Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

1.5 vs. 1 inch Tape for Stick Blade

Is there any advantage to using 1 inch tape instead of 1.5 inch tape? I just stumbled onto some 1.5 inch, and it just seems easier to wrap. I figure that since no one uses it, there must be a reason that I am missing. I know, it's personal preference; but is there some actual pro/con (puck feel, enhanced durability of the blade, etc.) between the 2 (assuming that both are used in the same way with each piece of the blade being double wrapped).

If the claim that taping gives a spin to the puck true, 1.5" tape should reduce that, which would be bad... on the other hand, many believe that the claim is false anyway.

6 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Is there any advantage to using 1 inch tape instead of 1.5 inch tape? I just stumbled onto some 1.5 inch, and it just seems easier to wrap. I figure that since no one uses it, there must be a reason that I am missing. I know, it's personal preference; but is there some actual pro/con (puck feel, enhanced durability of the blade, etc.) between the 2 (assuming that both are used in the same way with each piece of the blade being double wrapped).

There are people that do, some of them prominent.

I use 1.5" on the blade. Some people might feel or claim to feel a difference but Im sure I couldnt. A lot of it probably has to do with habit and relative scarcity of 1.5 vs. 1.

I bought a 3 pack of 1.5" tape to use on my wrists when I was having consistent soreness.

Now it is used for stick tape. Works just the same as 1", don't really notice any difference.