Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davekind

CCM hockey sticks P46

To my knowledge, CCM will have a new curve replacing it in next year's lineup. I don't know if that means a name change, or small tinkering, or an entirely new curve.

25 minutes ago, Hooah4 said:

Replaced by a P28 clone

But they've already got a P28 clone...so there's no new curve, the P46 is just leaving? 

42 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

IIRC, it's like their P40 with a P28-esque hook/openness at the toe and Bjugstad designed it or had a helping hand in it. 

I need to check the lie and rocker.....  not happy.  Might actually need to pop for a custom run of P46s

you can find the P46, but I think its only in the top of the line models.  You wont find it in the mid-range sticks...which SUX IMO....I am a fan of the P46 and have loved it over the course of it breif life-span.  we'll look forward to the P30.  This is good to know.  The P29 is not entirely up to the P46 and I think the P38 has slitly changed fromn what it was a few years ago...maybe I am wrong

For those interested in sustaining the P46 curve, there's been chatter about it in the BASE curve request thread. I'd jump on that train with my money if I had any at the moment, but that will have to wait. For now, I can only hope in some way the P46 is preserved.

I've been using it on my RibCor 26K since the summer. While that stick is too big for me, and the puck clicks off the blade twice most times, sometimes I get a really good shot off.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:20 AM, IW Team - Chase said:

IIRC, it's like their P40 with a P28-esque hook/openness at the toe and Bjugstad designed it or had a helping hand in it. 

That sounds interesting. Those two curves are really the only two I want to use and to see them combined might work out well.

4 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

you can find the P46, but I think its only in the top of the line models.  You wont find it in the mid-range sticks...which SUX IMO....I am a fan of the P46 and have loved it over the course of it breif life-span.  we'll look forward to the P30.  This is good to know.  The P29 is not entirely up to the P46 and I think the P38 has slitly changed fromn what it was a few years ago...maybe I am wrong

Its not a ,atter f finding it now.  They have it now.  Its a matter of the new line where they are killing it off.

1 hour ago, R1X3 said:

The P46 remains in the line for 2017 as a booking only offering.

Thanks.  What's the minimum order?  6 I think???

Booking only means dealers have one shot to buy the sticks and then CCM won't keep any in inventory. Dealer's are free to buy as many as they want to. If you're asking about custom, the MOQ remains 6 units.

What Chase said, I can echo. That's the best way to describe the new P30. I think it'll take off honestly. With how well the new CCM models have been received versus the amount of players going with P28-like curves, I think the P30 will have a lot of success.

On 12/20/2016 at 0:53 PM, Hooah4 said:

So this P30 is a totally new curve?  CCM/RBK/Koho used to have a P30 - Amonte/Bergeron years ago.....hmm?

I didn't think of that, maybe. Reebok-2009.jpgReebok-2009.jpg

I had a hard look at a P46 over the weekend and it was not entirely like a Warrior P71 (not as much curve in the heel) but that will be the next curve to look at IMO until a P30 hits the street and one can compare them in hand.

This is kind of a bummer.

I've recently had some woes with my once-trusty P92 curves (regular P92 has me spraying shots all over the place, P92 lie 5 stays nice and flat but sails five feet over my target), so I tried a P46 at the local HockeyGiant's demo range and thought it was the bee's knees. So much, in fact, that I plunked down on one. My gut tells me it'll probably wind up as yet another one of my failed experiments, but hey, it's nice to think there's a curve out there that'll magically solve all of my on-ice problems as well as making me significantly wealthier, younger, and covered in supermodels, right?

Anyway, I feel for you P46 lovers out there. Oh, and in case I wind up loving the curve, please leave a few lefties in 75 flex for me.

2 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

I had a hard look at a P46 over the weekend and it was not entirely like a Warrior P71 (not as much curve in the heel) but that will be the next curve to look at IMO until a P30 hits the street and one can compare them in hand.

The lies are way off between P46 and W71 as well.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:20 AM, IW Team - Chase said:

That kinda sounds just like the P28!  Funny

33 minutes ago, mjpisat said:

That kinda sounds just like the P28!  Funny

its all about the rocker.....  the 46 stays fairly flat as you move toward the toe.  The P28 is a more aggressive rocker and comes up earlier.

17 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

its all about the rocker.....  the 46 stays fairly flat as you move toward the toe.  The P28 is a more aggressive rocker and comes up earlier.

The P46 isn't really flat in its rocker anywhere. I know what you mean, but it's important to be accurate describing the slight differences between such similar patterns. The P28 is flat on the heel rocker and more aggressive on the toe rocker, where the P46 is more continuous in its rocker from heel to toe. The P28 is, as you say, more aggressive at the toe, but not because the P46 completely lacks toe rocker.