Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCATMAN

Cups/Jocks/Pants - 8K vs 10K vs CCM Pro vs Others??

Hi all, I'm in the market for a new cup/jock to protect the jewels. Been looking at 8K, 10K and CCM pro looking for feedback from people who have used either, both or all.

Did you like or hate them? Why?

What are the recommendations out there?

I'm currently using CCM long compression pants with the included standard flexi cup - The pants are close to end of life so figured it was time to look around. I'm open to going with another long compression pant/jock combo again or doing a mix and match between brands.

Little help please! :D

Pic links;

8K jock

10K jock

CCM Pro jock

They're all basically the same thing, 10k and the CCM just have fabric over the 8k plastic cup.

I've used both Reebok and CCM, and for me they have been the most comfortable and protective traditional style jocks I've tried.

3 hours ago, JSK81 said:

They're all basically the same thing, 10k and the CCM just have fabric over the 8k plastic cup.

I've used both Reebok and CCM, and for me they have been the most comfortable and protective traditional style jocks I've tried.

Yeah they look very similar! I was thinking the new version might have better padding and deal with sweat better etc. Do they dig into your legs at all?

It kinda looks like the 10K/CCM extends a but further under the cup where the leg straps connect? On the 8K its just a nylon strap on the base of the cup but on the 10K/CCM the cup looks to extends a bit further past and the elastic leg straps are sewn in.

It's the same plastic piece on all of them, the 10k/CCM just has fabric that extends further and the straps are sewn on.

Just go with either 10k (if you can find one for a reasonable price anymore) or the CCM. The only difference between them is branding and the color of the fabric.

The idea of the 8k was that you could replace the straps when they stretched out but good luck finding replacement straps for those these days...

I use the CCM Pro and it's very comfortable. I find it stays in place better than other styles and therefore I'm adjusting it less. Also protection wise I've never had a problem. (Knock on wood)

I've used the 8k and CCM pro. Basically the same thing, the pro just has fabric around the plastic cup. The thigh strapping is a little different from the Pro to the 8k, on the 8k it attaches to the cup it's self with laces and on the Pro it attaches to the waist band on the back side. So they do kind fit a little differently, I prefer the Pro for comfort but it does dig into my thigh a little when stretching which I didn't have from the 8k but it wasn't as comfortable and I had to adjust it a little while playing. 

I wear mine over Bauer compression pants with no issue, I cut out the strapping that came in the pants. I would suggest trying to find compression pants that fit kinda loose around your junk or have kind of like a sack, that way the cup will fit close and snug like it should.

Try and find one in a retail store vs eBay. They are way over priced on eBay!!

I have the CCM Pro and love it

super comfy and doesn't dig into legs/groin 

I wear it over Nike COMBAT compression pants w no issues 

I have the CCM Pro with the cup and like everyone said, it's great. Mine has the garters attached so that's one less thing to worry about forgetting. 

And I wear it over my udnies where it fits just fine.

I have all three. There isn't much between them but the 8k fits a little closer than the 10k or CCM Pro due to the way it's strapped. To be honest the difference is so minimal I'd go with the CCM and save the money people on eBay are wanting (I picked up my 8k a couple years ago for £18. I see them regularly fetching £60 and over)

18 hours ago, JSK81 said:

The idea of the 8k was that you could replace the straps when they stretched out but good luck finding replacement straps for those these days...

I have the Jofa version of the 8k.  Yes it stretched out but I just bought elastic online and replaced it myself. 

Awesome stuff team thanks for the advice guys! I ordered the CCM Pro and will try to report back when I get to use it.

Next challenge is to find some decent base layer pants with grip on the shins and a good junk pocket! Any suggestions in that space? Under armour seem to have the goods - Under_Armour_Purestrike_Grippy

7 hours ago, SCATMAN said:

Awesome stuff team thanks for the advice guys! I ordered the CCM Pro and will try to report back when I get to use it.

Next challenge is to find some decent base layer pants with grip on the shins and a good junk pocket! Any suggestions in that space? Under armour seem to have the goods - Under_Armour_Purestrike_Grippy

Yeah those should do the trick. If you want another option, I use the Bauer premium pants but they don't have grip on the shins.  

On 1/6/2017 at 2:40 AM, nicker87 said:

Yeah those should do the trick. If you want another option, I use the Bauer premium pants but they don't have grip on the shins.  

Mine arrived today and so far first impressions are good. I'm not used to having so much nut coverage!

Now that I've seen and worn one I think the Pro over the 8K for me was a good choice and the layer of extra padding I think does the trick! Thanks for the advice :)

Am I the only one who wears my jock UNDER my Base layer? Find it always moves and doesn't give protection in the right way as it moves independently of le junk which is trapped in a layer of lycra. This can lead to some interesting line changes.....

5 hours ago, greyskull said:

Am I the only one who wears my jock UNDER my Base layer? Find it always moves and doesn't give protection in the right way as it moves independently of le junk which is trapped in a layer of lycra. This can lead to some interesting line changes.....

That's why i like the bauer lockjock... the cup is on the inside of the compression shorts instead of the outside. Way better. 

12 hours ago, greyskull said:

I think it depends what your set up and preference is and the only way you know is by trying them out. For example I've been using compression pants with a "cup pocket" for about 10 years and have never felt uncomfortable so wearing this on top already feels different haha!!

I also tried both traditional and more modern flexi cups underneath the base layer over the years and didn't like either of them there.

15 hours ago, SCATMAN said:

Mine arrived today and so far first impressions are good. I'm not used to having so much nut coverage!

Now that I've seen and worn one I think the Pro over the 8K for me was a good choice and the layer of extra padding I think does the trick! Thanks for the advice :)

Good to hear! Yeah the 8K is a little different fit cause of the strapping where the Pro fits kinda traditionally so will make the transition a little easier.