Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

resolvist

Remember the z bubble? What curve did it come in?

Hey guys,

Trying to figure out what curve I was using when I was a kid.

Z bubble shaft w the blade to match. No idea what curves these came in at the time. Does anyone remember what was popular at the time?

My guess would be shanahan. Can anyone remember?

DSC_0222.jpg

Wow, I haven't thought of these in a long time. They were awesome... I had the green blade holders on my skates too. 

Two most popular curves I remember were the Shanahan and Yzerman but for some reason I also think I saw a few guys using a Lidstrom curve too. 

have you looked at the archived catalogs in the download section.  You should be able to see what curves where available.  Note: some catalogs are in the blast from the past section.

That looks like the Shannahan z-bubbles I've seen. If that is yours, I am incredibly jealous. I've been trying to find a pristine one to buy for months now.

I had several Z-Bubbles back in the day (broke 2 or 3), it was my stick of choice in college.  Those fancy blades didn't come out til later on from what I remember (or maybe I just never noticed?) and when I bought mine I normally chose the Lidstrom curve option with an 85 flex shaft, I used to love the heel curve back then before I picked up an old Jagr pro stock Koho blade and fell in love with toe curves (it's a curse).  I still have 2 Z-bubble shafts, I don't use them but don't have the heart to get rid of them lol

Ha! I still have my Z-Bubble shaft in the basement. Busted my old wooded Nike St.Paul curve blade last summer though. There is a LHS here that still have some old Christian, Koho, and Bauer blades, might check for a Bauer ABS and use for some street puck with my kids

On March 1, 2017 at 0:37 PM, freeflyer14 said:

I used to use the Zhamnov curve.  In a related note, I still have an Easton hockey bag with Z-Air logos on it.

I loved the z-air line. I used to have a red and black pair of the Z-Air gloves that the outer material literally melted away after years of use

Curious; Are you asking about the curves for history or trying to remember the pattern (actual curve you used).

The Z-bubble was a shaft, not an ops, so it didn't "come" in any curve, you had to put a blade with it.  The Ultra Lite z-tac blade that you have pictured I believe came in the standard Easton curves - Modano, Sakic, Shanahan, Lidstrom.  Judging by the shape of the blade, I'd guess its a Lidstrom.  The Shanahan has a similar shape, but the bottom was extremely flat and that one looks to have some rocker to it, which is why I say Lidstrom.  If you look at the curve it'll be obvious - The Lidstrom was a deep heel with an open face, the Shanahan was a toe with a closed face.   

I had the Shanahan when I still owned one of these. Was a pretty common blade option if you didn't buy the shaft-only. What a great stick this was back in the day.