Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

streak

Big head!!!

So, I have a pretty big head. I wear a Bauer 4500 XL maxed out. I have a fitted ball cap that is size 8.

Who makes the biggest bucket out there and what model?

Thanks,

Looks like the Warrior Krown comes in a XL as well.  But that has a round shape according to IW, where your 5100 has an oval.  Where are you feeling the helmet is too tight?

8 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

Looks like the Warrior Krown comes in a XL as well.  But that has a round shape according to IW, where your 5100 has an oval.  Where are you feeling the helmet is too tight?

look at THIS guy, giving gear advice already     ...See you at Summer Jam @krisdrum   :D

LOL, I should attach a warning label to all my posts.  WARNING: I am new to hockey, take any advice with a BIG grain of salt. 

However, I will say I am a gear slut from way back. 

It fits fine, it's just that I may need to replace it. Thanks, I will try the Krown. And I think Warrior actually won some safety awards!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, streak said:

It fits fine, it's just that I may need to replace it. Thanks, I will try the Krown. And I think Warrior actually won some safety awards!

Thanks!

If you're talking about the Virginia Tech helmet study, it's been hotly debated and debunked by some. Apparently, the test was somewhat limited.

9 minutes ago, icewalker_bg said:

Cannot even put my head in a 4500 its so tight everywhere, especially sides. Used L/XL until I met the Re-AKT. I am a medium in the Re-AKT. 

Oh wow! The Re-AKT fits bigger than the 4500? Cool! Thanks!

Re-AKT from 4500 sounds like a head shape issue.  2 different fits.  1 is round, 1 is oval.  I was having a hard time with a 2100 (oval) I grabbed cheap so I could do stick and puck with my son, so picked up an IMS 5.0 (round) and problem solved.  

I have a huge head and currently use the Bauer 5100. Not a huge fan. Thinking about trying something new, just hard to find something that fits. When I was kid I used the old Jofa!

4 hours ago, krisdrum said:

Re-AKT from 4500 sounds like a head shape issue.  2 different fits.  1 is round, 1 is oval.  I was having a hard time with a 2100 (oval) I grabbed cheap so I could do stick and puck with my son, so picked up an IMS 5.0 (round) and problem solved.  

Thats why you should always try every helmet you can, and never cheap out. We can argue all day what is best, in the end, like you say its your head shape that matters. 

I have a warrior krown 360 and it fits my big head good.  I cant even find a bauer that is semi comfotable to wear and some CCMs will fit.