Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddy

Bauer Toe Caps

Looking for a new Bauer Toe Cap for my pro stock Nexus 7000 skates. The toe cap cracked on the side, so I'm looking for a replacement for repair. I spoke with Dan at Georges Hockey Repair and said to try and get my hands on one for the repair for the best solution. If I can't get one Dan said he would do his best in the repair. Anyone know where, or a Bauer rep to get one from? I'm looking for the left side, size 9 for the Bauer Nexus 7000 pro stock skate.

I have a pair of Nexus 1000 I no longer use, and could probably use the toe cap from that, but trying to avoid pulling them apart. 

Yah, I browsed online and it seems as if they don't sell those 2nd/3rd party. So, you can do 3 things:

1. Speak to Bauer Nexus Rep, and see if they sell, or have replacement toe caps...

2. Ask your local hockey shop specialized repair guy, to see if see can mold them together nicely with opoxy and gorilla glue...

3. I'm guessing you've had these skates a considerable amount of time (since the toe cap spilt), so invest in some new skates. If you'd like some skates that will stop this from happening again, make sure you get ones that are heat moldable (meaning they shape to your foot [sort of like shaping a mouthguard]), where your hockey shop will bake them and size to your particular foot.

8 hours ago, WSjo22 said:

Try Zwickers in MA or TSR in NH

I went to TSR originally as that is where I bought them. All they could do to fix the toe cap cracking on the side was use glue. Unfortunately they glued it in Dec, and it came undone in Feb. Went back, and did it again for it to only last a day. I'm trying to find a cap through a Bauer rep, or I will end up buying a pair of used skates and hope to take the toe cap off of that.