Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles83

Gear Storage Ideas

Hey, I am looking to set up a storage area for all my gear and have been looking to see what's out there. There are some storage lockers which look cool and would do the trick, but only for the primary gear. Does anyone have any experience with or have any thoughts on a nice ventilated drawer system that could house shells and gloves? Thinking of something like a ventilated bureau. Thanks for all opinions!

I invested in a Rocket Sport Dryer and am finding that it's a perfect place to store my equipment in between sessions.  It's not going to hold spare equipment and the collection of random stuff but I thought I was going to need some sort of large dedicated storage system and it simply hasn't been the case so far.

Rocket Dryer now makes a larger cabinet they're calling the Rocket Locker.  It's pricey though.

There are versions of the same thing on Amazon for cheaper, two brands i've seen are Dr Dry and Manatee.  Look around there.  I took the dryer unit from my Rocket Dryer and put it in the bottom of a zip up wardrobe from Ikea.  It works great.

Not necessarily concerned with the "drying" aspect at all; ventilated enclosures would work just fine. As for the housing itself, I was looking for something a bit more aesthetically pleasing if possible; this way the garage doesn't look like a big pile of gear. Something with ventilated drawers or doors would be really nice. Not sure if there is anything out there, although i would think there would have to be; perhaps just not labeled as a hockey item.

20 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

Rocket Dryer now makes a larger cabinet they're calling the Rocket Locker.  It's pricey though.

There are versions of the same thing on Amazon for cheaper, two brands i've seen are Dr Dry and Manatee.  Look around there.  I took the dryer unit from my Rocket Dryer and put it in the bottom of a zip up wardrobe from Ikea.  It works great.

Great idea!!!  

I use a shelving system from Container Store called InterMetro:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/shelving/intermetro/best-selling-intermetro-solutions/123

I have a shelf at the top where I keep helmets. originally the next shelf was about halfway down so that I could hang my pants (I had about 5 pair) but I've switched to girdle and shells so now it houses extra girdles and I stack the shells (I probably have about 40 shells at this point), under that is a basket shelf where I store some of my extra gloves. there is one more shelf at the bottom where I keep extra skates, skate dryers and extra elbow pads.

I keep it inside a Stor-Pod cover:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/shelving/intermetro/best-selling-intermetro-solutions/intermetro-special-offer-unit-with-stor-pod-enclosure/123d?productId=11003789

this was especially useful when we were having some work done in the basement. we were able to roll the entire unit into the laundry room and zip it up to keep out dust from the work that was going on.

here's a pic from right after we finished the work on the basement. (this was when I still had pants) I forget how much the total unit was but it was worth every. single. penny.

B0F72AB1-9B77-4277-8BC2-190A229F1B2A_zps

I took the double sliding wardrobe in the spare room and just filled it with hockey stuff ( try and get pictures later) but I put the rocket sports dryer at the right and these kind of mesh cabinets from ikea on the left so I can keep jerseys, socks, tape etc in those and put my spare skates on top roller hockey stuff at the bottom. And lean the sticks against the side of this cabinet.

I use a Rocket Dryer.... it dries my gear reducing stink, is about 100.. and I leave my gear in it until I need it.homerun-rocket-sports-accessories-heated

I found a good deal on some boot dryers and bought three of them to house my equipment. The heat can be turned off for skates, etc.

IMG_2106_zpsbh52jhfm.jpg

IMG_2109_zpsmykiz6wc.jpg