Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmfalcon

True xcore 9 acf

Any information on the new True Xcore 9 ACF stick?  Understand it will be released in March '17.

Currently play with True A6.0 SBP & need replacement. Curious how new Xcore 9 ACF differs from 1st iteration?  

20 hours ago, mmfalcon said:

Any information on the new True Xcore 9 ACF stick?  Understand it will be released in March '17.

Currently play with True A6.0 SBP & need replacement. Curious how new Xcore 9 ACF differs from 1st iteration?  

Appreciate the interest!  The new XC9 was lightened up a bit;  however,  some material was added to give it some more strength.   The blade was lightened up as well and a second BRT was added.  The thing about this stick I noticed is that it feels much lighter and that can be attributed to dialing in the swing weight.  These were all minor tweaks that in their totality made for a very nicely refined stick-  Brian took a stick that has a really strong following and made it better.  Always frustrating when you have a stick that alot of players like and the engineers / marketing team changes it.

They brought back the TC3 Pattern and added MC2 ( pm9 ).  It also comes down from $299 in Sr to $279.99 Sr.  The remainder of the line received many of the same tweaks and every price point feels very nice.  I don't think they really wanted to change it too much since many players really like the stick.  In my experience in this industry anytime you see big flashy changes or new awesome sauce buzzwords it really speaks volumes about the previous efforts.  Hope this helps!

31 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Appreciate the interest!  The new XC9 was lightened up a bit;  however,  some material was added to give it some more strength.   The blade was lightened up as well and a second BRT was added.  The thing about this stick I noticed is that it feels much lighter and that can be attributed to dialing in the swing weight.  These were all minor tweaks that in their totality made for a very nicely refined stick-  Brian took a stick that has a really strong following and made it better.  Always frustrating when you have a stick that alot of players like and the engineers / marketing team changes it.

They brought back the TC3 Pattern and added MC2 ( pm9 ).  It also comes down from $299 in Sr to $279.99 Sr.  The remainder of the line received many of the same tweaks and every price point feels very nice.  I don't think they really wanted to change it too much since many players really like the stick.  In my experience in this industry anytime you see big flashy changes or new awesome sauce buzzwords it really speaks volumes about the previous efforts.  Hope this helps!

Is this for the XC7 and XC5 ACF, and will we see a third price point Junior stick?

5 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Is this for the XC7 and XC5 ACF, and will we see a third price point Junior stick?

XC7 will be SR only;  however,  XC5 will have SR, Int 58 and JR 30 Flex.

Not sure what you mean by " Is this for ? "

5 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Always frustrating when you have a stick that alot of players like and the engineers / marketing team changes it.

I don't think they really wanted to change it too much since many players really like the stick.  In my experience in this industry anytime you see big flashy changes or new awesome sauce buzzwords it really speaks volumes about the previous efforts.

Bingo! If the product performs and players are happy with it, why overhaul it? The only justification I see is if the product starts getting worse relative to competitors, but I think the technological advances in stick tech in the past decade have been overstated.

The engineers make changes because that is what they are paid to do, find ways to improve the product. The marketers are paid to find a way to get more consumers to buy the product. Leaving any piece of equipment at status quo for too long leaves a company lagging behind the competition and ripe for failure.

Of course you need to continually improve hence my refinement remarks.  What I was trying to elaborate on is that I have seen many times where the kick point was tweaked and the players that loved the previous model are now alienated.

Zac911

Appreciate the insights. I really do like the light swing weight of the A6.0 SBP. That was one of the deciding factors in my first go-around on the True sticks.

Curious if the tweaking of the new Xcore9 ACF results in a lower total weight, or simply adjusts the "feel" through repositioning of the swing weight balance point.  

In either case, sounds like the 2gen is going to be a solid choice for me to try in this next round. 

Appreciate your comments.  Thanks.

Just now, mmfalcon said:

Zac911

Appreciate the insights. I really do like the light swing weightvof the A6.0 SBP. That was one of the deciding factors in my first go-around on the True sticks.

Vurious if the tweaking of the new Xcore9 ACF results in a lower total weight, or simply adjusts the "feel" through repositioning of the swing weight balance point.  

