Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devils26

Affordable Sticks

Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a new stick that is affordable but also high quality. I have a few in mind, but I would take any suggestions. The ones I'm looking at now are:

True A4.5

CCM ribcor 28k, 30k, or 46k

Bauer nexus 4000

Warrior Covert DT4

Bauer supreme one.4 or 180

Thanks

True 4.5 is head and shoulders above the rest of those. Not sure where you're looking, but the True 5.2 pro is relatively cheap from Pure & Giant. 

52 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Without knowing your preferences this is an impossible question to answer.

I'm trying to get a stick under $100. The stick I have now is a vapor x80. I liked it, but I'm willing to change styles because I feel I can get more power using a different kick-point.

In terms of value, the true 4.5 of that list is probably the best bet. I like the value of the mid line sticks from warrior as well, but id much rather snag a Dt4lt or Dt3lt than a DT4

10 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

those were the ones I saw. I have no experience with this brand nor does anyone I play with. Are they durable?

1 hour ago, Devils26 said:

those were the ones I saw. I have no experience with this brand nor does anyone I play with. Are they durable?

My understanding is that the original A series blades are somewhat fragile, but I could be wrong.

There's a huge thread about True sticks a handful of posts down. Personally, I don't know anyone who's used one and didnt like it. Most of the negative comments I read are people who don't like sticks that don't say Bauer or Warrior. 

10 hours ago, Devils26 said:

True sticks are well balanced, great kick and as good as anything else you will use (in their comparable ranges) but the blade isn't known for its durability. Then again a lot of other sticks have blade durability questions so a lot comes down to how you use it and how well you shoot (nothing kills a blade faster than someone learning how to shoot by hammering slapshots).

There are plenty of sticks on sale at the moment, it all depends on your hand, flex, curve, kick as to what you can pick up. If you move your budget to the $120 and under range there are some damn good sticks on sale eg Monkey have Nexus 8000, Supreme 190, Warrior QR pro, AX1lt, True Euro pro. Downside with buying a top end stick is that once you start using it you will find it very hard to go back down the scale again.

5 hours ago, Vet88 said:

True sticks are well balanced, great kick and as good as anything else you will use (in their comparable ranges) but the blade isn't known for its durability. Then again a lot of other sticks have blade durability questions so a lot comes down to how you use it and how well you shoot (nothing kills a blade faster than someone learning how to shoot by hammering slapshots).

There are plenty of sticks on sale at the moment, it all depends on your hand, flex, curve, kick as to what you can pick up. If you move your budget to the $120 and under range there are some damn good sticks on sale eg Monkey have Nexus 8000, Supreme 190, Warrior QR pro, AX1lt, True Euro pro. Downside with buying a top end stick is that once you start using it you will find it very hard to go back down the scale again.

I orded a 190 from Hockey Monkey with 25% off came to $89.99.  I can confirm what Vet88 is saying though once you go top of the line its hard to go back.  I have managed to stay in top of the line sticks without spending more than $125ish a stick through pro stock on eBay/ sideline swap and close out deals on websites.

Not sure what you have in mind but for me personally, I dont like to spend big cash on sticks because I wear them out pretty quick. Beer league, pond hockey, dek , etc.... the blades dont last long. My son uses an STX  surgeon 2.0-, so i figured what the hay, Ill pick up a 2.2 and try it out for myself.  Great stick! Youll drop less than 100 bucks on it, it has good puck feel, nice flex , and the feel of the PureGrip shaft in your hand, is out of this world, great!