opinion. The RS is a close second in my book.

1526353_10151885583048527_1205673977_n.j

• Like 1

Got these in over the holiday. Will be my new gloves for the rest of the seasons. Easily the most comfortable glove Easton has put out in recent years, in my opinion. The RS is a close second in my

What are they? A 2014 release?

New sticks! Cannot wait to give these both a try later today on the ice. First Warrior sticks & first one piece sticks too!

-The blue one is a Warrior Covert DT3 LT / 85 flex / Henrique curve

-The green one is a Dolomite is a 75 Flex / heel curve (similar to Vanek is how Hockey Monkey had it listed) pro stock Lags stick (I think its from Jamie Langenbrunner, which is awesome).

4o8f1q6l2jd0i8qapa2h.jpg

• Like 1

Lonestar, if you have time, could you take a picture of the Dolomite curve please?

Here is one shot of the heel curve on the Lags Dolomite.

z068j40tdm147otvqlku.jpg

I also propped both the Dolomite & the Covert with the Henrique curve (black tape) up against a door frame for this shot, not sure how helpful it is though...

3s1inc6fff8q90aeauha.jpg

Hope one of those is useful.

Edited by LoneStar77

So I picked this twig up at my LHS, at the recommendation of several PHEW members. It was $49.99 + tax. 65 flex senior, PM9/Modano/Whatever curve, grip. Almost my exact specs, except I usually use 75 or 85, but it does feel more like a 70-75. Doesn't feel like the lightest stick, but it's decently light. Haven't tried it out on the ice yet. Oddly enough, when I took the wooden extension out, it was the perfect length for me (same as my other sticks). Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow morning on the ODR.

1515003_10153632723890507_160154920_n.jp

1487272_10153632724105507_1186786591_n.j

Also picked up some Graf Supra G535s wheels. Skated on them once so far, and they're comfy as hell but the increased forward pitch is hard to get used to. I'll see if I can adapt to it - if not, I may get some Tuuks mounted. I'll throw some pics up soon.

Edited by MrData

So I picked this twig up at my LHS, at the recommendation of several PHEW members. It was $49.99 + tax. 65 flex senior, PM9/Modano/Whatever curve, grip. Almost my exact specs, except I usually use 75 or 85, but it does feel more like a 70-75. Doesn't feel like the lightest stick, but it's decently light. Haven't tried it out on the ice yet. Oddly enough, when I took the wooden extension out, it was the perfect length for me (same as my other sticks). Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow morning on the ODR.

Also picked up some Graf Supra G535s wheels. Skated on them once so far, and they're comfy as hell but the increased forward pitch is hard to get used to. I'll see if I can adapt to it - if not, I may get some Tuuks mounted. I'll throw some pics up soon.

That's fantastic. $50 is a no brainer! Same specs I use.

My new sticks, probably one the most underrated sticks out there, and at 65$ a piece from HM, I stole them considering they used to retail for 250$ in my area.

I am happy that it comes with the 164-1, which cannot be found anymore thanks to CCM changing their curves every time they come out with a new stick line.

jp7za8.jpg