Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ACE 22 QC

New Elite Sharpening Systems

On 4/14/2017 at 8:22 AM, stick9 said:

Very cool! Looks very much like something you would see in a high tech machine shop. 

I was about to add that this looks very similar to a milling machine. At some computer controls and CNC. Add AI and its Cyberdyne Systems... and so on

• Like 1

On 02/06/2017 at 11:07 AM, WhosUrDaddy said:

How long does it take to do a pair?

It takes about 2 minutes depending on what shape they are in.

On 02/06/2017 at 11:07 AM, WhosUrDaddy said:

Elite just updated their website.

Got some great (general) info on sharpening and of course on their machines too.

I've had this sharpening done twice now and I have to say I'm impressed. Very coefficient and consistent. I'd highly recommend checking them if in Montreal, for the rest of us it might be a while for retail machines unfortunately. Hopefully the hype from the NHL starts to trickle down sooner, rather than later.....

http://eliteperformancetech.com/player-services/

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, malcb33 said:

Habs, Leafs, Jets and Flyers I believe so far. Many more are interested 

Its been over 1 year now and its safe to say that more teams have now bought into the idea of automated sharpening and profiling. Las Vegas, San Jose, Chicago, Detroit and others...  aswell and their AHL affiliates. PENN State U and many other junior level teams have also started using these machines!

The profiling machine can profile 4 blades at a time. But the main advantage is the reference point....  Other system use the bottom portion of the blade as the reference point. Therefore, if the two blades don't have the same "original shape", the machine will not grind the same amount of steel on both blades. If you are to remove the blades from the skate holder, you should notice a slight difference from 1 blade to the other. The Elite profiling machine will hold the blades in the exact same reference point as if they were in the original holder. Which means, unlike other profiling systems, the 4 blades will be identical. So in terms of advantages, the machine is faster, more precise and easy to use.

Edited by ACE 22 QC

5 hours ago, ACE 22 QC said:

The profiling machine can profile 4 blades at a time. But the main advantage is the reference point....  Other system use the bottom portion of the blade as the reference point. Therefore, if the two blades don't have the same "original shape", the machine will not grind the same amount of steel on both blades. If you are to remove the blades from the skate holder, you should notice a slight difference from 1 blade to the other. The Elite profiling machine will hold the blades in the exact same reference point as if they were in the original holder. Which means, unlike other profiling systems, the 4 blades will be identical. So in terms of advantages, the machine is faster, more precise and easy to use.

What is the MSRP of each machine? The profiling one and the sharpening? 

I would love to try this out if ever a Shop in Ottawa gets one.

I'm thinking of even travelling to Dorval (Performaxx) to get my profile done in the new year.

6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Wow, those prices dropped...it was more last Summer, at least for the profiling unit. 

I asked a buddy and he said both units can be purchased for 30k. Quite a steep investment but the technology looks very good. I need to see it in person though.