Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Some of my more recent additions:

IMG_0065_zps95e5baf2.jpg

The Tacks I snagged off of eBay brand new. The stick came courtesy of Total Hockey, and it was hard to pass up while they were offering to toss in a $50 gift card to sweeten the deal (for a +$200 purchase, not necessarily for the stick itself).

I have little doubt that I'll regret either of those purchases - being a former Tacks and Supreme user - but I have mixed emotions over the Vapor XXXX Pros. Sadly, what everyone has said about them is true. They don't take impacts too well. Gorgeous gloves, very light and flexible, but in the last 2 months, I've taken slashes in the fingers and thumb and felt them for the first time in my life. The joint in my thumb still smarts from a pass attempt that went a little too high and caught me in the thumb silo from a game on New Year's Eve.

Finally my humble little collection...

F196B140-3EF1-4304-B2D8-B98F599C01E8_zps

Des Moines Buccaneers, New York Islanders, Windsor Spitfires

Kitchener Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs (Kadri), Unknown USHL Team

Connecticut Whale/Vancouver Canucks, Columbus Blue Jackets/Pittsburgh Penguins Third, All Navy CLs

AHL All-Star, Columbus Blue Jackets, Mississauga St. Mikes Majors

Edmonton Oilers, Norfolk Admirals, Carolina Hurricanes

Anaheim Mighty Ducks, Hershey Bears, San Jose Sharks

Ottawa Senators, All Black CLs

FD81398D-36A1-410B-A629-A9EE0FCA14FB_zps

B2C83B6B-2FC5-4582-96AD-1ECD09B08F42_zps

F4E654D9-0215-497F-8CE8-B749A630ADD1_zps

CCM CHL Navy, Reebok Tampa New, Reebok Tampa Old, CCM CHL Black, CCM Blackhawks/Winterhawks, CCM St. Mike's Majors

CCM St. Mike's Majors, Warrior Dallas, CCM Toronto, Reebok Islanders, Reebok Connecticut Whale/Vancouver, Reebok Montreal Cenntenial

Reebok Islanders Third, RBK New York Rangers, Reebok Penguins '08 Classic, CCM Plymouth Whalers, CCM Barrie Colts, CCM PP9KA Black x 2

CCM PP9KA Navy x 2, Warrior Penguins '11 Classic, Reebok Blue Jackets, Warrior Penguins, CCM Regina Pats, CCM Canadiens, Reebok Predators Old

Reebok Sabres Old, CCM CHL Navy, CCM CHL Royal (Not Pictured), CCM Senators (Not Pictured), CCM Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 520 Pants, CCM Kitchener Rangers 520 Pants

B16768ED-8E14-410D-AC4A-AB5F1E8EEDC8_zps

C120824E-53C3-4290-B052-9EC0F28EC19E_zps

White, Royal, Montreal Royal, Midnight Navy, Red, Brown (Bears), Not pictured Black and Navy... all with pro straight small visors.

Recent addition last week:

9AE4D8DC-1F15-4FF1-BA69-D9F382E54067_zps

Broke my loyalty to CCM and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

Bauer Total NXG skates, picked them up from Total Hockey.

First skate I've ever worn skates that didn't hurt my feet, just unreal, feel like a whole new player. I always religiously wore CCM everything since I started playing in 2004.

Edited by Louie
  • Like 4

What size are those pro tacks??

9D. There was also a 6D and a 8D available as well, I believe. Strangely, those got picked off before the 9s which I thought would be the first to go.

And Louie... sweet Christmas, dude. Very impressive, though your lack of a Flames retro third shell makes me sad.

Connecticut Whale/Vancouver Canucks, Columbus Blue Jackets/Pittsburgh Penguins Third, All Navy CLs

CCM CHL Navy, Reebok Tampa New, Reebok Tampa Old, CCM CHL Black, CCM Blackhawks/Winterhawks, CCM St. Mike's Majors

CCM St. Mike's Majors, Warrior Dallas, CCM Toronto, Reebok Islanders, Reebok Connecticut Whale/Vancouver, Reebok Montreal Cenntenial

Reebok Islanders Third, RBK New York Rangers, Reebok Penguins '08 Classic, CCM Plymouth Whalers, CCM Barrie Colts, CCM PP9KA Black x 2

CCM PP9KA Navy x 2, Warrior Penguins '11 Classic, Reebok Blue Jackets, Warrior Penguins, CCM Regina Pats, CCM Canadiens, Reebok Predators Old

Reebok Sabres Old, CCM CHL Navy, CCM CHL Royal (Not Pictured), CCM Senators (Not Pictured), CCM Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 520 Pants, CCM Kitchener Rangers 520 Pants

White, Royal, Montreal Royal, Midnight Navy, Red, Brown (Bears), Not pictured Black and Navy... all with pro straight small visors.

Bauer Total NXG skates NCAA Spec, picked them up from Total Hockey.

First skate I've ever worn skates that didn't hurt my feet, just unreal, feel like a whole new player. I always religiously wore CCM everything since I started playing in 2004.

only one pair of skates?

• Like 2

9D. There was also a 6D and a 8D available as well, I believe. Strangely, those got picked off before the 9s which I thought would be the first to go.

And Louie... sweet Christmas, dude. Very impressive, though your lack of a Flames retro third shell makes me sad.

I've been on the hunt, that's a great setup...

Retro Ducks helmet and shell are en route!

Bauer Total NXG skates, picked them up from Total Hockey.

Your unknown USHL team CLs belonged to the Lincoln Stars

Louie wins. End of thread.

I like Louie but there are people out there with much, much more.

I personally don't understand it. My skates were piling up but I've given away 3 pair in the last few months so I'm down to 3.

Thanks JR and everyone else... It just turned into a collection one day, thrill of the chase and such. JR is also right, my collection does pail in comparison to some.

Warrior Covert DT2 X Bone Gloves (BC Colorway); Warrior Remix LE Gloves (Quebec 1972) (thought I would give the 4 rolls a try, seeing as how I hear how so many people love and swear by them- got these for $50 via clearance +25% off for holiday); Easton Mako II Pro Stock shaft with Warrior Kovalchuk paddle; Mission Inhaler helmet with Re Akt cage, and of course, Mako skates. The monkey made his way into the picture because I just wanted the gloves in a row. And yes, I sleep on a pink bed. As long as my wife refrains from commenting on my equipment purchasing habits, I let her choose the sheets lol. Only got to use the gear once (except the 4 rolls) as I got a bad case of Mako bumps that I am recovering from; but love all of the stuff, even the skates- just need to cover up the area that got shredded (when it fully heals) with some mole skin and I ought to be good.

onvg.jpg

• Like 1

custom skateguards made for me by Junkyard Athletic:

6D76B446-C3D1-473F-98C9-2ECD07217C0D_zps

a small piece of custom gear that makes me feel like a rockstar!

here's their webpage for you newbies: http://www.junkyardathletic.com

I'm beginning to think there's nothing they can't do.

They did a single piece? May I ask how much?

Edited by Chadd
formatting

I forget the total but the soakers themselves were something like $30 and then I added names and numbers for a few dollars extra.

I like bright soakers so I don't forget to take them off before stepping on the ice. I used to get tiger striped ones made by A&R but you can't find those anymore except for the puffy ones made for figure skaters. :(

11448555376_cf770ebfb1_z.jpg   11697913686_7a9c141cec_z.jpg

Custom Easton V9E sticks.

Left hand, grip surface, 80flex and my own blade pattern.

The pattern is based on Roenick.

I cut its toe off 1cm shorter.

My shooting skill uses much stick's tortion so I love this oval neck stick!

• Like 2