Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Anyone picking up the new 1N (2016)?

Just curious to see how many people think the new 1N is worth the price tag. New shaft shape, taper and kick point but IMO the first 1N was just so good. $299... is it worth it to you?

28 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Just curious to see how many people think the new 1N is worth the price tag. New shaft shape, taper and kick point but IMO the first 1N was just so good. $299... is it worth it to you?

No stick is worth 299.99 to me.

Yeah, not to sound like a broken record, here or otherwise, but you've got a snowball's chance in hell of getting me to fork over that much cash for a stick. I don't care if Bauer remade the gorgeous Vapor XX and had them personally delivered by equally gorgeous Alessandra Ambrosio; if she demanded three hundred smackaroos, I'm slamming the door in her face.

So I'm guessing the "control shaft" is the intermediate between Vapor's full rounded and Supreme's traditional boxy? I think the new taper will help seeing as the 1st gen 1N flexed like rebar.

I believe the new 1N retails at around $340 CDN, which is crazy for a hockey stick. 

The new N9000 looks very promising to me, though. I'll definitely be giving it a try.

hell I'm still using the 8000, so I guess the next upgrade is the 1N from last year 

I'm way to cheap to fork over $340CDN for a stick, I like getting them at $150 on closeout 

Picked one up because I loved the 2014 version. Yes 340 retail is retarded dunno what that's about. 

My thoughts. Plays stiffer then last years. I liked that they had a 95 flex finally yet plays like a 102 anyway. I wanna try and 87 maybe will be better with the taper, Taper made it feel stiff not easy loading to me. Had a very 1s feel which is why the nexus was so different last time. We already have the 1s style. 

Rounded corners why? I liked the shaft before we already have a vapor feels like a lacrosse stick now. Never liked rounded corners. Grip like the supreme should be an option retail 

Pop is unchanged, in fact I think I shoot harder with last years. 

Overall im disappointed. Luckily I got this for 170 on a Bauer promo. I will play it out till 29 days bust it and grab last years on warranty with my shop. 

Lately I have found bauers "upgrades" for their sticks actually making good products worse.

apx 2 - 1x was a bust in my opinion 

total one nxg- 1s down grade 

nexus 1n was excellent and upgrade over the 8000 but now I feel they went back again. 

4 minutes ago, bubaloo said:

340 retail is retarded dunno what that's about.

2 minutes ago, bubaloo said:

I will play it out till 29 days bust it and grab last years on warranty with my shop.

2 hours ago, bubaloo said:

Picked one up because I loved the 2014 version. Yes 340 retail is retarded dunno what that's about. 

My thoughts. Plays stiffer then last years. I liked that they had a 95 flex finally yet plays like a 102 anyway. I wanna try and 87 maybe will be better with the taper, Taper made it feel stiff not easy loading to me. Had a very 1s feel which is why the nexus was so different last time. We already have the 1s style. 

Rounded corners why? I liked the shaft before we already have a vapor feels like a lacrosse stick now. Never liked rounded corners. Grip like the supreme should be an option retail 

Pop is unchanged, in fact I think I shoot harder with last years. 

Overall im disappointed. Luckily I got this for 170 on a Bauer promo. I will play it out till 29 days bust it and grab last years on warranty with my shop. 

Lately I have found bauers "upgrades" for their sticks actually making good products worse.

apx 2 - 1x was a bust in my opinion 

total one nxg- 1s down grade 

nexus 1n was excellent and upgrade over the 8000 but now I feel they went back again. 

Such a clever boy

Maybe I'm being pedantic about this, but the "new" 1N, the one available for preorder, is the 2017, isn't it? And the 2016 would be the first stick named the 1N, the one that's been available in stores, right?

We aren't even fully into this release cycle yet, and the new Bauer model name is confusing. 

13 minutes ago, bubaloo said:

Not sure what this means 

I think it means you are foolish to put your plan in writing on a website that Bauer reps access and for all of us to read.  A warranty is offered to cover breakage due to "manufacturer defects" not so you can transition into a stick you like better without being out of pocket.    

OR maybe bubaloo likes your plan.  

I don't know.  I could be wrong on both points....