In either case, sounds like the 2gen is going to be a solid choice for me to try in this next round. 

Appreciate your comments.  Thanks.

The stick is physically lighter at 415 grams,  but also feels lighter... Hard to really put into words without it sounding repetitive / redundant but when you pick one up you will notice how much lighter it feels in your bottom hand.  Something along the lines of " the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts " seems fitting.

Is the dampening system on the blade still going to be exposed on the ACF? If there was one thing I didn't like about the XC9, which I'll be honest, was only one thing, it was the exposure of the dampening system on the bottom of the blade. Being predominantly a roller hockey player who hates taping the bottom of his blade, that was my biggest gripe with the XC9. I loved everything about it, except for the fact that the bottom of the blade created drag during shots which I was not a fan of.

2 hours ago, EBondo said:

Is the dampening system on the blade still going to be exposed on the ACF? If there was one thing I didn't like about the XC9, which I'll be honest, was only one thing, it was the exposure of the dampening system on the bottom of the blade. Being predominantly a roller hockey player who hates taping the bottom of his blade, that was my biggest gripe with the XC9. I loved everything about it, except for the fact that the bottom of the blade created drag during shots which I was not a fan of.

I did ask Brian about this. 2 things came up-  1st being that they did test an enclosed core and it did not work nearly as well as the exposed bottom for dampening properties.  2nd was that Easton ( and now bauer ) owns the patent on a sealed dampening object in the blade ( Si-Core ). 

Zac911

Regarding your comment about enclosing the Blade Damper at the foot of the blade, curious if taping (with either white or black) adversely affects performance, by insulating the puck from the insert, or conversely increases the dampening effect.  Seems as if the increase would be a logical expectation. 

5 hours ago, mmfalcon said:

Zac911

Regarding your comment about enclosing the Blade Damper at the foot of the blade, curious if taping (with either white or black) adversely affects performance, by insulating the puck from the insert, or conversely increases the dampening effect.  Seems as if the increase would be a logical expectation. 

It should be fine.  Having the bottom open really allows the core to do it's job versus if it was sealed up inside the blade.  Putting tape over it should have little to no effect.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:22 PM, Zac911 said:

XC7 will be SR only;  however,  XC5 will have SR, Int 58 and JR 30 Flex.

Not sure what you mean by " Is this for ? "

The upgrades you talked about in your first post. (TC3 and MC2 curves, second BRT, lower swing weight, more strength material.) 

Thanks for answering my question though. However, does "Int 58" mean that the INT sticks will be 58 inches, or have a 58 flex offering?

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

The upgrades you talked about in your first post. (TC3 and MC2 curves, second BRT, lower swing weight, more strength material.) 

Thanks for answering my question though. However, does "Int 58" mean that the INT sticks will be 58 inches, or have a 58 flex offering?

The Int 68 Flex is 58 inches tall and $259.99 and the 58 Flex is 56 inches tall and $239.99 

8 hours ago, Zac911 said:

The Int 68 Flex is 58 inches tall and $259.99 and the 58 Flex is 56 inches tall and $239.99 

Ok, that answers my question. I would assume that these are for the XC9, but what about the XC5?

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Ok, that answers my question. I would assume that these are for the XC9, but what about the XC5?

XC5 Int will be $119.99 -  Available only in 58 Flex and 56" tall.

I'll be keen to try this with a TC3 and 85 flex. I've got the XCORE9 with a TC4 and 95 flex but feels it noticeably heavier than other sticks I use especially in the blade. It just felt like "something is off".

For reference I'm comparing this to A6.0, A5.2, 1N, 1S in 95 flex; Reckoner and Supertacks in 85 flex and I tape all sticks identically.

5 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

Ok. Why 58 flex? 

I cannot provide the exact reasoning behind this as I was not involved in the decision making process;  however,  I have seen other mfg's offer the softer flex only in the opening price point.  

5 hours ago, Davideo said:

Will the MC2 be brought to other lines (and hopefully even blades)?

Can't say for sure;  however,  I have had a few key dealers book the 6.0,  5.2 and 4.5 SBP line with MC2 patterns.