Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SipHockey

Easton Magnum Skates?

Hey guys,

Figured as a little project I would convert a pair of ice skates to roller and try to keep it as cheap as possible. I found a pair of really well priced, new condition Easton Magnum skates in my size, and was wondering if anyone had any info on these? I know they are from at lease 10 years ago, but I would just be using these for the boot and since these roller hockey skates will just be used for messing around, don't need anything cutting edge. So I guess my question is were the Easton Magnums decent skates in their day?

Also if anyone has any tips on the conversion process feel free to add that as well.

No way; these are soft beginner level skates. I believe they're an SMU for Walmart. And I've never seen a pair of skates BNIB so mangled and misaligned than I did one day when this family brought in their child's skate to show me at the shop. Avoid.

2 hours ago, AIREAYE said:

No way; these are soft beginner level skates. I believe they're an SMU for Walmart. And I've never seen a pair of skates BNIB so mangled and misaligned than I did one day when this family brought in their child's skate to show me at the shop. Avoid.

Thanks man! Saved me some money and disappointment. Any recommendation on some older skate models that can be had for cheap on ebay/etc that might be good for this purpose?