21 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

I think it means you are foolish to put your plan in writing on a website that Bauer reps access and for all of us to read.  A warranty is offered to cover breakage due to "manufacturer defects" not so you can transition into a stick you like better without being out of pocket.    

OR maybe bubaloo likes your plan.  

I don't know.  I could be wrong on both points....

The former 

Also, the issue of complaining about stick prices, them immediately following that with your plan to abuse the warranty system which then drives stick prices higher. 

Meh.

I purchase at least 20 sticks a year from Bauer. So I personal don't really care. 

First problem. I've liked and disliked a lot of them. Second problem 

I have gone back after a purchase that I was unhappy with and was not aloud to return the product. I purchased a 1x did not like it and wished to return. Denied.

purchased the nexus 8000 same thing. 

Purchased the 1x re release. Same thing. 

Mx3 gloves same thing. 

1x elbows same thing.

point being u can't return a stick u didn't like in real game. 

luxkily can sell to friends / Craigslist I gusss 

hockey gear is an interesting thing, it's very much what u like on the ice in real time. Feels fine in the store not so much in Practice. So it doesn't really bother me if I don't like it I can return it for something I did by doing so 

whether that's "right or wrong" I'm not really worried about. Not here to impress anyone 

Impressing people and committing fraud arent related.

You'd also think by stick number 20 you'd be able to figure out what works for you. 

Fraud? Serious? Give me a brake bud.

I buy 20 sticks a year because they brake. 

I broke 4 1s sticks in 5 games when they came out. "In legit fashion" 

210 pounds with 90 mph slapper does that. 

So as a loyal customer if I can't return a stick because I don't like it it

not to concerned braking one here and there to get something i do. 

On 12/3/2016 at 8:06 PM, 60PlusWinger said:

30 minutes ago, bubaloo said:

Meh.

I purchase at least 20 sticks a year from Bauer. So I personal don't really care. 

First problem. I've liked and disliked a lot of them. Second problem 

I have gone back after a purchase that I was unhappy with and was not aloud to return the product. I purchased a 1x did not like it and wished to return. Denied.

purchased the nexus 8000 same thing. 

Purchased the 1x re release. Same thing. 

Mx3 gloves same thing. 

1x elbows same thing.

point being u can't return a stick u didn't like in real game. 

luxkily can sell to friends / Craigslist I gusss 

hockey gear is an interesting thing, it's very much what u like on the ice in real time. Feels fine in the store not so much in Practice. So it doesn't really bother me if I don't like it I can return it for something I did by doing so 

whether that's "right or wrong" I'm not really worried about. Not here to impress anyone 

With that much dissatisfaction, one would think you might try another brand.

On 12/3/2016 at 8:06 PM, 60PlusWinger said:

Before this gets closed I will put my $.02 in.  I have used two different original 1Ns and a Nexus8000.  I really wasn't a fan of the 8000 it wasn't the worst stick I have ever used just felt like it played really stiff probably should have went with a 77 flex.  Picked up a 1N in a 95flex it was pro stock and just really wanted to try it.  I would say that played as stiff as the 87 flex 8000, but it loaded nicely.  Lately I have been using an 87 flex prostock 1N it is much better than the other 2 sticks I just mentioned.  However I just wish it had a stiffer blade.  I have a pretty nice one timer, but I feel if I don't time it just right my shot looks gross.  Where as with a stick with a stiffer blade it might just loose some power, but still be okay.  If that makes sense.  For reference my most favorite stick ever was the original Total One.  Everything about that stick IMO was the best.

On to weather or not I will pick up a new 1N.  I refuse to pay full price for any stick so if I find a pro stock version for a decent price sure why not.  I am not a fan of the Vapor shaft shape so I don't know if I will like the less boxy feel.  When I have some free time I may head to the local Hockey Giant and check it out, and see how it feel in my hands.  I do wish they would stiffen up the blade.  Who ever said they wished Bauer would bring the tactile corners to retail I agree.  I love that about the supreme line.

More than likely won't get one. The last 2 versions haven't been able to match the way the 1000 preformed for me, even tho last years 1N was a lot closer than the 8000. I'll definitely go check it out and see how it feels in the hands with this new shaft, and read the reviews to see what people's thoughts are but unless it compares to the 1000 I'll pass on this one, no matter what the price is.