Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Anyone picking up the new 1N (2016)?

I won't go for the 2017 1N but I may get the N8000 which has a more reasonable price tag of $129. Still pretty pricey but not completely unreasonable. I would sooner buy last years 1N closeout before the 2017 N8000 though.

17 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

"In lawfraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain"

Which part doesn't apply to you, bud?

The part where, they take the stick back without proof it was a "mfg" defect.

the part where you cannot return a product you do not like

the part where im not going to jail for braking a stick myself and asking if I can return for warranty,

the part where a Mfg defect is not a puck/stick slash braking the stick and returning for warranty yet people do

the part where they only allow one for each stick sold

the part where I have legit sticks brake in mere seconds of use and denied warranty because it was the second stick

Think your taking yourself a bit seriously

you work for bauer?

17 hours ago, bubaloo said:

Fraud? Serious? Give me a brake bud.

I buy 20 sticks a year because they brake. 

I broke 4 1s sticks in 5 games when they came out. "In legit fashion" 

210 pounds with 90 mph slapper does that. 

So as a loyal customer if I can't return a stick because I don't like it it

not to concerned braking one here and there to get something i do. 

I have to preface my upcoming comments; maybe it's because I'm 44 years old, maybe it's because I'm in law enforcement or maybe it's because I'm a bit of a dick but for crying out loud, get a dictionary or use spell check!  It's "allowed" and "break"!  And you are committing a criminal act by breaking a stick for purposes of a warranty return.  If this is your typical MO, then I'm not so sure you have any right to classify yourself as a "loyal customer".  

I can't tell if he thinks what he's doing is okay, or if he knows it's not and just doesn't care. 

Either way, people who abuse warranties and drive the costs up for the rest of us aren't exactly going to be popular around here.

47 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Another " Who's picking up XYZ new stick " gone horribly wrong.  Facepalm.

We just can't have nice things around here, can we?

(Well, I guess SOME of us have nice things... and then deliberately break them just before the warranty expires.)

Trying to get things back on topic here.... I'm using pro stock 1N 95flex which I'm a big fan of so I'm genuinely interested how this compares to the previous version. I also own a 1N SE 87flex.

The IW crew mentioned the new 1N feels "different", I'm just wondering how much different we are talking here? The rounded corners makes me think Super Tack like feel?

I used the new 1N in the shooting booth at Total Hockey. Can't say it felt all that different than my current 1N's, other than the shaft geometry that is. Which I happen to like.

On 12/5/2016 at 7:56 AM, strosedefence34 said:

On to weather or not I will pick up a new 1N.  I refuse to pay full price for any stick so if I find a pro stock version for a decent price sure why not.

I'm buying Junior sticks for my son and just got a Total One MX3 on clearence for $74.95. I hope he likes it.

I don't think I would pay $200 for a Junior or $260 for a Senior stick.

7 hours ago, 218hockey said:

I'm buying Junior sticks for my son and just got a Total One MX3 on clearence for $74.95. I hope he likes it.

In my opinion a Junior typically isn't mechanically sound and or strong enough to truly be able to utilize the technology. If it were  I'd say here ya go kid, you're welcome.

12 hours ago, stick9 said:

I used the new 1N in the shooting booth at Total Hockey. Can't say it felt all that different than my current 1N's, other than the shaft geometry that is. Which I happen to like.

I noticed the kickpoint felt lower and shots came off a hair quicker.  Though they feel just a bit heavier than last year's model.

18 hours ago, 218hockey said:

Nice price on the stick.  I remember when I was a kid my dad bought me some close out top of the line skates and I was psyched on them.  I never wanted to get new skates.

On 12/6/2016 at 7:01 PM, 60PlusWinger said:

In my opinion a Junior typically isn't mechanically sound and or strong enough to truly be able to utilize the technology. If it were  I'd say here ya go kid, you're welcome.

For many big brand names they are relying on the name to carry the mail and they are down spec'd.  

With the shift to softer flexes that are more appropriate for the kids to use the down spec in materials with a really flashy paint job I suspect you may see some higher than average failure.

The new X-Core line for 2017 will feature softer flexes of 20,  30,  40 and 50.  These are built the same way as our Sr and Int sticks-  Axenic,  BRT and X-Core.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:58 AM, enis750 said:

hell I'm still using the 8000, so I guess the next upgrade is the 1N from last year 

I'm way to cheap to fork over $340CDN for a stick, I like getting them at $150 on closeout 

It's the right way to go. I'm buying a QR4SE for thirteen dollars and free shipping.

On 12/6/2016 at 2:22 PM, 218hockey said:

After a failed experiment with Intermediate, I'm going back to Junior. Why buy an NXG for 220 when I could get it for 85 in the same pattern and flex I wanted in the first place? (It turns out that the PM9 wasn't for me, and Bauer 47 flex is really stiff, but now I know and didn't overpay for it.)

On 12/7/2016 at 9:55 PM, Zac911 said:

For many big brand names they are relying on the name to carry the mail and they are down spec'd.  

With the shift to softer flexes that are more appropriate for the kids to use the down spec in materials with a really flashy paint job I suspect you may see some higher than average failure.

The new X-Core line for 2017 will feature softer flexes of 20,  30,  40 and 50.  These are built the same way as our Sr and Int sticks-  Axenic,  BRT and X-Core.

20 flex in Junior? at all three price points? Damn. 

2 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

20 flex in Junior? at all three price points? Damn. 

the 20 & 30 are more Yth dimensions and the 40 & 50 are Jr.  We can move that over to the TRUE thread.

Nexus is Bauer's best stick,  so my apologies-  I don't wan't to train wreck the thread.  Back on topic.