Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedorov91

"Thick" blades

Does anybody else find that using a thick blade in roller hockey messes up your shot? (mostly slapshots) I can't quite explain it but when I try to use a thick blade like on the M-1 or some pro Inno blades I got recently, my slapshot just knuckleballs and wobbles like crazy, it's horrible. I usually have a great slapper and I score a lot of goals using it but basically I took a little break for about a week or 2, I start playing again and now my slapshot is terrible, it's really pissing me off. I went and got a 100 flex Synergy and thought this would help but it didn't, the 100 feels too whippy. The problem is that I had been using 220 and 200 flex Fedorov 1100 shafts the past year and I loved it. I think I've gotten used to the stiff flex and thats what I need to get the best possible shot off. I'm going to have to get some more 1100's I guess. Oh and by the way, my slapper is still good on ice, just bad in roller. There isn't really much of a point to all of this rambaling other than the fact I'm just discouraged that I brought a Synergy and a M-1 and I still like my 1100 better than both.

I prefer a thinner blade in roller hockey too. I like thin blades for ice, but it's not a necessity for me, like it is in roller. I find that my M-1 has a fairly thin blade though.

yea your right, the M1 isn't that thick really but the Focus Flex's are slightly thinner so I like em more for roller. I don't mind a thick blade on Ice because I think they're more durable and I like how it feels like the puck is more cushioned. At least thats how my Innovative blades are, in the past 8 months I've gone through 6 focus flex blades. I own 4 Inno blades and haven't broken one. I'm not ripping on Easton, I just wish they didn't break so damn much. But I know this cool guy now who I think can hook me up with some ZCarbons for a reasonable price. So I'm going to have to get a few :D