Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha QX Glove

We will be conducting a LTR on these gloves soon; also, this thread will be monitored by Warrior's product team, so if you have any questions about the glove, be sure to ask it here.

What will the color offerings be? I've been looking for a pair of all-black gloves with white lettering (like the Flyers/Stars/Kings use) and nothing currently offered really feels good. My current favorite pair of gloves to wear is the CCM 4RPro III because of how they hug your fingers and palm/backhand without sacrificing mobility and from what I read on the Warrior blog about the QX gloves, it seems like the Warriors will fit similarly? Is this true? If so I would be seriously considering picking up a pair.

On February 11, 2017 at 2:36 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

We will be conducting a LTR on these gloves soon; also, this thread will be monitored by Warrior's product team, so if you have any questions about the glove, be sure to ask it here.

Thanks JR.

Mod Squad Hockey Members,

In 2017, we've partnered with MSH to give exclusive inside looks at our upcoming product.  The MSH community has been a great resource for Warrior in the past and we'd like to extend that great relationship to content that the membership will not see anywhere else.  In addition, we will be providing samples of the gloves leading up to launch so key members can share their thoughts and insights on the new product and help explain features, benefits and maybe some huge misses (fingers crossed there are none  :rolleyes:).  

We're hoping this open discussion will help MSH members learn more about our product from trusted peers and not just some marketing message touting the latest and greatest (like anything from @warriorstickguy).  We respect the group too much to think that you would blindly believe everything we say is an "amazingly amazing, never-before-seen innovative innovation".  We'll let the group decide for themselves and welcome questions and discussion on our product.  

Selfishly, this open discussion also helps us improve our product and find new ways to advance hockey equipment with informed and constructive dialogue with the real people who use it.

This new process rolls-out with the Alpha QX glove line that releases to the public in April.  I'm excited to field your questions and hopefully guide you to trying the gloves on for yourselves.

Thanks for the opportunity.

KP

Take a look at our first blog reveal on the Alpha QX gloves - it may answer some of your initial questions:

https://warriorhockey.com/2017/02/09/2017-alpha-qx-glove-goals/

This is cool. As someone who has only played one warrior stick (the Bentley, when I was a broke college student) I'm interested to hear more from you guys in the coming months.

i guess my only question about the new gloves is what type of fit are they? Traditional, tapered, or anatomical? I've been hold off on new mitts but tried the Covert line on today. Too narrow of a cuff for my liking. 

As someone who has a bunch of four-rolls, including three pairs of Franchises, I am cautiously intrigued about these and the new fit. Looking forward to trying them on and hopefully a test drive.

Is this the new gen of the QRL from last year that had the awesome cuffs? I wanted some of the QRLs, but stopped skating out so I didn't bother. I think I may pull the trigger on these. 

Edit: Ah, this is the Dynasty line replacement, not the Covert line. My mistake. 

Will the Alpha QX feature a cuff design similar to the QRL's AxyFlex? QRL's are on my radar as a replacement for my current custom Eagles, largely due to the cuff and flexible thumb. If these are similar in that regard, the 4roll style would likely be more comparable to my PPFs.  

Are these staying wider like the Franchise, or are they going to be a bit more tapered fit? 

How do we get to test a pair of these gloves? Looking to replace my pair of warrior AX1's, if you don't ask right ;)

How is the fit different between the AX1 and the QX, is it a lot closer to the hand?

What are the upgrades that have been made over the current glove?

I've been in Eagles for 10+ years, one pair of 4 roll customs and one pair of X70's(my favorite) and I'm intrigued by the Alpha series.  I always loved the feel  on the X70 but  wanted a bit less "volume". 

On 2/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, GoalForFun said:

What will the color offerings be? I've been looking for a pair of all-black gloves with white lettering (like the Flyers/Stars/Kings use) and nothing currently offered really feels good. My current favorite pair of gloves to wear is the CCM 4RPro III because of how they hug your fingers and palm/backhand without sacrificing mobility and from what I read on the Warrior blog about the QX gloves, it seems like the Warriors will fit similarly? Is this true? If so I would be seriously considering picking up a pair.

