Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colins

CCM Sticks - A low point?

1 hour ago, HarpGuy said:

Then what the hell is going to happen to my beloved P38 curve? I noticed NONE in a huge hockey shop here the other day. I'm getting worried. 

Warrior is too damned confusing. Qrl is $100, QRL1 is $339 or whatever. It's bullisht. 

warrior is not confusing at all. QRL, QRL Pro, QRL3, QRL 4, QRL5 is their current line, QR1, QR pro, QR3, QR4, QR5 the previous. the presence of the L signifies its the current model, and the numbers go in order of features. no different than having X800 or X900 etc, in fact its a lot easier to tell the current top of the line warrior than it is Bauer, 1x vs 1x

2 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

I am using a N9000 because I am not that crazy to spend 339.99$ + tax on a hockey stick, but I am sure the 1N 2017 will go down as one the great ones like the One95, people seem to enjoy it that much. 

Blade thickness:

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Yea, I was able to get the 2016 1N through Total Hockey for about $145 (and looking to get the Hockey Green $10 credit to subsidize the cost). The One95 P88 is my favorite stick of all time. I hope you are right!

I have tried the previous 2016 1N / 8000, nothing too crazy its an alright stick, used them once and got rid on them. I really think they cranked it up in 2017, feel, shooting and pass recieving is so much better. Always used same flex / curve to compare. 

On Warrior's naming scheme- the pricing pretty much implies the order of quality, but I can easily see the less informed consumer make the assumption that "Pro > 1"

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

On Warrior's naming scheme- the pricing pretty much implies the order of quality, but I can easily see the less informed consumer make the assumption that "Pro > 1"

I agree, that's the only real confusing part. You'd expect "pro" to be the top model if you didn't know better. Almost feels like a "why not just make 10 louder?" scenario. 

2 hours ago, colins said:

I'll give Warrior credit, they have simplified things over the last couple years. But yeah, you still see some unsold QR1 sticks alongside the QRL, and if you didn't know one was this year's model and the other was last year's model, that can be confusing. Tacks, Ultra Tacks, Super Tacks, now Super Tacks 2.0? When's Super-Duper Tacks coming out? It gets silly doesn't it.

Back in the day you had the Sherwood 5030, Titan TPM 2020, Bauer Supreme 3030 - and they were there, year after year, looking the same and performing the same. We had it made! :-)

I think Bauer is actually on to something with the '17 added to the same sticks as last year's models. Maybe it's seen as 'boring', I don't know, but I think you just tweak the design a bit, put the model year on it, and otherwise keep the 'family' theme the same year after year so we can get some consistency from one year to the next when buying our retail sticks.

colins

We already talked about more Tacks names. Look in 2016 - 17 Gear Sightings.

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I agree, that's the only real confusing part. You'd expect "pro" to be the top model if you didn't know better. Almost feels like a "why not just make 10 louder?" scenario. 

because it goes to 11....

I've been stocking up on as many Ultra Tacks and Tacks as I can find in my beloved P46 because (1) The Super Tacks gets such bad reviews. and (2) they are cutting out the P46 in the next set of sticks.  At this point there are pretty much none out there and I may end up picking up some Super Tacks when they go on sale next month.  So sad....

my ribcores/reckoners have been tanks no issues at all, i will be sad if they get rid of the p46 though

i wanted to love the new QRL as many have recommended... but every warrior stick i get the grip coating peels right off in the first couple skates

On 3/7/2017 at 7:39 AM, EBondo said:

My first Super Tacks stick got a giant gash on the top of the blade the first time I used it (I imagine I got hacked pretty hard, but don't remember it happening - next shot, snap), and I found out that apparently the first couple batches of Super Tacks did have durability issues with the blades. I believe the warranty replacement I got from CCM was a different batch, as the stick has a tiny Tacks logo below the pattern information that wasn't on my original stick. So far, it's held up great and has taken a LOT of abuse in the few months I've had it.

Hi!

I just ran on a good bargain about the Super Tacks so I had to purchase it. I haven't yet used it it but I wonder if the stick is from the first batches of Super Tacks with the durability issues or maybe some resent batches. The price for the was so low that I'm afraid that it's some of the faulty sticks. Where the tiny Tacks logo is located in your stick that wasn't in the previous one?

Ok I get it. The Warrior line, which I like the sticks BTW, goes along similarly like say the BMW 3 series. 318, 323, 325, 328, 330, 335. Some years different models are available etc..

I don't know the differences between all of those cars, and I don't know the differences between the Warrior brand. If I was going to buy a BMW I would learn the differences. IF I need the Karlsson curve because my Datsyuk gets dropped I'll learn the differences. 

