Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NashvillePreds

Best value stick on the market

Just shattered my Winwell GX8 and it looks like they don't make them any more. :( They apparently make a similar 485g stick but want $130 USD on the website...

So what's the best bang for buck stick out there these days? Looking to spend $75-$100 USD, the less the better, just using it for beer league. Looking for something similar curve to the Sakic/Hall/E3

Thanks!

If closeout deals aren't finding you anything to your liking, and you are just looking at current MSRP sticks, if you can spend a little more, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better bang for your buck stick than the True a4.5 SBP at 139.99.  However, that't just my choice if you are excluding clearance deals.  I find that now is a great time to find a good stick on the cheap on a lot of websites, barring they have a flex, curve, and kickpoint that you like.

If you'd be able to splurge an extra $40 or so, the TRUE A4.5 SBP is a GREAT value for your money. I'm using one myself and love it! I also posted a review up on the MSH review forum of it if you're interested.

You get a true 1 piece construction over the typical 2 piece fused construction of a stick in that price range.

Thanks fellas. A bit more than I am willing to spend. My days of >$100 is well past. Found a deal on a T90 undercover slimfit for ~$50. I know T90s have been considered a pretty value stick for sometime...this still the case? 

Thanks again.

29 minutes ago, NashvillePreds said:

Thanks fellas. A bit more than I am willing to spend. My days of >$100 is well past. Found a deal on a T90 undercover slimfit for ~$50. I know T90s have been considered a pretty value stick for sometime...this still the case? 

Thanks again.

You could do a lot worse than a T90 at 50.00.  It's still better than any other 59.99 MSRP stick on the market.  If it fits your budget, and has all the parameters you want, pull the trigger.

Howdy,

HockeyMonkey has True XCore 7's on a mild clearance ($130 I think?), plus 20% off.

Me being me, I'm waiting for a bigger discount or free shipping, but that's still a pretty good deal I think...  I've been super impressed with the way my True A4.5 stick (also on clearance at HM for $110, plus 20% off, but only in lefts) feels/plays, but it seems to have picked up a lot of chips/voids/whatever pretty quickly so I think I'm going to get a 'next iteration' stick like the XCore or the SBP next.

Mark

another vote for the True A4.5, great stick

i use an intermediate stick, and its a very light stick at that pricepoint. The Bauer S180s i also use (again in intermediate) are more expensive in terms of price point, but heavier.

What do you like in a stick, low kick point or mid, whippy or stiff, etc.? What style do you play? Do you prefer slapshots or wristers?

Personal preference can play a lot into whether you like a stick or not. Hand one person a $50 stick and they think it's junk. Hand it to another person, and they think it's a dream. As others have mentioned, if you look at older model sticks, you can find great deals on higher end and mid tier sticks.

For me, I love Warrior sticks, specifically the QR/QRL line. The Warrior QR line is the older model and you can find the QR3 and QR4 on clearance for around $55ish.  But these low-kick sticks are for people who prefer wrist and snap shots. And they tend to feel more whippy when compared to similar specs from other brands. 

If you like slappers, check out the RBZ 260. The RBZ line has a lot of pop of the blade, and tends to feel more stiff than other brands. I think they price out to around $75ish. 

I also like the CCM Ribcores. They're low kick sticks like the QR line, but aren't as whippy. A Ribcore 44k prices around $55ish too. 

I'm a big fan of the hockeymonkey mystery stick deal. For $75 you get a random stick worth up to $150. I mean if you are flexible and willing to Gamble on curves and flex it's the best bang for your buck. 

5 hours ago, NashvillePreds said:

QR's sound interesting. Hardly ever take slappers so could work out. I guess the Henrique pattern is closest to the E3? Thanks again!

Yep, Henrique would be the closest to E3. It's what I use. 

Also, forgot to mention, if you absolutely cannot go over $100, the all black hockey sticks are a good as well. 

I've had 2, and they're nice sticks, but the puck feel between that stick and the A4.5 SBP I have now is night and day difference.

On January 23, 2017 at 10:49 AM, NashvillePreds said:

Thanks again.

get the T90, unreal value 

On 1/23/2017 at 5:19 PM, kyleo29 said:

I'm a big fan of the hockeymonkey mystery stick deal. For $75 you get a random stick worth up to $150. I mean if you are flexible and willing to Gamble on curves and flex it's the best bang for your buck. 

Have you tried this? What did you end up with?

I've always assumed it would be whatever out there stock that no one else wanted. 

9 hours ago, MD56 said:

Have you tried this? What did you end up with?

I've always assumed it would be whatever out there stock that no one else wanted. 

I have tried it, and you are sort of correct in your assumption. They usually give you last year models or pro stock options. The most recent stick I got was an Easton htx 85 flex e36.  I think it's well worth the 75 bucks. But I like to change my flex and curve frequently so I don't mind not knowing what I'm getting. All personal preference

3 hours ago, kyleo29 said:

I have tried it, and you are sort of correct in your assumption. They usually give you last year models or pro stock options. The most recent stick I got was an Easton htx 85 flex e36.  I think it's well worth the 75 bucks. But I like to change my flex and curve frequently so I don't mind not knowing what I'm getting. All personal preference

An E36-85 is actually much more mainstream that I would have thought. I was thinking for sure you were going to say  some crazy one-off pro curve in a 65 flex or something like that. 

I just got a Easton Stealth CX-ST from Hockey Monkey for $89 using a 20% promo code. It's a great low kick stick and normally prices around $129 I believe. It was a 100 Flex E36 pattern but I have found Easton sticks to be a bit more whippy as far as their flex goes so the 100 Flex works for me. Other brands like CCM and Bauer, I would normally go around the 85 or 87 Flex respectively. 

I also agree with Puckpilot on the RBZ260. It's a great stick at a budget friendly price. I got one of those in a LHS for $109 over the summer and I just snapped it this past week. The pop off the blade on that stick is incredible. If you can find the pattern and flex you like, you should be able to find this twig around the $79ish range.

I just pulled the trigger on the Mystery stick from HM and with the ALLSTAR15 promo code the price was right. Kind of excited to see what I get. Im new to hockey so I don't really know what blade pattern or flex suits me yet so Im willing to try anything at this point.