Also looking for this information...

MissConduct needs new gloves and we're looking for Toronto Maple Leafs Dark Royal with a White cuff in a glove that fits like her old Franchises. Trust me when I tell you there is nothing currently available between Windsor and Toronto.  We made the trip, over two days hit 13 different hockey stores and found that a) nothing fits quite right, (mostly too restrictive in range of hand motion) and b) their selections all suck for Leafs colours.... (store owners in the Toronto area should note this...)

ditto to GoalForFun's comment on the CCM 4 roll pro's. If they had the right colour, they were one of the best fitting gloves we found...

On February 12, 2017 at 1:22 PM, GoalForFun said:

We will have an all-black with white letter color way in every model (QX ->QX5)

I can speak to them feeling like CCM, but I will say that I've never felt a glove be so comfy out of the box like this before.

When it comes to fit will the QX have fingers that are close to the skin to provide wicking? Also from the from the first pictures I have seen is there more padding in the cuff to the wrist?

14 hours ago, Hat_Trick_Hokie said:

As someone who has a bunch of four-rolls, including three pairs of Franchises, I am cautiously intrigued about these and the new fit. Looking forward to trying them on and hopefully a test drive.

Take a look at our first Alpha QX blog - it's a quick read and could give you some insight to the fit.  https://warriorhockey.com/2017/02/09/2017-alpha-qx-glove-goals/

Many Franchise lovers (including me - 14N Franchise 2008/MB22) in the office were concerned about straying too far from what made us, but all I can say without you trying them on -  you'll be surprised.

I hate the idea of moving from the traditional '4-roll' fit & feel of the Franchise and even the AX1. It seems in the hockey world there is the age old adage of 'If it isn't broken, let's try something different anyways'. I am in the boat of being a Franchise lover, count me in the camp that will need a lot of convincing to purchase a pair of these.

After reading the blog and seeing the mention of "Butter Soft Feel" along with "Best In Class Materials" it sounds as if this would address the production issues I've seen when Warrior moved the production of gloves overseas. The overseas glove production changed the fit and feel of Warrior gloves as a whole. The mention of gloves pinching is a good description of my experience with the overseas AX1 along with whatever materials were used as they felt stiff and cheaply made. I hope changing the feel and materials can put the Alpha models on par with their Made In Canada predecessors. 

Is there any chance we will see the return of more in depth glove options such as different cuff options through the online customizer? I am not a fan of any of the "flex" cuffs, but if there were an option with a traditional cuff I might consider giving these gloves a try.

As the_game mentioned, I noticed a change in quality once gloves started being produced overseas as well, and that has led me to narrow my focus on specific MIC warrior models of which I am extremely fond. 

The Cuff does raise a couple questions with me as well, as I feel that it will limit options on glove models from Warrior as both the Alpha and the QRL have these flex cuffs that I have never personally been a fan of. 

My questions would be about the materials, are you continuing to use the thin mesh materials seen in the past on the covert gloves as well as on the stripes of Asian made franchises or has that been dropped? 

And of course, will these be customizable and if so to what extent?

if this site has taught me one thing in the almost 10 (wow) years that I've been a member, it's the adage don't knock it Til you try it. Warrior products have been extremely good to me in the past so I look forward to trying these on and hoping that my hesitations will be eliminated. 

I can not wait for these new gloves.  I loved the franchise and liked the AX1, but find the QRL a little to tight for my liking. 

What I do like about the QRL is the flexing thumb.  Will the new Alpha QX have the flex thumb?

45 minutes ago, hawk11 said:

I can not wait for these new gloves.  I loved the franchise and liked the AX1, but find the QRL a little to tight for my liking. 

