Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyrzman

2015 Nexus N7000 or 2017 Nexus 6000

I'm buying a new stick for a first time in years, Ive used an Easton shaft / blade combo forever and had quite a stock of blades but now its time to move on. I play defense in a beer league so I'm looking for something decent $100 or under. I think Ive settled on the Bauer Nexus, however I found a 2015 N7000 for $80 and the new 6000 is $60. Upon quick review there doesn't seem top be much difference. Would I be better of with the newer 6000? Any other suggestions as far as sticks go? Thanks.

I just got a CCM Tacks 4092 twig for $85. Good reviews, same blade as the top CCM sticks, 485 grams.  There are so many stick choppers in beer league, I think it's foolish to spend more than $100 on a stick. Better to work on your shot and your legs to get yourself more space.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, flyrzman said:

I was also looking at the 2017 CCM 4092. Any thoughts on this stick? 

If tech's your thing, then the stick is somewhat lacking on buzzwords. Otherwise, it's a normal mid kick stick.

At this price point, unless you are buying something on closeout, you'll get what you pay for. Really the thing to do would be to bump up to the $140 range and get yourself a True 4.5.

The other option is pro-stock, which can be hit or miss. I've found some good value with pro-stocks, but it can be costly if you don't know exactly what you want.