Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

2qbc8e9.jpg

My new babies. These were my old Makos (was given a new pair for Christmas). Won't be playing Roller Hockey with them, but they make for a good workout in between lectures. :D

A bud of mine managed to yank the chassis off my X40Rs and crank 'em on the Makos for free. Considering putting a Powerslide Road Hog brake on it.

• Like 2

Very nice. In my opinion, two of the best looking skates Bauer's ever made.

Thanks. Took me ages to hunt down via ebay/kijiji

One kid saw the Vapors at a public skate, and was like "Those are Vintage!" negatively. Didn't even recognize the old Bauer logo.

As for the 8000's, I give the edge to 7000s (blacked out with blk tuuks+) as the coolest Bauer skate. 7000s are a perfect skate (like F40 with Ferrari). Period.

Edited by KILLERWHALE
  • Like 1

If USA wins, you have to tape it with stars and stripes haha.

Not a chance in hell I would ever do that. How about this, if the US wins I'll tape my stick with the same color as the stars on your flag.

Hey folks, first time posting - long time lurker (apologies).

Made the jump from inline goalie to skater 'cos g-gear is getting too expensive on a rubbish income. Here's some relics I've went through 'cos my head is like Sputnik:

Cooper SK600 & HM30 (Goalie Set-Up)

sk6i_zps25bfd79f.png

Cooper SK600 (Skater Set-Up)

sk6_zps81a02226.png

Cooper SK600 & CCM (HM50 Replica) Cage

sk6ii_zps08b71eb0.png

Cooper SK2000 (Bumpers Removed) & CCM (HM50 Replica) Cage

sk2_zps5d5da7f2.png

Still haven't found a comfier helmet than the SK600. Got a new, old stock CCM 652 in the mail ATM - hopefully be a step-up safety-wise.

Hey folks, first time posting - long time lurker (apologies).

Made the jump from inline goalie to skater 'cos g-gear is getting too expensive on a rubbish income. Here's some relics I've went through 'cos my head is like Sputnik:

Cooper SK600 & HM30 (Goalie Set-Up)

sk6i_zps25bfd79f.png

Cooper SK600 (Skater Set-Up)

sk6_zps81a02226.png

Cooper SK600 & CCM (HM50 Replica) Cage

sk6ii_zps08b71eb0.png

Cooper SK2000 (Bumpers Removed) & CCM (HM50 Replica) Cage

sk2_zps5d5da7f2.png

Still haven't found a comfier helmet than the SK600. Got a new, old stock CCM 652 in the mail ATM - hopefully be a step-up safety-wise.

Holy time warp, Batman!!!

• Like 1

Holy time warp, Batman!!!

oh my god! I used to have the SK600 as a kid..

Thanks for the blast from the past. Is there a thread to show off old gear?

Haha, most welcome. I had a few searches - but I couldn't find anything devoted specifically to old gear. Not long sold my SK2000. I've still got the white SK600, as I said before, it's the comfiest helmet I've ever had. The red one was one of the terrible early '90s versions before they phased them out - was as protective as a mixing bowl with straps.

As previously mentioned I got this through half an hour after posting. Brand new CCM 652:

HT2_zpsa8d37bdf.png

HT2i_zpseb5e6d3c.png

It's a snug fit, not uncomfy as such. Has anyone else felt this with the dark VN foam that CCM uses? Hoping if I wear it around the house for a few days it'll soften up.

Edited by ScotiaCygnus

After my beloved Wisniewski Diablo broke I began searching for another Intermediate Warrior. My search for another Wisniewski ended fruitless but I got the next best thing, A 55 flex Dynasty shaft and a AX1 Lidstrom blade. This is my first 2 piece stick but if the blade wears out first (like all of my previous sticks) ill save a fortune.

D9LHFN4.jpgKsVHmmk.jpg

Edited by Dave003

Haha, most welcome. I had a few searches - but I couldn't find anything devoted specifically to old gear. Not long sold my SK2000. I've still got the white SK600, as I said before, it's the comfiest helmet I've ever had. The red one was one of the terrible early '90s versions before they phased them out - was as protective as a mixing bowl with straps.

As previously mentioned I got this through half an hour after posting. Brand new CCM 652:

HT2_zpsa8d37bdf.png

HT2i_zpseb5e6d3c.png

It's a snug fit, not uncomfy as such. Has anyone else felt this with the dark VN foam that CCM uses? Hoping if I wear it around the house for a few days it'll soften up.

I have a couple old HT2's in my dad's attic, and I have the last one I bought in 2004 in my gear bag right now. The black foam is very stiff when left to dry over time. It softens up after about 20-30 minutes on the ice. I only use it when I'm doing stick and pucks, or feeling nostalgic.

I have a couple old HT2's in my dad's attic, and I have the last one I bought in 2004 in my gear bag right now. The black foam is very stiff when left to dry over time. It softens up after about 20-30 minutes on the ice. I only use it when I'm doing stick and pucks, or feeling nostalgic.

Appreciate that feedback, thanks!

Just curious, I know that putting decals on a helmet voids the warranty - is this still the case with the 'SportStar' blank tabs even though they're endorsed by the NHL? I'm keeping the CSA, HECC and CE sticker on anyway. Has the 'Warning, ice hockey is a collision sport...' sticker to remain on the helmet? Apologies if I'm opening a can of worms.

Edited by ScotiaCygnus