Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I recently bought some second-hand hockey pants and there is no way I could give them back, I also wouldn't want to buy some new ones either. I am trying to figure out how to keep the pants up higher so they don't get in the way. Although I still have not found out what to do yet, any comment, answer would be great.

My helmet fits fine at the store, but when I go to practice, my temples start hurting a lot as if someone was squeezing my head super hard. The pain would start probably around 35-50 minutes in. I first had a CCM XT (forgot the size), and the pain would start earlier than the helmet I have now which is the Reebok XT medium. The Reebok one does not hurt as much, but probably will hurt the same when I use it during a game. Any comment would be great. I was thinking of cutting the EPP foam a little but read some articles saying that would void the certification. Recommendations for a wide head, probably a round head would also be great. (Best if the helmet recommendations are under $60) Also the helmets have cages.

New edit: Is there any way I could alter ski pants suspenders to fit the hockey pants?

Definitely get some suspenders for the pants like DK says. 

I had had the same issue with the CCM 8k( or what ever the heck it was labeled lol) which I'm pretty sure is a similar model to yours. I went to the Bauer ims 9 and it solved all my issues. Previously I wore the Bauer 7500 with no issues either. Check out the 7500 if you can find one, last I saw they were around 75$ and think they may have been discontinued (some one correct me if I'm wrong)  so you maybe able to get one online for a good price. Just be warned that the last couple years of that model they had some issues with the glue in the forehead padding not being strong enough so the pad would move and you may get some glue in the hair, but besides that it's a great helmet.

3 minutes ago, TcyCanucks said:

Thanks dkmiller3356 and nicker87, those comments were very helpful! Although, is there any way I could alter ski pants suspenders to fit the hockey pants? And @dkmiller3356 I am unsure of what I would ask a shoemaker to do. 

You would probably need hockey pant suspenders as the are made to loop around the buttons that are on the pants. 

1 hour ago, TcyCanucks said:

Just wondering one thing, the suspenders would work out for sure? @dkmiller3356 @nicker87

As a test, if you just use your hands can you pull up your pants high enough for your liking(leave the belt loose)? If so, then suspenders can do the same thing.

15 hours ago, TcyCanucks said:

Thanks dkmiller3356 and nicker87, those comments were very helpful! Although, is there any way I could alter ski pants suspenders to fit the hockey pants? And @dkmiller3356 I am unsure of what I would ask a shoemaker to do. 

I think a shoemaker can probably shorten your hockey pants.  A tailor cannot - their machines are not string enough.  You can also send them to George's or Peaches.  I bet they can do it too.