What I do like about the QRL is the flexing thumb.  Will the new Alpha QX have the flex thumb?

With the addition of our Axis Flex Thumb, this glove works more “with” your hand than just a large, clunky protective shell around it.

From the blog, so yes.

Would love to test these. I have the QRL Pro right now and would love to do a head to head comparison of the two. So far, from what I've seen I really dig the graphics on the Alpha line.

Ive been very impressed with Warriors glove releases recently, especially with the QRL line. Cannot wait to feel these in person! especially compared with the QRL, just in case i need to switch over.

Also, thanks to warrior for being so involved with this community. Its excellent to see that this is only growing as time goes on.

4 hours ago, the_game said:

I hate the idea of moving from the traditional '4-roll' fit & feel of the Franchise and even the AX1. It seems in the hockey world there is the age old adage of 'If it isn't broken, let's try something different anyways'. I am in the boat of being a Franchise lover, count me in the camp that will need a lot of convincing to purchase a pair of these.

After reading the blog and seeing the mention of "Butter Soft Feel" along with "Best In Class Materials" it sounds as if this would address the production issues I've seen when Warrior moved the production of gloves overseas. The overseas glove production changed the fit and feel of Warrior gloves as a whole. The mention of gloves pinching is a good description of my experience with the overseas AX1 along with whatever materials were used as they felt stiff and cheaply made. I hope changing the feel and materials can put the Alpha models on par with their Made In Canada predecessors. 

Is there any chance we will see the return of more in depth glove options such as different cuff options through the online customizer? I am not a fan of any of the "flex" cuffs, but if there were an option with a traditional cuff I might consider giving these gloves a try.

4 hours ago, adam14 said:

As the_game mentioned, I noticed a change in quality once gloves started being produced overseas as well, and that has led me to narrow my focus on specific MIC warrior models of which I am extremely fond. 

The Cuff does raise a couple questions with me as well, as I feel that it will limit options on glove models from Warrior as both the Alpha and the QRL have these flex cuffs that I have never personally been a fan of. 

My questions would be about the materials, are you continuing to use the thin mesh materials seen in the past on the covert gloves as well as on the stripes of Asian made franchises or has that been dropped? 

And of course, will these be customizable and if so to what extent?

if this site has taught me one thing in the almost 10 (wow) years that I've been a member, it's the adage don't knock it Til you try it. Warrior products have been extremely good to me in the past so I look forward to trying these on and hoping that my hesitations will be eliminated. 

I'll answer these together since some of the questions are linked.

I hate the idea of "moving away..." too.  I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied with the blend of what "made us" so popular in Franchise with what we do to modernize that.  The Franchise, though close to it, was not "the perfect glove" (I can't wait for the comments on this statement HAHA!) 

The material upgrades will surprise you.  The product team is working under very tough restrictions for what dealers request for a price and what we do for that price.  Apart from all that, our product team has a new focus on delivering quality and richness for EVERY price glove we produce.  We want every consumer that purchases Warrior gloves to have the very best for their dollar.  Our product team is very aware of this.

The flex cuff on the Alpha won't be as extreme as the QRL.  To me, it's a nice blend of traditional with the added benefits of the cuff moving with your hand to protect it.  You don't feel it, but it's there when you need it.

I can't speak to the options on the customizer for Alpha but I can share that the days of getting a Savard or Yakupov cuff with a call to JoeM in the custom dept at Warrior are gone.  Though it was a great benefit to the few consumers that requested it - the burdens on our factory in Canada and costs involved were not sustainable for retail product.

3 hours ago, Dnk900 said:

Will there be a side by side comparison to the AX1 and Alpha Qx

Great idea - we'll provide info in this manner so it really pushes home the point of differences between Alpha and Dynasty.

11 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

We will have an all-black with white letter color way in every model (QX ->QX5)

By this mean you that even the stripes on the backhand rolls will be black?