Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SipHockey

Garter Question

This might be a dumb question... But I see alot of garters online that appear to have loops instead of clips. Unless I am missing something, every pair of socks I have ever owned did not have any holes or loops on them. I have never worn a garter but always figured they just clipped to the socks, and if I remember correctly that's what I have seen around locker rooms. 

Am I missing something here? I have a pair of swift socks where they velcro is too high to wear with a velcro jock so was considering buying a garter.

Some of the images online are misleading. The Shock Doctor 273 I have, which has a traditional garter attached to a cup, has clips. There are rubber buttons attached to flaps and a metal clamp on the front of them. The metal is on the outside of the sock where the rubber button is inside the sock. I'm not sure if this is how you've previously seen them or not. 

4 minutes ago, SipHockey said:

What about something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Stock-Return-Reebok-JOFA-hockey-garter-belt-/122268405551?hash=item1c77c3cf2f:g:RMEAAOSwfcVUEWVz

Looks to me like it is meant to go through a loop on the socks?

The triangle looking piece goes on the top of the sock and the little button goes behind the sock and you push it into the wide opening of the triangle piece and slide it down so it stays. The button doesn't go through the sock, it just creates enough friction for it to hold when you slide it down into the channel.