Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaundizzle15

Pond Hockey Gear Sled

Just like the title says, any of the pond hockey players here use a sled to haul their teams gear to and from the rinks? The UP Pond Hockey Championships (St Ignace, MI) are being held on a smaller lake this year and it was recommended to bring a sled for our gear for the walk. I was just wondering if any of you have made a sled for this purpose or if you have a picture of your rig? Thanks

You may be over thinking it. You could just get a sled ice fisherman or duck hunters use and call it a day. They are long and have sides that are about a foot high you should be able to pile a bunch of hockey bags/coolers in it.

One brand is Jet Sled, you can see them at Cabela's or any other hunting/fishing place.

I play in the New England Pond Hockey Classic every year. 

You see a ton of guys with just regular kids sleds.  As well as the bigger ones that ice fisherman use (as mentioned prior).  Most people just carry a couple sticks and their bags though. 

I'd say the furthest we ever have to walk is a quarter mile though.  How far will you be walking with your gear?

Yeah we play in this one every year as well. This is the first year it's being moved to a different lake, apparently it's about a half mile walk each way and my team is lazy. It's pond hockey we didn't come to exercise 🍺🍺🍺