Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jratcl13

Super Tacks Team Stick

Quick question for anyone who might know, what is the difference between the super tacks and super tacks team stick. Am looking at picking one up as they are on sale on hockey monkey eu for about half price. 

Is it the same stick with more material so its more resistant to slashes? Also, is it comparable to the 6092 as that is also on sale and am considering that if there isn't much difference. 

http://www.monkeysports.uk/hockey/hockey-sticks/senior-comp-sticks/ccm-super-tacks-grip-sr-hockey-stick

http://www.monkeysports.uk/hockey/hockey-sticks/senior-comp-sticks/ccm-super-tacks-team-grip-sr-hockey-stick

http://www.monkeysports.uk/hockey/hockey-sticks/senior-comp-sticks/ccm-tacks-6092-grip-sr-hockey-stick

Thank Guys

"Team" sticks are sticks that are primarily sold to junior/minor pro teams, as well as the European market.  They tend to be a touch heavier however it's reinforced; it's for teams that have limited budgets.

In North America, the stick below the top end is typically called a team stick, as it's similar to those models.

Now this got interesting. I just recently tested these sticks, top end and the Team version, at the shop floor. Just feeling, no puck or anything. Both were 85 flex. And those two felt very different, team-version felt like quite a bit softer considering it supposed to be the "same" stick. And i  mean the lower portion of the stick To be exact, because the real super tacks were very stiff in my opinion.

This left me thinking, because somebody in the shop told me that they are same sticks, just different materials...

So if anyone knows better kickpoint differences or anything, i'm listening. :)

3 minutes ago, S'land9.16.7 said:

The Super Tacks Team sticks my team gets are low kick. They have the LK code on them and definitely aren't the best feeling sticks, but they shoot well.

I have a couple of the original Tacks Team sticks and i would agree. 

For the OP:

On 2/9/2017 at 4:07 AM, Jratcl13 said:

Quick question for anyone who might know, what is the difference between the super tacks and super tacks team stick. Am looking at picking one up as they are on sale on hockey monkey eu for about half price. 

Is it the same stick with more material so its more resistant to slashes? Also, is it comparable to the 6092 as that is also on sale and am considering that if there isn't much difference. 

Thank Guys

This particular team stick is a reinforced, low-kick shaft (preferred construction among teams) with a progressively stiff blade construction, which is different from the retail mid-kick shaft and consistently stiff blade. It is NOT a 6092 with a ST graphic. It's a great stick, and has been very well received by the developmental leagues that use them...

Interesting thread. I didn't know what ''team'' was even tho its written on my Pro Stock Superfast. It definitely looks and feels like ''the'' Superfast, very light too, does not feel like a 2nd tier stick. My guess would be just like any pro stock stick, the ''Team'' chooses specs on that stick before ordering, so sticks from different player / teams can vary largely, right?

One thing I hope for you is that WTV the Retail Super Tacks Team stick is, that the blade is reinforced, as the retail Super Tacks blade does not last long, very disappointing from CCM as its a great stick performance wise.