Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MD56

Older model sticks that are still worth looking at?

This is a discussion we had in the locker room end of last season, both great sticks and have used them extensively last year but my 2 kids, me and 6 of my team mates (the others haven't used both) would say the apx2 is ahead of the Ultra Tacks.  

1 hour ago, Vet88 said:

This is a discussion we had in the locker room end of last season, both great sticks and have used them extensively last year but my 2 kids, me and 6 of my team mates (the others haven't used both) would say the apx2 is ahead of the Ultra Tacks.  

Glad to hear this because that's how I played it. Figured I have a Tacks already so might as well try something else.

On 1/10/2017 at 8:14 PM, adam14 said:

Original tacks was miles better than the ultra tacks. 

That is such a crazy statement, Ill try to be as nice as possible....

You are talking as if you are comparing a low end stick, and the Tacks. Are they both great sticks? yes they are. Do most people prefer the Ultra Tacks? Yes they do, nonetheless it does not take anything from the Tacks being a great stick. The blade feel on the Ultra, the accuracy and shooting power is one best out there, you can barely tap the puck and flies.  One thing I have noticed tho on least 4-5 sticks, is blade getting chewed up pretty fast either at the heel or toe, mine is still holding well, no cracks or anything. 

Noone cares about the Tacks really, but I still see plenty of people using and buying the Ultra Tacks at shinny, some prefer it over the Super Tacks too, like me.

A guy that is member here and reviews sticks for a living, calls is one the best sticks he ever used... It is my weapon of choice too, by far :

IMG_0463.jpg