Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

That blog made me want one of those helmets so much that I bought one. I may make a mould and build my own, as this one, while it looks good on the e bay ad, may be past it's sell-by date...

Hello Mr. Nash!!

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

Does that pair have the shot blocker panels on the back rolls? Is that an extra layer of foam and some plastic? I seem to be playing D and want as little to be afraid of when blocking shots is why I ask. I will be ordering new gloves in a couple of months and I want to know what to order.

Does that pair have the shot blocker panels on the back rolls? Is that an extra layer of foam and some plastic? I seem to be playing D and want as little to be afraid of when blocking shots is why I ask. I will be ordering new gloves in a couple of months and I want to know what to order.

Pretty sure this is a NY Rangers custom, you'd need to find out where they get the mod done. If you look at Ranger gloves all makes and models have them. They were mandatory during the Tortarela days.

Pretty sure this is a NY Rangers custom, you'd need to find out where they get the mod done. If you look at Ranger gloves all makes and models have them. They were mandatory during the Tortarela days.

Saw a few on eBay. I want new ones, preferably made by Eagle Hockey in natural (tan) goat leather. I suppose I could ask Gus if he would make me a pair.

02317dbc-94f9-4bb3-bbbc-ba4c70474ede_zps

Recently went on a jersey buying spree, and now I have a decent start to a collection. Up top are 3 of my 4 Winterfest jerseys (desperately searching for the fourth) and on the bottom are the new arrivals. Thrashers, Lightning and Vermont jerseys were all NWT on ebay with terrific prices that I couldn't resist. All star jersey is used but in great shape. And yes, the UVM jersey was bought in part to validate my most ridiculous purchase of a forest green Re-Akt.

I use wooden end plug for my carbon sticks but really troublesome to cut the end completely flat.
So I bought this high speed spinning cut machine for it.
Very comfotable.

13161732975_30b4c02c44_z.jpg

Sherwwod Nexon n10 that just came in the mail.

6tag_150314-0910281_zpsc5f3084f.jpg

My elderly neighbor cleaned out his basement before moving away and gave me this. I figured some people on here would appreciate it.

WP_20140315_0041_zpsd13fde24.jpg

"patented 1966" if you can't quite read it.

WP_20140315_0061_zps4a8f67c5.jpg

• Like 3

Good birthday month...

Found a local 9k girdle with a pro stock Sens shell. Replaced it with a Navy CCM one. Wife went halfsies on a set of white Reebok 20k skates that were on sale for 50% off. Found a set of portofino Eagle Whalers x72 gloves and picked up a pair of Edmonton Oilers Reebok 852 sty2 thirds at a mini locker room sale. Also managed to grab two CCM FV 85 flex Rajala Pro Stock RBZs, a pair of Warrior Widow Magnus Paarjavi Pro Stocks and a Reebok 20k FC H77 (Ovi?) stick.

10012793_10152000948606769_204181896_o.j

Sticks and curves

1557514_10152000948636769_607076435_n.jp

• Like 1

Good birthday month...

Found a local 9k girdle with a pro stock Sens shell. Replaced it with a Navy CCM one. Wife went halfsies on a set of white Reebok 20k skates that were on sale for 50% off. Found a set of portofino Eagle Whalers x72 gloves and picked up a pair of Edmonton Oilers Reebok 852 sty2 thirds at a mini locker room sale. Also managed to grab two CCM FV 85 flex Rajala Pro Stock RBZs, a pair of Warrior Widow Magnus Paarjavi Pro Stocks and a Reebok 20k FC H77 (Ovi?) stick.

10012793_10152000948606769_204181896_o.j

Sticks and curves

1557514_10152000948636769_607076435_n.jp

Wow nice pickups! Dare I ask where u found the 20ks for 50 percent off?

Thanks to a member here who sold me the pair for a great deal ($80 for 2 shipped)

https://plus.google.com/photos/113927859411935722913/albums/5991729492743667025

Those Command Grips are a pain in the ass to install... wish I'd googled it first and saw to put WD-40 on the grip before sliding it over.

gave myself a hangnail.

Can't wait to fire a few shots off with it.

I'm looking for a 2nd blade to use. I have my Coffey curve on this, but I'd like something that would keep the puck down. Something with a little less loft.

fuXz93W.jpg

Qcjum7X.jpg

Txvw9if.jpg

(of course I take the Sharks sign out before shooting at the net)

Edited by mc88
  • Like 4

Is it just me, or are blades getting harder to find?

I'm looking for a Lidstrom curve now. looks like a good match for my play style.

Is it just me, or are blades getting harder to find?

I'm looking for a Lidstrom curve now. looks like a good match for my play style.

That's why I finally switched to 1-piece sticks in December. I got tired of only being able to buy blades online & watching the prices continue to rise. Plus I'd settled in on a pattern too.

"I'm looking for a Lidstrom curve now. looks like a good match for my play style."

The Lidstrom pattern is pretty open. You'll have to account for it if you want to keep the puck down. Just an FYI.

Blades are a dying business. If they are around in 5 years it'll be pretty exclusive to one or two companies.

If you are in love with something, I'd suggest starting to stock-pile.

way more. I find blades on sites like this, facebook and ebay, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you need to stock up on a couple. Harrow has a pretty good selection, as does Base