Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seanfku

Garter belt help

Recently switched to reebok pro stock socks and having a hell of a time trying to keep these up. Originally used velcro but not Having much success with it. Does anyone still use garter belts that can recommend one. Most of the reviews I've read on garter belts from different brands are all mixed reviews. Even if it's a garter/jock combo. The bauer compression/jock pants I wear don't do a good enough job and I feel it's time to make the switch back. Thanks for your help. 

I found that the reebok socks do stick to the velcro enough... sometimes I just use some clear tap around my thighs.

For some of my edge socks I have had my tailor sew some velcro to the inside of the socks,  works great.

Ive honestly had no issue keeping my pro stock socks up with the Velcro. There's not a whole lot of shearing force for the most part especially when you tape your shin pads. 

On the bright side, the more you do it the better they stick because the inside of the sock gets roughened up. So, maybe to speed up that process, see if you can take some sandpaper or something to the inside of the sock? Sounds stupid but it may work. Maybe.

I've read that they stick well with velcro quite a bit but my experience has been less than favorable. Maybe I can try sewing some velcro in but I didn't want to have to go to that extent. Are garter belts that out of style now? There has got to be a reason pros still use them and not the velcro. I don't want to go back to retail socks because the quality difference is night and day. 

I've always used garter belts and haven't noticed much difference between brands. However, I would recommend one with a one piece elastic waist band. Otherwise I've found the stitching on the velcro to rip out after a while.

I have the Reebok version of this one.

The garter part works great. I get annoyed with clips on the back of my legs, so I took the back ones off mine and just use the front. No problems holding up the socks. The cup is the most protective and promotes the most natural mobility of any I've ever used. No rubbing or chafing whatsoever.

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

The garter part works great. I get annoyed with clips on the back of my legs, so I took the back ones off mine and just use the front. No problems holding up the socks. The cup is the most protective and promotes the most natural mobility of any I've ever used. No rubbing or chafing whatsoever.

I use that same CCM one and love it. Previously I used a shock doctor cup/garter combo, but the CCM cup is just that much more comfortable.

1 hour ago, seanfku said:

Is that only sold in Europe?

With garter yes, but the jock itself is available here. 

I didn't find them comfortable though.

8 hours ago, flip12 said:

+1 for this. 

8 hours ago, flip12 said:

I have this in CCM version (can only) and use a standard Reebok garter w it 

works great no issues

the Can is the most comfortable thing on earth, I love it 

2 hours ago, Hat_Trick_Hokie said:

I have been using the same old Bauer garter belt for the past 12 years.  They do well with my Edge socks.

Just like these all elastic with the plastic clips

rs.php?path=BGAB-1.jpg&nw=300

This seems to be the easiest garter belt to find. Might as well give it a try. I can't justify spending 80 bucks on a garter belt from Europe right now. 

I thought about that one but I already have a jock and just wanted a garter. Never had any experience with shock doctor. Maybe if that bauer one blows I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads   up.