Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kobentino

Jersey Tron Uniforms

Hey guys. I need to order some new jerseys for my team. I have ordered Hespeler gear from Jersey Tron in the past and I've been very happy with it. However, the difference in style of play between my beer league team and my five year old's team is...okay, bad example.

Just wondering if they are durable and will last a while. We play in Japan and they are very reasonable with shipping so I'd like to go with them if the quality is up to snuff.

Thoughts?

Beer league in Japan? That's awesome. How many teams in the league? Is there a lot of players out there?

Anyways, I have DJ-200 jersey that's my go to jersey for pick up games. Used for about 3 years now and still holding up well. The material is a bit more light weight and stretch-ey than some other brands but it's been durable so far. The fit is a bit on tight side - especially in the shoulder - so pick the size accordingly. For reference, I'm 5'-10" 32 waist and medium fits me snug.

1 hour ago, start_today said:

I always open these threads hoping that someone is designing jereseys based on the suits in the movie Tron, and I'm always disappointed. 

It's the only Tron I'd go anywhere near ;) 

3 hours ago, start_today said:

I always open these threads hoping that someone is designing jereseys based on the suits in the movie Tron, and I'm always disappointed. 

Geeky Jerseys did one, if I remember correctly.  It seems to have disappeared from their site, though.

I also have been using a DJ-200 Tron jersey on and off for about 3-4 years at pick up.  They are decent quality and depending on how often you play and how competitive your league is they could hold up.  I would say the DJ-200 might be slightly better quality to a cheap CCM practice jersey http://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_10200_Practice_Hockey_Jersey_Black_Sr_/descpage-CPJBK.html .  

1 hour ago, strosedefence34 said:

I also have been using a DJ-200 Tron jersey on and off for about 3-4 years at pick up.  They are decent quality and depending on how often you play and how competitive your league is they could hold up.  I would say the DJ-200 might be slightly better quality to a cheap CCM practice jersey http://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_10200_Practice_Hockey_Jersey_Black_Sr_/descpage-CPJBK.html .  

Those CCM jerseys are fantastic for us goalies. Nice and light and stretchy!

On 13/01/2017 at 11:30 AM, 218hockey said:

Ya, I don't know anything about the jerseys but I'd love to hear more about the Japanese beer leaguer's.

Seems to be the case that jersey tron isn't the best, but it will last. The local guy wants USD 130 for a jersey - no socks - so I'm trying to find us a better deal which shouldn't be hard...

"Beer league" is a misnomer here - the only times available for ice are normally 10pm or later (We have sessions that start at half past midnight), and everyone has to drive. With drinking and driving laws as strict as they are here, nobody is willing to risk having a beer, playing a game, and then driving home. Also due to late times, trains and busses normally stop by then so public transport is out of the question, and showing up with a bunch of guys at a bar with hockey bags....not gonna make many friends that way!

The game here is tough to compare to North America for me - I have lived here so long that I don't have a point of reference any longer. The league, as most social societies, tends to be a bit on the strict side, but it's considered normal here:  a team has to accept you (to see if you fit in) and you have to pay an entrance fee to the league (about 30 bucks in my case) but it depends on the league. As far as teams are concerned, it depends on where you live. If you live in a bigger city like Tokyo or Osaka, there are lots more teams. As in America, the further north you go, the more popular the sport is so there are likely a lot of teams up there. When there are more teams, there are more ability levels - A being the top, B, c, and so on.

In my little leauge, there are only three teams. We play some practice games against local colleges as well, but considering that there are no playoffs due to the lack of teams, I don't particularly see the difference. One thing I've noticed here is that the foreigners in the league (there are almost ALWAYS foreigners) tend to have gear that they used from when they were in their younger playing days. I played until around junior high and started up again as an overweight 33 year old, so I needed mostly new gear. The locals have a tendency to like to go out and buy the newest coolest best looking stuff. I'm quite happy with used gear so I can rely on Yahoo Auctions for that!

Hockey shops are few and far between. Most of the shops here are more geared towards figure skating, and they really don't know how to sharpen hockey skates or a goddam thing about hockey gear in general. I've had to do lots of research to make sure I got the right gear. One guy near where I live has a hockey shop, but his sharpener is an automatic machine and I feel like his stone isn't wide enough - I always have a dull outside or inside edge it seems. Furthermore he doesn't keep a decent stock of gear. You can't try on a bunch of different skates because he probably only has 20 or 25 pairs in the entirety of his shop, so getting my desperately needed new skates has been a challenge. I may have to go to a larger shop in Tokyo (3 hours away and 300 bucks to get there and back!) just to try on a few different pairs to find one I like!

It's not an easy game to play here so you really have to be willing to commit to it. My kid plays and she loves taking her hockey bag places because it's a chance for her to show off. She walks around with an attitude of "I do something that you wouldn't dream of doing because I'm tougher than you!" She's only 5...

The usual complaint with Tron jerseys, socks and bags is that they rip easily.

if you're interested in custom jerseys that are fully stitched and embroidered for quite a bit less than you were quoted, check out Rebirth Sports. A few of us on the forum have jerseys from them and they are fantastic and by far the best value for the money I've found.

Thanks. Again, lots of players here like to try their best to have the "look" of an NHL player, so they'll be willing to pay a bit more. But yeah, I'm just trying to get around the local guy. He's absolutely hosing us!

19 hours ago, Kobentino said:

Seems to be the case that jersey tron isn't the best, but it will last. The local guy wants USD 130 for a jersey - no socks - so I'm trying to find us a better deal which shouldn't be hard...

I just ordered a team set of dye sublimated custom jerseys from a factory in China.  I hooked up with them through Alibaba.  Cost.  $23 per jersey.

They were good to work with and communication via WhatsApp was a challenge but effective.  They ship out today and I should get them next week.

for what its worth, they have a few extra sets of the tron jerseys at the inline rink I play at. the guy who runs the team I play on, also runs the rink, and has us use them for games. they have held up for a few seasons now with no issues. As far as performance, they run a bit hotter than I thought they would, but otherwise ok. they take quite a bit of abuse and have held up well. for a budget jersey, you could do much worse.