Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Utterkaos94

Ultra Tacks vs Nexus 1000 pants

I've currently got Easton Stealth 75S II pants, and am looking for some pants with better protection. I've been looking at the Ultra Tacks and Nexus 1000, and can get each of them for roughly the same price. Does anyone have any experience comparing the two pants? Also, is the liner in the Ultra Tacks as good as the Thermo Max in the Nexus 1000? I couldn't find much info on what it is. Thanks

I know u posted this 6 months ago, but what did you eventually go with and/or what did u learn? 

I'm in a similar boat deciding between comparable Tacks vs Nexus pants.

THANKS

I have the Nexus 1000 pants, and must say they offer excellent protection, and a CLASSIC style fit.  I ditched my old X7.0 vapors because of that restricted taper.

The 1000s offer a wider thigh fit, straight sides (untapered)  and larger openings that are adjustable too.   If you prefer a looser, classic fit, look no further than the Nexus series.

4 minutes ago, Zorlac said:

I have the Nexus 1000 pants, and must say they offer excellent protection, and a CLASSIC style fit.  I ditched my old X7.0 vapors because of that restricted taper.

The 1000s offer a wider thigh fit, straight sides (untapered)  and larger openings that are adjustable too.   If you prefer a looser, classic fit, look no further than the Nexus series.

I just got my Nexus 800 pants about a week ago and I can echo your sentiment about the fit. I feel much less restricted than I was in my Missions, but they still feel snug to the point where I know they'll stay on, something my last pants were not great about. The protection seems pretty legit too but I haven't used them in a game yet.

4 minutes ago, Zorlac said:

I just got my Nexus 800 pants about a week ago and I can echo your sentiment about the fit. I feel much less restricted than I was in my Missions, but they still feel snug to the point where I know they'll stay on, something my last pants were not great about. The protection seems pretty legit too but I haven't used them in a game yet.

I did recently order a pair of the 800s simply because they are less of "tanks" than the 1000s.  Can't wait to try them out..

I too feel that they are less restrictive than other pants I've had.

Yeah I went with Nexus 800's too....they feel great & have been solid in a few games now.

Being curious though, I cant help but wonder how the similarly priced Tacks feel, since they are CCM's "traditional fit" pants too.

Only Nexus 1000 here. Overall I'm really happy with them.

I took a really hard slapshot high on the front hip and felt nothing but the impact. About 2 weeks ago I got a slapshot in the worst place: The tight part between the padding on the hips. It hurt and I got a impact cut & bruise, but nothing to stop playing or report an injury.

The stretchy fabric is breaking down on mine.

Good for skating as I leave the zippers open.

I had Nexus 800s and Tacks 6092 pants. I wore both around the house for a while to get a feel for them so I could return one. I ended up returning the Nexus 800s and didn't regret it one bit. The Tacks were lightweight, moved well, and were very protective. I got hit with a couple shots and didn't feel much. I currently wear CCM HP45Xs, and personally I like them much better than pro stock Nexus. I liked the belt on the Nexus way better, but the high spine protector got annoying. It interfered with my shoulder pads. Also, the stretchy material between the legs on the Nexus pro stocks wore down quickly and frayed, while my CCMs don't have any issues like that.

For years I was a Bauer guy. Now I basically have CCM head to toe, minus skates. I'm still in Vapors. Everything CCM released in the past year or so has been outstanding. Tacks 310 helmet, Super Tacks elbows/shoulders, Ultra Tacks Pro shins, RBZ 360 stick.