Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

How does a company with 70%.......

1 hour ago, DarkStar50 said:

of the skate market run out of replacement steel in all the most popular sizes in the middle of January?

ummmm.........because they're the most popular sizes?

They have a track record of running out of basic products. Helmets has been a traditional item that eluded their forecasting. I don't remember Goodyear or Firestone running out of tires. 

9 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Earlier, some complained about Bauer making too much product. Now they are complaining Bauer is not making enough product. 

Mostly people just like to complain ;)

It's actually a valid complaint since size 212 and 221 are only available aftermarket as LS2.  At least you have options like LS3 and LS4 for bigger sizes.

Excess inventory is the bane of retail. Its a fine balance of making enough to satisfy demand vs too much where you're losing money on products sitting in a warehouse.

Middle of January also seems like a reasonable time to run out of product, it would be surprising if it happened in the off season when no one's playing.

Also easier @70% market share: that's a massive demand in the mean area of the size distribution. Add to that the difficulties Bauer's had this season with the brand-dominoes falling and their accounting difficulties. It's not as surprising there'd be shortages visible at some seams. As much as I'd love another reason to knock Bauer, this seems understandable, if still ridiculously frustrating. It's not supposed to happen, but simply running out does happen at times.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, DarkStar50 said:

They have a track record of running out of basic products. Helmets has been a traditional item that eluded their forecasting. I don't remember Goodyear or Firestone running out of tires. 

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/06/automakers-complain-about-tire-shortage/1#.WIfQpYWcGAg   no industry is immune from a supply shortage, especially one that is undergoing such a change.

Why didn't you (or your local store) book more at the beginning of the season instead of waiting until they ran out and then trying to get restocked?

Hells bells, if I knew half the product Bauer was going to run out of 100% of the time, I never would have gotten in this business.

On 1/27/2017 at 6:05 AM, DarkStar50 said:

Hells bells, if I knew half the product Bauer was going to run out of 100% of the time, I never would have gotten in this business.

This doesn't explain how you managed to not book enough of the product in the first place...

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but Bauer not having the stock you ran out of is only half the problem in this situation.

How I manage my business is my business. I'm still in it after 35 years with all it's ups and downs.  I just find a ridiculous irony in the dominant company in skates being out of product for the next 3-4 months in the middle of the season. I can deal with it and am not sweating it.   After all, I'm not the business in bankruptcy.