Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SipHockey

CCM Resistance Line

Can someone help me understand the differences between Resistance vs Resistance 300 vs Resistance 110 vs Resistance 100?

The resistance and resistance 300 look identical, and the 110 looks like the 100 with vn-colored tan foam instead of gray.

Most likely differences in materials, adjustability, durability, comfort, etc.

Sorry if I'm just pointing out the obvious. Lol

The 2015 Catalog - posted on MSH here = http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/189-2015-ccm-hockey-catalogue/  has a good description of the differences between the 3.  the Resistance  has an improved liner that the 300 doesn't have.  The others lose the tool free adjustment and have different foams.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:25 PM, SipHockey said:

Can someone help me understand the differences between Resistance vs Resistance 300 vs Resistance 110 vs Resistance 100?

The resistance and resistance 300 look identical, and the 110 looks like the 100 with vn-colored tan foam instead of gray.

ALL - Resistance Shell

RES - R.E.D. System with multi-density pods and a comfort liner

300 - R.E.D. System with VN foam and a comfort liner

110 - VN Foam with Beige comfort liner

100 (discontinued) - Black VN Foam

All the helmets feel differently than each other in terms of the density of foams surrounding your head (Resistance feels firmer than the 300 which feels firmer to the 110 to most people) while maintaining the same overall dimensions in each model.

Good luck with your helmet search!

To add to the previous comments, I don't remember what size I tried but I found the Resistance fit a bit wider than the Resistance 300, so for me the 300 fit better. Best to try them on if possible before choosing one.