FWIW I don't completely understand the Ribcor line either. Maybe because I only spend time online looking for sticks, but I buy them locally. My 48K was $169 originally, but I think the 49K is like $119? Which is weird.. Anyway. I love Hockey

22 minutes ago, HarpGuy said:

Ok I get it. The Warrior line, which I like the sticks BTW, goes along similarly like say the BMW 3 series. 318, 323, 325, 328, 330, 335. Some years different models are available etc..

I don't know the differences between all of those cars, and I don't know the differences between the Warrior brand. If I was going to buy a BMW I would learn the differences. IF I need the Karlsson curve because my Datsyuk gets dropped I'll learn the differences. 

FWIW I don't completely understand the Ribcor line either. Maybe because I only spend time online looking for sticks, but I buy them locally. My 48K was $169 originally, but I think the 49K is like $119? Which is weird.. Anyway. I love Hockey

The 47K is $120 and the 49K is $170, I think.

44 minutes ago, HarpGuy said:

48K is the last line, 48k being 2nd tier. 49K is current line, 2nd tier too. If you do a bit of research it is very easy to figure it out...

18 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Yes, we get that a lot.  But here's a secret - when we changed the second price point in the line to "Pro" instead of "2" - our sales of that model jumped up instantly.  

Call it subconscious consumer perception or whatever, but people don't like being or buying #2.  It's not the best.

1 hour ago, HarpGuy said:

Usually consumers will understand the different models of sticks by price.  That's usually a very quick way to figure out the line.

Also, FYI, BMW numbers in their model names refer to their engine size (in litres) by series.  

31 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

Yes, we get that a lot.  But here's a secret - when we changed the second price point in the line to "Pro" instead of "2" - our sales of that model jumped up instantly.  

Call it subconscious consumer perception or whatever, but people don't like being or buying #2.  It's not the best.

Oh it makes perfect sense believe me. I was thinking more along the lines of Pro being ahead of 1. 

FWIW: I've always had great luck with the "AX2s and DT2s" over the years as I prefer a stick around the 440-460 gram range, but the average consumer isn't an MSH gearhead :ph34r:

I wanted to love the Trigger, but god, WORST BLADES EVER. The stick feels great and shoots like a beast but everyone I  know that has one, including my own, the blades (and specifically the toe of the blades) start chipping away like crazy after about 10 games. In contrast my N1 and Ek16 & EK60 are all still pretty much in perfect shape while being used more.

14 hours ago, julkki said:

Hi!

I just ran on a good bargain about the Super Tacks so I had to purchase it. I haven't yet used it it but I wonder if the stick is from the first batches of Super Tacks with the durability issues or maybe some resent batches. The price for the was so low that I'm afraid that it's some of the faulty sticks. Where the tiny Tacks logo is located in your stick that wasn't in the previous one?

I can't answer whether the stick you received is from an initial batch of more recent batch, I can't even answer 100% correctly if the stick I received is from a newer batch or not. But on my warrantied stick from CCM, there's a tiny Tacks logo right below the 75 Flex Grip - Mackinnon P40 namebar on the stick.

12 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

I wonder what % of that bump in sales stems directly from people thinking they are getting the top end on sale (or similar lines of confusion). 

Still, an interesting sales tactic that is paying off. 

14 hours ago, ZINC said:

I wanted to love the Trigger, but god, WORST BLADES EVER. The stick feels great and shoots like a beast but everyone I  know that has one, including my own, the blades (and specifically the toe of the blades) start chipping away like crazy after about 10 games. In contrast my N1 and Ek16 & EK60 are all still pretty much in perfect shape while being used more.

The toe was always first to go on all my RBZs...

14 hours ago, EBondo said:

I can't answer whether the stick you received is from an initial batch of more recent batch, I can't even answer 100% correctly if the stick I received is from a newer batch or not. But on my warrantied stick from CCM, there's a tiny Tacks logo right below the 75 Flex Grip - Mackinnon P40 namebar on the stick.

Do you have a pic?

15 hours ago, EBondo said:

Thanks for the info, it seems that I have also a tiny Tacks logo in the same place. I have used the stick for a couple of times I really do like the performance. Also the puck feel for me is almost perfect. Let's see how it holds up.

5 hours ago, julkki said:

Thanks for the info, it seems that I have also a tiny Tacks logo in the same place. I have used the stick for a couple of times I really do like the performance. Also the puck feel for me is almost perfect. Let's see how it holds up.

My stick has the Tacks logo below the flex and pattern but I wouldn't call it tiny. Are you guys talking about something different than this?

Displaying IMG_0122.JPG

colins