Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

P92 lie 5 and p28

Will the p92 lie 5 put that much more blade on the ice vs the lie 6 or is it just going to change the angle more?

im currently using the p28.  Anybody switched from one to the other?  If so what were your thoughts?

im short like 5'8, but kind of an upright skater.  P28 may be a little extreme so that's why thinking of trying p92 lie 5

I play both but the P92 in a 6 lie and the P28 in a 5 lie. Not a sizable difference. I made up for by tweaking the length, 6 lie being about an inch shorter.

Shooting wise there is some adjustment in technique. The 28 makes you shoot off the toe where as the 92 is more a heel to toe type technique. I find the adjustment easier going from the 28 to the 92.

P28 is great heel to toe as well. Just have to take a minute to figure out the release point versus the doldrums.

16 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Will the p92 lie 5 put that much more blade on the ice vs the lie 6 or is it just going to change the angle more?

im currently using the p28.  Anybody switched from one to the other?  If so what were your thoughts?

im short like 5'8, but kind of an upright skater.  P28 may be a little extreme so that's why thinking of trying p92 lie 5

If you're an upright skater, you'd probably want to stick with the higher lie. 

I went P92 lie 5 to P28. I preferred the P92 for saucers and toe drags. I find the toe on the P28 took me a while to dial in the drags. It's more pronounced, so the puck would end up shooting behind me and I would lose it. Now I've adjusted. The P28 is great for general puckhandling and I love it for the quick release snappers I tend to use. I've always been a lie 5 guy though. I could never fully adjust to the P92 until I tried it in a lie 5.

I used to use a P92, but I have since switched up to the P28 curve.

There's 2 things that I liked in the P28 over the 92.

1) The end/toe of the blade is not off the ice as much, so if I happen to try to get a puck off the boards, it doesn't slip under the toe.

2) The length of the blade seems to be a smidge longer and I like that personally.

I also have a bit more control over my shots too, so there's that as well, but anyone can control their shot with their curve, just takes practice.

I went from P92L5 to P28.  In terms of just the lie, P92L5 and P28 are about the same.  I felt like the toe was more off the ice on the P28, whereas the P92 was more rockered from heel to toe, and had less blade on the ice overall.  I liked the P28, but was having problems keeping long outlet passes flat and down.  They would float and wobble.  SO just went to P88 which gets the most blade ont he ice, and I can make clean crisp passes now.  And, despite being labeled as lie 6, the P88 is the same lie as the P28.

1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

I went from P92L5 to P28.  In terms of just the lie, P92L5 and P28 are about the same.  I felt like the toe was more off the ice on the P28, whereas the P92 was more rockered from heel to toe, and had less blade on the ice overall.  I liked the P28, but was having problems keeping long outlet passes flat and down.  They would float and wobble.  SO just went to P88 which gets the most blade ont he ice, and I can make clean crisp passes now.  And, despite being labeled as lie 6, the P88 is the same lie as the P28.

Do you still have P28 sticks? Try changing your release point, so you release from just past the middle of the blade. If you wait too long, you'll release with the puck only half in contact with the blade face due to the rocker. The wobble effect comes from the dead zone between the two lies.

34 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Do you still have P28 sticks? Try changing your release point, so you release from just past the middle of the blade. If you wait too long, you'll release with the puck only half in contact with the blade face due to the rocker. The wobble effect comes from the dead zone between the two lies.

yeah, I still have them.  I'm happy with the P88 though.  The P28 was just too inconsistent, especially when I was under pressure and didn't have a lot of time.  I'm sure I could practice a lot and eventually get it down, but that's not going to happen.  And it's not going to improve in a game.

36 minutes ago, MD56 said:

What's going to be the closest to a P19,  Crosby or Ove? 

Asked and answered, no?

On 2017-02-21 at 2:08 PM, flip12 said:

Agreed, could not get used to E28 due to puck wobble, off shots, where with the P92 clones i am firing rockets (slap shots no issues with both, but i mostly take snap shots). Even tho i skate deep down, the p92 lie 6 felt like a better choice for me, and i would get even wear on the tape, where the E28 i would get right at the heel tape wear. But thats just me, everybody shoots and handles differently. 

44 minutes ago, MD56 said:

What's going to be the closest to a P19,  Crosby or Ove? 

Ovie as in P92 Ovechkin? Probably the p29, the p19 and p29 both have slightly less toe, and a bit more heel compared to the P92. But they are all very similar and adjustments should not be an issue. 

10 minutes ago, icewalker_bg said:

A lie 5 P92 would probably be better for me, but they are so hard to find, and Bauer is slowly phasing them out from what i inderstand. 

Time to move to True :)

Doesn't tape wear on the heel imply you should go with a lower lie?

also, does the p28 have more blade on the ice than the lie 5 and 6 p92 due to p92 rocker?

13 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

Yes, i get some moderate heel / mid wear with the p92 lie 6, oddly enough with the p28 in was concentrated on apprx. 1 inch   Right at the heel...

Are these sticks all cut the same height?

On 2/21/2017 at 0:25 PM, psulion22 said:

Cup that puck haha! As someone who came from using the P88, that was the biggest adjustment for me. I go back and forth with E28 and P46 curve with both having more bite in comparison to the P88. I have to cup and "roll" my wrist more to eliminate the wobble effect (more so with the E28).

1 hour ago, icewalker_bg said:

Yes

This is interesting. Typically with the lower lie, you'd see the wear closer to the toe if the sticks are the same height. I found I could leave a lower lie stick a half inch to an inch longer and experience the same wear. Maybe has something to do with rocker. Not sure here.