Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Thanks to a member here who sold me the pair for a great deal ($80 for 2 shipped)

https://plus.google.com/photos/113927859411935722913/albums/5991729492743667025

Those Command Grips are a pain in the ass to install... wish I'd googled it first and saw to put WD-40 on the grip before sliding it over.

gave myself a hangnail.

Can't wait to fire a few shots off with it.

I'm looking for a 2nd blade to use. I have my Coffey curve on this, but I'd like something that would keep the puck down. Something with a little less loft.

Use hairspray, without the tape that comes with them. Apply a copious amount to the end of the stick, and the inside of the grip. Works great!

Use hairspray, without the tape that comes with them. Apply a copious amount to the end of the stick, and the inside of the grip. Works great!

oh yeah?

kind of like BMX grips :D

next time I'll try the tape + WD40 thing.

Hairspray isn't something I have... as I am bald.

Oilers had yet another mini locker room sale... Couldn't help myself, building a moderate little collection of ~80ish toe curves. Brand new, never cut or taped Yaksss #64 Warrior DT1LT (or something) in the middle with the blue graphics. Most of the others have been seen in this thread before...

1743472_10152009792271769_1839710218_n.j

Name Bars

1236456_10152009792326769_1887837433_n.j

L to R: Gionta Retial, Magnus Paajarvi Pro Stock DT1 (though I suspect these are dolo's), Yakupov DT1LT Pro Stock, Rajala (Ben Eager) CCM RBZ Pro Stock, Reebok 20k (FC) H77 (Ovi) Curve

397542_10152009792446769_1124187255_n.jp

• Like 1

Definitely a glove you should bake to fit - the Poron pad inside is a bit blocky. After 5 min in the oven, that went away.

Now we're talking! I figured this day would come sooner or later.

Definitely a glove you should bake to fit - the Poron pad inside is a bit blocky. After 5 min in the oven, that went away.

I wonder if that would help the new Supreme glove fit at all. I was a big fan of the Supremes until the 2013 model came out. They felt really uncomfortable in the knuckle area.

Gorgeous gloves though. I bought a pair of black and gold gloves for SummerJam last year that I didn't get to use :(

Sure, heat helps soften the materials. Manufacturers just haven't decided it was worth mentioning, probably because consumers haven't decided that this was needed.

I've baked the last 3 pairs of gloves that I acquired. It definitely helps.

Sure, heat helps soften the materials. Manufacturers just haven't decided it was worth mentioning, probably because consumers haven't decided that this was needed.

I just meant I'm not sure if softening the materials would help them become comfortable, or whether it's just a fundamental design change that causes them to be uncomfortable to me. No way to know without trying it.

How would you bake the gloves? Specifically, what temps, how long, etc? Upgrading this year from the X:60 Pro to the new APX2 Pro glove, definitely interested in baking them

Like a pair of skates in a skate oven. Preheat and 2 minutes. You could get them damp by wetting your hands.

Also, time to build the bandwagon lol

• Like 1

It doesn't change the fit per se, just makes them possibly more mobile and comfortable than they were before.

Right, and I'm not sure I'm willing to buy a pair of gloves that I don't like the fit of just to see if baking them will help ;)

Had 10-12 guys using TPS HGT (precursor to R8/10) back in 2003 in LA by doing this. Weird how it has never caught on...

Lack of consumer education?

One pair that I baked was the Winnwell Pro Stocks, conveniently the latest 'iteration' of the TPS gloves you mentioned. Focused on flaring out the cuff and 'imprinting' the shape of my fingers in the palms. Worked out very well.

what temp and for how long?

However hot a skate oven is and I literally just said how long in the post you took the time to quote.

I was looking for that info last week, I dug up somewhere on here that, summary:

the Mission skate bake oven was set to 175-degrees Fahrenheit or roughly 80-degrees Celsius, convection (hot air), which makes the oven's temperature uniform inside.

Done it for years, 5-8 minutes in a skate oven, then I work the fingers over the back roll to soften and elongate the palms to make them more mobile. Works wonders.

I really can't see the skate oven being hot enough to do structural damage to anything.