Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C-rad

Shoulder pads for skinny

Hi everyone, new member here. i just got back into the game after a 3 year break and im having a hard time finding a replacement dor my shoulder pads. my problem is that im inbetween size small and medium. im very skinny and the best fit for my chest would be a small, but for the overall fit, i need a medium since im 5'11". but when i tried some medium im litteraly floating in them. i tried vapor, supreme, quicklite, tacks and some easton. is there a company that we can make a custom order ( small version into a medium length) and maybe an older model that i could find on ebay. i dont need a lot of protection since it is a nocheck league. my previous pads are the reebok 3k medium and i am at the limit of the velcro strap and still fairly loose. i want something thighter. 

Thank you for all the help.

What about Warrior? They have Intermediate sizing on their shoulders going back to their 2013 catalog. It looks like they have that sizing option on all three lines this year: HD1, Pro, and HD3.

My kids skate in Easton Mako shoulders. They use those for different reasons than you're looking for but there is a ton of adjustability in those pads and both kids like them. Since they are not in production anymore it might be harder to find, but I think HM has some senior mediums on hand, which is probably what you would need.

I think you should look at Warrior Intermediates sized gear.  This is one of the pluses of them for the skinny dude.

The other option is to sew and adjust your gear.  If your worried about keeping the gear factory authentic...you should really think about making your own adjustments to the straps or add more velcro on the other end.  My current Shoulder and Shins have both received personal touch-up to make them better (for Me) the shins velcro doesnt fully work, But I use shin straps instead of shin tape to make up for the short fall...But could add velcro  to possibly overcome this issue, but hte Shin straps make them work and proabably better than the original straps would work with add'l velcro added.

I actually add a velcro on my shoulder pads to make it more tight. I will hold on these for as long as i could. But warrior is definetely an option.

Two thoughts:

You could buy a pair of mediums that you like and shorten the straps to get them tighter around your body. 

Or, you could get a pair of smalls you like and add some extensions to make them long enough. You could find a pair of small cheap pads, cut off the the bottom ~3 inches of the vest and attach with velcro or stitch them to the jacket of the new pads. Maybe it is easier in my head than in practice but I think it could work.