Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HarpGuy

CCM RBZ Width E vs. Nexus 8000 D Width?

So I tried on Nexus 8000's today and they fit pretty good but were a little tight in the forefoot. I think baking might alleviate most, if not all of that. 

I was looking online and saw RBZ's in the same size, but with a width of E. 

I know the Nexus is Bauer's widest, and the RBZ is one of CCM's most narrow. So the questions I have are:

Has anyone tried both this year's Nexus in D and the RBZ in E? 

and also should I order the RBZ's just to try them on? 

Oh yeah the RBZ's are on clearance and are $100 less. 

Don't have a perfect answer for you but it might help. I just got new skates. While dialling in on proper sizing. I found I fit Supreme S190 EE and Nexus N9000 D.

The Supremes were a little snug but baking and skating on them a few times got rid of that. But went with the Nexus skate because was getting lace bite from Supremes. The Nexus was a little roomy around the toes but I addressed that by putting in some inserts to fill up the space above my toes. 

Hopefully this gives you some comparables to work with. FYI I also wear size 4.5 juniors but I'm an adult. 

I believe when they were still RBZ's they were considered the widest CCM skateline, then that changed when they changed the line to Jetspeeds.

If I remember correctly the RBZ skates might have had issues with the rivets coming out very easily.  Don't quote me on that though.  If you're in the market for new skates, and are checking out Bauer a Supreme D is really an E.

Yeah I saw that too about the rivets and some toecap cracks. Sucks. I went to the shop again today and tried a bunch of skates on and came out of there even more confused. I hate skate shopping.