Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davekind

CCM hockey sticks P46

45 minutes ago, flip12 said:

The P46 isn't really flat in its rocker anywhere. I know what you mean, but it's important to be accurate describing the slight differences between such similar patterns. The P28 is flat on the heel rocker and more aggressive on the toe rocker, where the P46 is more continuous in its rocker from heel to toe. The P28 is, as you say, more aggressive at the toe, but not because the P46 completely lacks toe rocker.

True but the rocker is much less aggressive than say, the P92, which I used to use.  With the P92 I tended to fan on the puck whereas with the 46 I feel I get more blade on the ice.

I agree with both of you. I would describe the rocker as gentle, but like flip said, continuous. It's definitely not flat or AS flat as say Bauer's P88 or Easton's E9 (Heatley).

Also, got to use it for the first time last night. Fantastic curve for everything except slapshots, though that's probably due to my own shortcomings as opposed to the curve's or stick's.

What the hell, CCM? Why is it man's nature to kill off everything good and decent?

I have one of Daniel Winnik's Bauer sticks from the Capitals and it has this curve. The blade is actually stamped with "CCM P46".

Another option if retail runs dry... and he stays in the league.

6 hours ago, Hat_Trick_Hokie said:

I have one of Daniel Winnik's Bauer sticks from the Capitals and it has this curve. The blade is actually stamped with "CCM P46".

Another option if retail runs dry... and he stays in the league.

Finding those could be tricky--Winnik rejects I mean. And Bauer seems to be one of the worst companies to order custom from outside of official team reps.

On December 16, 2016 at 8:20 AM, IW Team - Chase said:

IIRC, it's like their P40 with a P28-esque hook/openness at the toe and Bjugstad designed it or had a helping hand in it. 

When is the release date?

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 10:31 AM, mjpisat said:

I was excited for the p30 at first but it just looks like a replacement for their Hossa curve that's closer to the p88.

It's rockered though. I like the profile and curve size of P88 types curves, but I have a hard time shooting with no blade rocker. This looks good to me as I'm usually using either a P92 or P46.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:09 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

I am devastated!!!  I love the P46.  Any word on what this P30 is like?

A lot more pro players use the P80 pro pattern (which is exactly like the Bauer P88) than the CCM P40 so I am guessing that they are going to get rid of the P40 and call it the P30 for retail and P80 for pro stock (similar to how they call the P29 for retail and P90 for pro stock).  The P46 is not likely to last as the P28 is just far more popular open toe pattern.  

Sadly, I agree but there is a massive difference, IMO, between the two patterns.  The 28 is a big rocker (new wave dual lie BS) and the 46 is much flatter.  

CCM will be dropping the P46 from its top line sticks with the 2.0 but it will be available if retailers want to order them in bulk (not sure what thats called.)  I am hoping that some of the bigger e-commerce retailers will pick it up and I will have to buy a couple.

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Sadly, I agree but there is a massive difference, IMO, between the two patterns.  The 28 is a big rocker (new wave dual lie BS) and the 46 is much flatter.  

CCM will be dropping the P46 from its top line sticks with the 2.0 but it will be available if retailers want to order them in bulk (not sure what thats called.)  I am hoping that some of the bigger e-commerce retailers will pick it up and I will have to buy a couple.

I was obsessed with the difference in lie between those two and was surprised how rockered the P46 was. The P28 is more drastic and contrasted in its heel and toe rocker, but the P46 is quite varied as well, but without as flat of a heel, more of a continuous rocker without the sudden changes of the P28.

P46 in JetSpeed Red and P28 in Tacks:

31828652535_e414872435.jpg

6 minutes ago, flip12 said:

I was obsessed with the difference in lie between those two and was surprised how rockered the P46 was. The P28 is more drastic and contrasted in its heel and toe rocker, but the P46 is quite varied as well, but without as flat of a heel, more of a continuous rocker without the sudden changes of the P28.

P46 in JetSpeed Red and P28 in Tacks:

31828652535_e414872435.jpg

Good side by side that shows how much flatter the 46 is at the toe.  If you put the 46 up against a p92 clone you will also see that the rocker on the 46 is more gradual and that it is "flatter."

3 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Good side by side that shows how much flatter the 46 is at the toe.  If you put the 46 up against a p92 clone you will also see that the rocker on the 46 is more gradual and that it is "flatter."

Definitely, the toe on the 28 is extreme. I'd love to try the 46 out on the ice, but they're hard if not impossible to find here.

On 3/24/2017 at 11:45 PM, Jamarquan said:

From HockeyMonkey EU

CCM_262x140_curve-2.jpg

CCM has to do something about these Blade Charts. They're getting worse not better. I think the main problem with their approach is they use a flat shading on the blade face - there's no real evidence in the pic of the depth of the toe pocket on the P28. If they P30 is a toe curve as per Chases' description, the pic doesn't do anything to show it.

I consider myself decently experienced with varying curve patterns over the years, but this chart does nothing for me when visually comparing the P19/P29/P30 and I already own P19 & P29 sticks in my collection.

They used to do it better:

CCM-2012-Blade-Chart.jpg

Harrow had it figured out as well, these pics are much better at showing what the curve really is:

pattern1.jpg

colins

19 minutes ago, mjpisat said:

Is it just a real p88 clone or what?

I think it has more toe - there is no P88 clone here. That was the p40, which is no more apparently.

49 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

I think it has more toe - there is no P88 clone here. That was the p40, which is no more apparently.

And on the blade chart, it says that the P30 is closed (wth toe curve). The p88/p40 is slightly open. Stinks, I just had a guy coming from Europe (not to see me specifically, but he dropped by) who just visited and flew back out today; could have asked him to bring me one to try out.

New CCM Parise curve that Bjugstad helped with looks similar to the old Kovalchuk pro stock curves when the CCM Rep brought them to my local shop last week.  

Tell Bjugstad to quit ruining the retail curve market.

I can't for the life of me understand why we need 45 variations of a straight blade with a banana toe and skateboard halfpipe rocker. Force everyone to use a P28, then produce limited stock of normal looking curves to satisfy those with no appetite for the Kreps toe curve fad.

8 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Tell Bjugstad to quit ruining the retail curve market.

I can't for the life of me understand why we need 45 variations of a straight blade with a banana toe and skateboard halfpipe rocker. Force everyone to use a P28, then produce limited stock of normal looking curves to satisfy those with no appetite for the Kreps toe curve fad.

I just wish it could be both / and, not either / or. Before the Kreps was around, I curved Modanos like that, with limited success in the durability department. It's great that that curve is out there, but that it means that classic patterns like Drury, Modano, etc. have to die is a shame.