Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

NHL Awards At The Half

I think there is an argument that McDavid has been more valuable to the  Oilers than Crosby has been to the Penguins.  If Crosby misses the first half of the season the Penguins are still a playoff team.  If McDavid misses the first half the Oilers are in the running for the first overall pick again.  So based on the Hart being "most valuable" not "best player", I'm going with McDavid.

32 minutes ago, Neal said:

I think there is an argument that McDavid has been more valuable to the  Oilers than Crosby has been to the Penguins.  If Crosby misses the first half of the season the Penguins are still a playoff team.  If McDavid misses the first half the Oilers are in the running for the first overall pick again.  So based on the Hart being "most valuable" not "best player", I'm going with McDavid.

Right, and I agree. But we all know that's not how it is actually awarded.

Hart Trophy candidates shouldn't be penalized for playing on good teams. Otherwise, the Hart would always go to the best player on a playoff bubble team every season.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:20 AM, Neal said:

So based on the Hart being "most valuable" not "best player"

But going on that doesnt Carey price win this award every year...

9 minutes ago, bnr032 said:

...he might if you base it on watching only Canadiens games. Although this season, Canadiens are doing pretty good even when Price is in the bench. 

1 hour ago, bnr032 said:

Right, but since they dont go on that... no problem.