Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SipHockey

Tackla, Montreal, Eagle? Can Someone explain?

So I am currently using Tackla EXPP 55s that I bought from someone on this forum and loving them. I remembered wearing Tackla as a kid, and when I got back into hockey as an adult I decided to go that direction again. I wanted to get some insight on the status of Tackla as a company, since I have seen several things on this forum about Tackla having a relation to Montreal Hockey and Eagle. Did Eagle buy Tackla? From what I have gathered on the Montreal website, they are a distributor that distributes Tackla in the US, is that correct? Tackla still seems to have a fully independent Finnish website functioning. Can someone give me some insight into how the company is operating? Is eagle just producing Tackla branded products licensed by the Finnish company? Thanks guys, very interested.  

(Posted this over at sports2k earlier, figured I might some better info over here.)

If I'm not mistaken (unless something changed after the last time I read stuff about it) Montreal is the U.S. side of Tackla... and Vaughn owns Eagle.  

I don't see anything Tackla related on Eagle's site, though.

Edited by Pocketmonster18

13 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

If I'm not mistaken (unless something changed after the last time I read stuff about it) Montreal is the U.S. side of Tackla... and Vaughn owns Eagle.  

I don't see anything Tackla related on Eagle's site, though.

Wasn't there a relationship between Vaughn and Tackla at some point? I could be mistaken. 

I recall reading in forums that Vaughn was Canada's slinger of Tackla (I can't remember if it was just distribution or if they were licensed to produce)... but that it ended once they started with Eagle.  

that may or may not be super accurate... I read it in forums.

4 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

I recall reading in forums that Vaughn was Canada's slinger of Tackla (I can't remember if it was just distribution or if they were licensed to produce)... but that it ended once they started with Eagle.  

that may or may not be super accurate... I read it in forums.

Correct. They made pants under license. 

• Like 1

Interesting. So are current Tackla pants made under license by Montreal? Or are they simply imported and distributed by Montreal and made by Tackla of Finland? (I know they are not made IN Finland). 

Not sure if this is even an option-

My friend has a pair of Tackla Air 9000s that are in fine condition, but the plastic  thigh pad on one side is cracked. Anyone have any idea who he'd contact to see if he can get a replacement pad from Tackla? 

3 hours ago, start_today said:

Not sure if this is even an option-

My friend has a pair of Tackla Air 9000s that are in fine condition, but the plastic  thigh pad on one side is cracked. Anyone have any idea who he'd contact to see if he can get a replacement pad from Tackla? 

Either contact Montreal Hockey in Connecticut or email Tackla in Finland. 

• Thanks 1